Sponsored by:

Varis air duct

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
Don't want to argue with you, Rickdogg, but you are sponsored, recieve low cost or free parts, have sold parts right on these forums. Tell me that is not true and I will shut up.

And I don't think it is appropriate to call people who buy replicas "morons" because they actually have to pay full price for what they buy, rather than being a "parts *****" for companies.

Pay the full price for your parts, then you will have some credibility with me. When a company or companies are paying you or discounting parts to you that you put on your car, you are a representive of the company and not an unbias consumer.
Me being sponsored and getting "hooked" up has nothing to do with my opinion on the matter of cheap replica parts that diminish the car industry. I'm sponsored because companies approach me or I approach them to build a relationship and although it looks like pure gravy to you guys, it is A LOT of hard work and dedication that most of you would never want to go through. Sponsorships are not as simple as putting a sticker on your car and calling it a day and receiving discounted or free parts, but i'll leave that topic for some other discussion.

I've had other cars in the past prior to the Z that were never sponsored and was built from scratch by me. I was just more curious this time around about the car industry and I wanted to try to make a positive difference because I love this hobby. My opinion was the same then and the same now in regards to replica parts and I have an even stronger distaste towards these spineless companies after understanding more of what these companies go through to provide innovative aftermarket products for car enthusiasts like me and everyone else that modifies their car.

I consider people morons when they are so ignorant to the fact of what they are doing when supporting replica companies and blunt or not, people that knowingly support these companies after understanding the effect that is caused by this behavior are even bigger morons. I've shelled out numerous times for full retail price on quality parts on my Z and especially moreso for my previous vehicles without complaining because I as a consumer do not complain if I see value in what I am buying and the company that I am buying it from.

My concern of what you think of my credibility means as much as the dirt that I wash off my car. Hate it or love it, my credibility will speak for itself but when it comes down to it there are true car enthusiasts that want to preserve the aftermarket and these aftermarket companies are not helping.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 09-08-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:10 PM
azula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its an air duct war!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by azula
its an air duct war!!!!!
LOL I don't mean to be all serious, but sometimes things have to be said
Old 09-08-2006, 02:15 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Again, you have a financial interest in the aftermarket parts industry. All your sermonizing and preaching etc, just avoids the fact that you have a financial interest that you seem not to want to recognize. I really don't care what you think of me, but I do know that you are avoiding the issue of selling car parts and being paid to promote them. That is the bottom line. I really don't care how many parts you purchased in the past, full price, nor do I care how hard it is to promote companies to earn your fees. You are paid. Period.

And I guess the bottom line is, people have the right to purchase what they may like, at a price the market determines, and if a "parts pimp" thinks they are morons, so be it. Looks to me that there are plenty of "morons" and only a few people like you who get the parts free, and a few who can afford to pay double or more.

A good example is how you are always posting about "pure performace" etc, then you put that shiny ARC aluminum tube on your car. What a joke.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Again, you have a financial interest in the aftermarket parts industry. All your sermonizing and preaching etc, just avoids the fact that you have a financial interest that you seem not to want to recognize. I really don't care what you think of me, but I do know that you are avoiding the issue of selling car parts and being paid to promote them. That is the bottom line. I really don't care how many parts you purchased in the past, full price, nor do I care how hard it is to promote companies to earn your fees. You are paid. Period.

And I guess the bottom line is, people have the right to purchase what they may like, at a price the market determines, and if a "parts pimp" thinks they are morons, so be it. Looks to me that there are plenty of "morons" and only a few people like you who get the parts free, and a few who can afford to pay double or more.

A good example is how you are always posting about "pure performace" etc, then you put that shiny ARC aluminum tube on your car. What a joke.
I have interest in the car hobby moving forward. Forming this opinion and the "financial" backing (parts or discounts) I receive is NOTHING compared to the blood, sweat, sacrifices, and time that I dedicate to push our hobby. If it was, I would be a filthy rich man!

People definitely have the right to purchase what they want, but if I see crap about replicas popping up, i'm not just going to sit there and let them make an uninformed decision, which is what I was trying to accomplish.

I definitely love performance, but who says I cannot have a few "nice" "bling factor" items on my car because of the way it looks to me? Sometimes there is a compromise between looks and performance and that was one of them. Lets not get in to a debate of what is on my car and what is a joke because it has nothing to do with the matter at hand.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:27 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

enough 'ng. just take it to the track
Old 09-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Volk350Z
Master

wow from what i see -- gringott -- are you pay by the replica comany to be backing them so much?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Ninja350Z
Living in 350Z

Default Duct

Originally Posted by Fear's Track 06
i am looking for a varis air duct. but cant find any FS. if there is someone who knows where i can find one please tell me. THANKS!!!!
I got mine from performance nissan, very quick, 3 days after I placed the order it was at my house.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
wow from what i see -- gringott -- are you pay by the replica comany to be backing them so much?

Well if you look at the "logical" explanation of my opinion being funded somehow I guess that can be true? hahahahaha
Old 09-08-2006, 02:47 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by Rickdogg

Well if you look at the "logical" explanation of my opinion being funded somehow I guess that can be true? hahahahaha
So Rick, you haven't sold car parts on the forums?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

We are out of stock on the air ducts but we will have more coming in next month.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:50 PM
BigZ88

my personal opinion is it depends on the company who did the r&d in the begining. Sometimes they are arrogant enough to just charge out the *** for their products and continue to do so even after they have re-cooped all their cost from the research. I am a firm believer in bringing a quality part to the aftermarket for a reasonable price. Many of these products don't take that much thought nor effort to produce, and simply cost more money because of the name on them...and i'm sorry but this air duct is one of them. The "ram-air" concept is nothing new. Nor is using carbon fiber to achieve this... If you really think someone wouldnt have cut a whole in the stinkin bumper and put a duct there, you are crazy...i mean, with the inlet to the air box the way it is, it was just common sense to open up the bumper right in front of it. Rick, i will agree with you on any part that truly goes through serious r&d and comes from a company who backs their parts, and who charges a reasonable fee for them. And many times if someone does knock these off without some sort of R&D their quality will show over time and people will not buy their products. Personally, i have not purchased alot of parts for the Z because i know people over charge for them. It is a huge difference after coming from the honda-acura world.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:50 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
I don't think so... do you see any "thanks to" in my signature like you have?

BTW, I have Varis, NISMO, Power Enterprise, Veilside, etc, parts on my car - the difference is that I paid for them, cash, unlike some "part pimps".
Old 09-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

So Rick, you haven't sold car parts on the forums?
Yes, I have. Extra parts I had laying around which were a damn great price for fellow Z owners. I even gave some away to locals! (Whao i'm greedy here folks and make 100K a year selling junk out of my garage)

I'm not making a living or getting rich off the extras I sell, so I don't see what your point is. So what if I have a few extra parts laying around and I just so happened not to need them anymore because I never damaged that particular part?

The fact of the matter is replicas **** UP our aftermarket industry.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:55 PM
s2kphil

Sorry Buddy but you are a moron. The bottom line is that you dont know what you are talking about and that you are too much of a moron to figure out what it is that rick is saying.

Rick is not promoting a company with what he is saying. he only said that by buying knockoff parts you are supporting people who are stealing from the inventors of a product. the inventors are the people who have to pay all the costs to develope a product while those who produce the knockoffs just modify their products and produce them at a cheaper rate with inferior products such as thin fiberglass. these knock off producers also hurt the original producer by putting crappy parts out there that are similar enough to be mistaken for the real thing but may have fitment issure etc.

If you were not so thickheaded and read ricks posts you would have realized what he is tryin to say.

would you buy pirated movies etc. many people would but it doesnt make it right. Rick is just giving the guy good legit advice, he is in no way going to profit from this guys purchase of a quality air duct purchase. but i bet this guy would be more satisfied with it and it would benefit all of us by promoting the inovaters so that they can continue to inovate and make great parts for the real car enthusiast.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by BigZ88
my personal opinion is it depends on the company who did the r&d in the begining. Sometimes they are arrogant enough to just charge out the *** for their products and continue to do so even after they have re-cooped all their cost from the research. I am a firm believer in bringing a quality part to the aftermarket for a reasonable price. Many of these products don't take that much thought nor effort to produce, and simply cost more money because of the name on them...and i'm sorry but this air duct is one of them. The "ram-air" concept is nothing new. Nor is using carbon fiber to achieve this... If you really think someone wouldnt have cut a whole in the stinkin bumper and put a duct there, you are crazy...i mean, with the inlet to the air box the way it is, it was just common sense to open up the bumper right in front of it. Rick, i will agree with you on any part that truly goes through serious r&d and comes from a company who backs their parts, and who charges a reasonable fee for them. And many times if someone does knock these off without some sort of R&D their quality will show over time and people will not buy their products. Personally, i have not purchased alot of parts for the Z because i know people over charge for them. It is a huge difference after coming from the honda-acura world.
Now right here is a level headed and great post! Bigz88 I applaud your reasoning. You are very correct in some companies bending over people and I definitely would not want to pay up the nose for their parts either However, it still does not give a replica company the right to steal their idea. Just do not support the companies that you feel are raking people over the coals and those companies will eventually lower prices if they feel that it is necessary. Keep in mind that I am speaking in more general terms and not about just this air duct

Thanks for the great post and I wish there were more car enthusiasts like you.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 09-08-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:59 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by s2kphil
Sorry Buddy but you are a moron. The bottom line is that you dont know what you are talking about and that you are too much of a moron to figure out what it is that rick is saying.

Rick is not promoting a company with what he is saying. he only said that by buying knockoff parts you are supporting people who are stealing from the inventors of a product. the inventors are the people who have to pay all the costs to develope a product while those who produce the knockoffs just modify their products and produce them at a cheaper rate with inferior products such as thin fiberglass. these knock off producers also hurt the original producer by putting crappy parts out there that are similar enough to be mistaken for the real thing but may have fitment issure etc.

If you were not so thickheaded and read ricks posts you would have realized what he is tryin to say.

would you buy pirated movies etc. many people would but it doesnt make it right. Rick is just giving the guy good legit advice, he is in no way going to profit from this guys purchase of a quality air duct purchase. but i bet this guy would be more satisfied with it and it would benefit all of us by promoting the inovaters so that they can continue to inovate and make great parts for the real car enthusiast.
'

Thickheaded? Moron? Geez man get off Ricks dick.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

If it makes a difference, the Varis is dry carbon, I dont know what the replicas are.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:01 PM
s2kphil

'

Thickheaded? Moron? Geez man get off Ricks dick.

thanks. like i said your a moron. you still cannot grasp the point
Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM
gringott

Originally Posted by s2kphil

thanks. like i said your a moron. you still cannot grasp the point
Like most internet bullies, you throw the names out, but of course you can't back it up. Try saying the things you say without the teenage name calling and perhaps you may get your message across.

And I do understand what he is saying, but he seems to not want to recognize that he has a financial interest. Taking money from parts companies is a financial interest. Selling Hyper Voltage systems is not "cleaning out the garage". Selling body kits the same. A trader rating of 61 and he has no financial interest? He is just a "car lover". Right.

Last edited by gringott; 09-08-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Varis air duct