Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seibon hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:30 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZlleH
What is that think suction-cupped to your windshield?

And will you put on hood pins? Or do the hoods come with reinforced materails underneath the CF to keep the hatch locked to the stock hook?

I probably will do pins to help with the fitment issue, cause the hood wont latch right and any angle or height.

T
Old 08-24-2006, 06:40 AM
punish_her

I was just thinking that, a nice set of wide-set aerocatch latches will pull it down a bit but it realy wont help the side to side.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:01 AM
El Guy

So is it safe without the latches, I have perfect fitment, Just wondering if its going to pop up on me?
Old 08-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
I had the same problem with the OEM hood I had so I dont know if its wraped, or if has to do with the hinges for the hood, cause I have moved the latch everyway I can think of . . .

T
your hood is deffinetly NOT warped. Your fitment is a bit off on the sides, try to dremel the holes on your hinge. Also I know on my RSX you can move the latch up and down on the car, you might want to try that too. It will take some time to make it fit perfect.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by El Guy
So is it safe without the latches, I have perfect fitment, Just wondering if its going to pop up on me?
hood pins are recommended for ALL aftermarket hoods
Old 08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
TayTaythatsme04

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
your hood is deffinetly NOT warped. Your fitment is a bit off on the sides, try to dremel the holes on your hinge. Also I know on my RSX you can move the latch up and down on the car, you might want to try that too. It will take some time to make it fit perfect.

Oh trust me I F***ed with that stupid latch for hours, no luck. I pretty sure its the hinges that hold the hood on the car.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:30 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

i loosened up the latch and had my dad hold it up while i tightened it back down, fit perfect ever since... i thought i was going to be in trouble cause it wouldnt close at first, but then tried that
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 AM
TayTaythatsme04

your a lucky one, a 12 pack and alot of thinking and muscle and its still not right.

T
Old 08-24-2006, 01:12 PM
ZlleH

I took my oem hood off to try out my friend's CF hood and when I went to put back my OEM hood, I need two other person to hold the hood on each side so that I could perfectly position the hood before tightening the bolts. I hope you had two other persons to help you out. It would be a tough job with just one otehr person.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
masterj26

TayTay, what eyelids are those on your car?? How did you all mount the hood?? My OEM CF came with bolts that went through the wood. And my oem hood had nuts that attached it to the hinges with the bolts coming out of the hood which can not be removed. Did you use the bolts that came with the hood? My fitment is like yours right now TayTay, im gonna mess with it more tmw.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:08 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by masterj26
TayTay, what eyelids are those on your car?? How did you all mount the hood?? My OEM CF came with bolts that went through the wood. And my oem hood had nuts that attached it to the hinges with the bolts coming out of the hood which can not be removed. Did you use the bolts that came with the hood? My fitment is like yours right now TayTay, im gonna mess with it more tmw.

yeah, the same thing threw me off a bit too. And the real PITA was that the bolts that came with mine were too long to use since they were long enough to go through the wood. So...here i was w/ my old hood off, and no way to connect the new one. So...i had to run to the store and pick up some bolts that were shorter to bolt the new hood on...also...don't forget to pick up some washers...as the head of the bolt will likely be small enough to not fully cover the bolt hole on the hinges...Here's a pic of mine installed...I was a little disappointed in the fitment...near the wheel wells the hood bulges a little bit and is not flush w/ the fenders....and i really have to push the hood down hard to get it to latch shut...almost like the latch is too short. The hood also is a little short, so it doesn't line up w/ the bumper lines perfectly. I'm hoping when i get the new front bumper that the body shop will be able to work w/ this to improve fitment...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
yeah, the same thing threw me off a bit too. And the real PITA was that the bolts that came with mine were too long to use since they were long enough to go through the wood. So...here i was w/ my old hood off, and no way to connect the new one. So...i had to run to the store and pick up some bolts that were shorter to bolt the new hood on...also...don't forget to pick up some washers...as the head of the bolt will likely be small enough to not fully cover the bolt hole on the hinges...Here's a pic of mine installed...I was a little disappointed in the fitment...near the wheel wells the hood bulges a little bit and is not flush w/ the fenders....and i really have to push the hood down hard to get it to latch shut...almost like the latch is too short. The hood also is a little short, so it doesn't line up w/ the bumper lines perfectly. I'm hoping when i get the new front bumper that the body shop will be able to work w/ this to improve fitment...

Looks like it might be shifted to the right alittle. Did you try looseing up the bolts and sliding it over? Also you can move your stock latch up and down, thats why it may feel too short. I always recommend professional installation, but if you have patience it only takes some tinkering to get it to fit perfect. Your body shop should have no problem get it to align properly.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:26 AM
SweetDreamZ

Hey...yeah...wasn't knockin it at all...the quality of the hood is fantastic...I was amazed when it showed up...Just seemed slightly warped...if i push down on the hood right above the wheel wells, it lines up great. That's why i'm hoping the body shop will be able to pull a few tricks and it'll line right up!