Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In need of a little help - Texas

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Malic350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of a little help - Texas

So I am happy with my GReddy Sides and my JP Vizage rear but really anticipated on finishing it off with a Greddy lip this past weekend. The lip arrives at my Mom's via DHL ($20.00 shipping charge) and I pick it up on Sunday evening. Me and my friend are about to put it yesterday when the worst thing that I can think of has taken place.

The freakin lip has a crack/rip in it right where the Greddy Lip covers the OEM center lip in the very corner left side (assuming you are in the car and the lip is fitted on) ^*%&^%#^%#^%#^$# ^%#%$#%**&^%&^%$^%*$^* !!!!!!!!

From the pictures taken before it was shipped the lip was perfect. The fact it was already painted SS and the paint job was a pretty decent one from what I can see i got a really fair deal. The seller was really nice & called me after we made an agreement and kept in touch as it took a couple of days before he could ship (the Z is his only vehicle had to get help). Even called me when UPS tried to bend him over and give it to him good saying that the shipping cost would be about $150. I told him to tell them to go screw themselves and check with DHL he did and they said $20. He also confirmed the lip was in perfect condition when DHL bubble wrapped it and boxed it. Even called to see if I got it on Wednesday and I told him it made it to my Mom's house and I would pick it up on the weekend.

So what do I do now ??? I want to fix this (FAST)!!! Can this polyurethane lip be fixed and can it be done so without repainting the entire lip because of a 1 inch tear/rip/crack?

***And if you are in the DFW Area who can fix this for me ? I am to the point where if this can be fixed and done so at a good price I could care less to complain to DHL as until now I have had only great experiences with them.

Please HELP !!!!!!

E - (apologizes for long *** story just a little dismayed atm)
Old 09-05-2006, 08:32 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good shop can prob. repair the PU, but it'll likely need a repaint b/c I believe they'll need to strip it to repair it (not sure). One thing you can try if you don't want to repaint the whole thing is have them repair he area, then take it to a touch-up guy (a car dealership should be able to get you in contact with one) and have him just paint the area that was fixed, but it may not be all that much cheaper than just having the whole lip repainted.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Malic350

Thanks MustGoFastR, i was afraid that that would be the case (entire repaint). I truly hope I can find someone that can fix it without a total repaint but then again if it cost about the same when it's all said and done I guess it really wouldn't matter .
Old 09-05-2006, 10:58 AM
bdmpastx

It can be fixed. However, it will need to be repainted. But it isn't that big of a deal really. I have a few bodyshop friends and I have done my fair share at repairing and painting. Too bad I am in Houston.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about the sides. Since you already accepted the item by taking/signing for it you would have to file a claim with DHL. Take lots of pictures before repairing everything, even before they were shipped pictures. The claim will take awhile but they should reimburse you for the repair costs.
Jim
Old 09-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Malic350

Originally Posted by bdmpastx
It can be fixed. However, it will need to be repainted. But it isn't that big of a deal really. I have a few bodyshop friends and I have done my fair share at repairing and painting. Too bad I am in Houston.
yeah lol I was gettin' all happy and then I see HOUSTON !!! lol Thanks man!
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Malic350

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
sorry to hear about the sides. Since you already accepted the item by taking/signing for it you would have to file a claim with DHL. Take lots of pictures before repairing everything, even before they were shipped pictures. The claim will take awhile but they should reimburse you for the repair costs.
Jim
Oh no, the GReddy sides are perfect and looking good. It was the front lip and Yeah I had to ship it to my mom's house as i hate dealing with the Front office (apartments) since I work 8-5.

I got an email from the seller and he also told me to file a claim with them. I think he said something about having it insured for $400 so waiting on a response about that.

I tell you what I noticed that ever since I fitted the lip on the car it does not look right without some type of lip. Those sides definitely require a lip - this sucks lol!

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:37 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How bad is the crack? (obviously bad enough for you to notice it). Reason being ... it's bound to get a few nicks/scratches on it considering it will be the first line of defense for you car. If it's not that noticeable 6 or 7 feet away I'd say put a little touch up paint on it and slap it on. IMO repainting would be waste of time/money.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:39 PM
CRXtoZ

I sent you an email to see if you had the problem taken care with DHL. The Lip was insured for $400, so I don't see why you' re willing to take a lost. I'm sorry that the lip arrived to you damaged. Call me if there's anything more I can do.