Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEWBIE HELP!!! Can't make up my damn mind! INGS N-spec vs STROSEK

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
whitebwoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Edit*: Oh, and to correct you above, the Strosek rear is not a skirt; it os a full bumper replacement. The Ings is an add-on skirt.
If you want to get technical, the Strosek back 'bumper' is called the skirt, so is the front 'bumper' for that matter.
I used that term because I saw it on the price list. I don't usually call it a skirt. But techically - the skirt is what we all are reffering to as a bumper - WHEN the 'bumper' is actually the metal underneath the 'skirt' that protects you when you get into an accident.

BY the way, not trying to own anyone here. AND I am not some obsessive person. I just wanted to clarify that. LOL.

Originally Posted by Bubble
that good. Take picture when you have the kit on. I've seen few members keep talking about this and that kit and not even do anything about it. Hope this time is not the same.
Completely understood!
I know there are a lot of window shoppers out there.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM
TSG-Z

I say the Strosek, good luck!

TSG
Old 09-14-2006, 10:54 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whitebwoy
If you want to get technical, the Strosek back 'bumper' is called the skirt, so is the front 'bumper' for that matter.
I used that term because I saw it on the price list. I don't usually call it a skirt. But techically - the skirt is what we all are reffering to as a bumper - WHEN the 'bumper' is actually the metal underneath the 'skirt' that protects you when you get into an accident.

BY the way, not trying to own anyone here. AND I am not some obsessive person. I just wanted to clarify that. LOL.

Yes, that is technically correct. Here, what you and the website are calling skirts are referred to as bumper covers; as long as we're talking about the same thing... Semantics asside, my point was that the Strosek rear (and front) is a full replacement skirt (bumper cover), whereas the Ings is an add-on skirt or rear lip that attaches to the stock skirt (bumper cover) with screws and tape; it adds more weight and has a less clean look than a full replacement. At any rate, if we were just crossing terms, I'm sure you already knew this...

Last edited by MustGoFastR; 09-14-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:08 PM
whitebwoy

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Yes, that is technically correct. Here, what you and the website are calling skirts are referred to as bumper covers; as long as we're talking about the same thing... Semantics asside, my point was that the Strosek rear (and front) is a full replacement skirt (bumper cover), whereas the Ings is an add-on skirt or rear lip that attaches to the stock skirt (bumper cover) with screws and tape; it adds more weight and has a less clean look than a full replacement. At any rate, if we were just crossing terms, I'm sure you already knew this...
Yeah man, gotcha!