Sponsored by:

NEWBIE HELP!!! Can't make up my damn mind! INGS N-spec vs STROSEK

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 AM
whitebwoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWBIE HELP!!! Can't make up my damn mind! INGS N-spec vs STROSEK

Okay, here's my dilemna in short.

I love the STROSEK kit for the 350z. I also love the INGS N-spec kit, but have my reservations, cause I want the car to look very neat which is what I think the Strosek kit does. It's basically a stock body, but just some cool highlights.

My problem is I bought a 2006 BLACK 350z. I am just starting to think that black hides the car a lot. I see the black Strosek and it looks completely stock. So I look at the INGS kit and the black seems to 'calm' down the kit a little.

Am I being paranoid? Will the Strosek kit look just as good in black as it does on any other colour. Or does the black hide the highlights?
Or do I need to N-spec INGS kit to give the black 350z a little more 'substance'?

Just scared ****less of spending so much money on a kit, and then not being completely satisfied. There are only about 3 350Z's here in Jamaica, so i don't thiink I will be able to just sell it to someone else in a heartbeat.

Appreciate any and all opinions. No, I am not considering a wide body kit. Oh - and I bought some 19" VOLK SF-WINNING for the car already.

Last edited by whitebwoy; 09-12-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STROSEK at any time. You don't see that much of STROSEK around compare to INGS N-spec. In addition, STROSEK is authentic kit and it costs nearly 5 times more.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by Bubble
STROSEK at any time. You don't see that much of STROSEK around compare to INGS N-spec. In addition, STROSEK is authentic kit and it costs nearly 5 times more.
That's the thing though. There are no 350z down here. There's like literally 4 in total I think. And only one has on a body kit, which is only the Greddy side and Veilside V2 rear spoiler.

So, I won't have a problem of trying to look different. Anything like the 350z on these roads will be considerably different. lol.

I love how the Strosek is just enough, and not too much. It could be a 500whp bad a$$ car or just a very nice looking 350z. It's not like the N-spec to me which, if you don't have 400+ under the hood, then you're just trying to hard.

Then again, as I said, I think the black tends to 'calm' down the excitement of the kit a little.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:37 AM
whitebwoy

Keep in mind, I DO by all means intend on Boosting the car, but that won't be for another year.

I've never had a RWD car, so I want to drive the car and get used to it, before I do that. Plus with the expense of either of the kits (including import) I need to save up the funds.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

INGS N-spec is replica. As of right now, the fitment of it is BAD because the molding is old. Unless you are a friend of the bodyshop then buy INGS N-spec. Otherwise, expect to pay A LOT for the bodyshop to modify/fix the kit for you.

It's all come down to how much you're willing to spend.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:10 PM
whitebwoy

What you mean it's 'replica'.

I was going to buy it straight from INGS japan. The person importing the car for me, imports cars from Japan as well, so he has a rep over there that can go get the kit and put it in a container for me with his cars.

So, I presume, it would be perfect fitment seeing as how INGS seems to be a pretty reputable aftermarket body company. No???
Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
ObiRedKenobi

Couldn't find a black ings pic as quickly since I have to get back to work but my vote is for strosek anyway.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:54 PM
whitebwoy

Yeah, I have those pics. It looks awesome, I just can't make up my mind cause the INGS kit looks good too.

I guess I just to make up my mind whether I want a JDM look or a EURO look. I have a feeling I am going to get the Strosek, I've already gotten the pricing and shipping worked out. I just needed to hear some opinions.

The next question is, do I get it with the additional whole in the front skirt for the ram air? I will be driving N/A for a while. But then what do I do when I go boost (hopefully twin)? WOn't it look stupid having a hole there for nothing? Then I was wondering whether the Single turbo doesn't have the intake right there. hmmmm. I don't know.

OH - And one more final question!
YOu can get the Strosek back skirt with a bigger vent at the back, or a space for a european license plate.
I was wondering if I should do this...

or this...

And just put the license plate in the centre of the mesh. (I've seen a picture of this done before, but for the hell of me I can't find it.)
Old 09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
ActionJackson

You might as well save all that money you're gonna blow on the strosek kit and get something really useful & bling like the Amuse Dry Carbon doors for $8k which'll take off like 140 lbs of your car's weight
Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM
whitebwoy

Like what? The only thing I would use the money for is a turbo kit, but to be honest, the amount of cars I've destroyed I want to actually get to know this car before I start messing with it - ESPECIALLY with this kit on there.

I figure the boost can wait a year (or 6 months) lol!
Old 09-13-2006, 06:56 AM
Jun
350Z-holic

get the Strosek, you rarely see it here.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
MustGoFastR

Strosek all the way; very rare and looks HOT. Go all the way and get their new hatch too, and really change the look of the car.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:01 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by whitebwoy
What you mean it's 'replica'.
when you use the word "N-spec", it means replica. If you say Ings +1 then it is authentic. BTW, Just do it. Talk is cheap. lolz
Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM
whitebwoy

when you use the word "N-spec", it means replica. If you say Ings +1 then it is authentic. BTW, Just do it. Talk is cheap. lolz

Hate to put you in your place, but N-Spec is the different type of INGS kit. Just like how they have R-SPEC, D-SPEC and LX-SPORT.
INGS makes an N-Spec kit, and a LX-SPORT kit for the Z33. (The N-spec also has the Type E (long nose)).

I don't know where you get the idea that N-Spec is a name for a INGS+1 replica.

In any case, I've made up my mind. I have ordered the LX-SPORT kit,... Sorry I mean the INGS+1 kit,....ammm.... the LX-SPORT one. LOL.

Yeah, talk is cheap. I was just trying to feel out what other poeple thought. Beg your pardon for trying to get an opinion on a public forum.

Last edited by whitebwoy; 09-13-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:04 PM
MustGoFastR

Yeah, gotta agree with you there. Technically, they are marketed here as Ings +1 LX Sport (I.E. Ings half kit), Ings +1 N-Spec, and Ings +1 Stream Z (I.E. long nose).

I've typically seen "N-1", "N-type", and even "N-spec" used referring to Nismo replica parts, but Companies like Ings and C-West (they have an N1 kit) use the terms for their authentic products, so it can be a bit confusing.

Congrats on the purchase. The Ings kit is the safe bet and given you have black, you might not get your money'd worth out of the Strosek, plus given your location, but you'd sure pull the @ss with the Euro-kit here as it is very rare in the states, and the Ings is alot more common. Be sure to post up pics when you get it all done.

Edit*: Oh, and to correct you above, the Strosek rear is not a skirt; it os a full bumper replacement. The Ings is an add-on skirt.

Last edited by MustGoFastR; 09-13-2006 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

:
In any case, I've made up my mind. I have ordered the LX-SPORT kit,... Sorry I mean the INGS+1 kit,....ammm.... the LX-SPORT one. LOL.

that good. Take picture when you have the kit on. I've seen few members keep talking about this and that kit and not even do anything about it. Hope this time is not the same.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Hate to put you in your place, but N-Spec is the different type of INGS kit. Just like how they have R-SPEC, D-SPEC and LX-SPORT.
INGS makes an N-Spec kit, and a LX-SPORT kit for the Z33. (The N-spec also has the Type E (long nose)).

I don't know where you get the idea that N-Spec is a name for a INGS+1 replica.

Yeah, talk is cheap. I was just trying to feel out what other poeple thought. Beg your pardon for trying to get an opinion on a public forum.
hehehe Owned

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=1035
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by MethodRN
i don't consider it owned since you see LOTS of N-spec (replica) buy/sell lately in this forum.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:16 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Hope you didn't get offended. It's just you made it seem like by saying "INGS N-SPEC" automatically meant replica when it doesn't. Agreed though there are alot of "Ings N-spec replica" being sold.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Hope you didn't get offended. It's just you made it seem like by saying "INGS N-SPEC" automatically meant replica when it doesn't. Agreed though there are alot of "Ings N-spec replica" being sold.
not offended at all. it's all good.

Quick Reply: NEWBIE HELP!!! Can't make up my damn mind! INGS N-spec vs STROSEK