Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 982 Likes on 745 Posts

veilside is ugly, that kit is rice. not flaming u, those are just ugly kits.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Celestial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
veilside is ugly, that kit is rice. not flaming u, those are just ugly kits.
Ok. What about Weber Sports? The reason I like Weber Sports is for the looks, I don't like the back bumper that Do Luck makes. I'm looking for wholeness, something that'll fill up the back, not leave a big *** hole there. Help me out folks, kind of stuck here between these decisions. Plus I don't want to spend 3,000 on a freakin' body kit which is what they want for veilside Version III.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Here's a question for you. What type of car are you trying to build? If it's a show car then a Veilside kit or Weber kit will get you ALOT of attention because they are on the wild side. As for the Do-Luck, I think that is one of the cleanest kits out there that adds just enough flare without being "rice". I personally lean more towards function over form and there look more at kits that I've seen on the race track. Like Ings, C-West, Top Secret are just some examples. However if you are building a car w/ everyday driving in mind you might wanna look into lip kits. If you are getting flamed on it's cause of the style of kit you first posted. Most of the people here don't like that wild Fast and Furious look.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

BTW check out Bubble's index of Z body kits.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 09-27-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:49 PM
josephchihweilu

Originally Posted by Celestial
Sorry, not a ricer.

Joseph, what's wrong with that kit? And why would you pick Do Luck over Veilside? I'm just curious, I'm not trying to start a war or a big argument between what's better and who like what mosts, I just want to find out if there's anything wrong with the kits and why do you guys think this one is that hideous? Obviously I don't have access to the front of this so I don't really know. I just like the back facia.

There's nothing wrong with the kit, but the overall census here is that it's not that good looking. But like everyone says, to each his own. I would definitely pick do-luck over veilside because it looks better and less people have it.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Celestial

Ok guys, I won't be driving this car every day. I'm looking for show and go in the same time. I want something that stands out like the weber kit but something functional in the same time when I'm racing. I do plan on doing a lot of mod work to the engine and the drive train hence I need something functional so when I hit a pot hole my ground effects are not gonna snap off. I'm gonna drive it periodically, maybe 2 or 3 times a week so it's definitely not for daily driving. I'm way too obsessed with the Z and would never leave it unattanded alone in a parking lot especially after reading all the horror stories with folks getting their Z's egged and so on.

The car is pretty much gonna be my toy so I'm looking for class, style, sound and speed and I believe that the Z can get me there with all 3. I don't care about who has what, where I live there isn't that many Z's to start with so every time you see one, wether modded or not, the heads turn anyway. I want the weber kit but I don't know what suspension to get in order for this thing to not pop when I hit a pot hole while racing, I know I'll have to get something that I can control from within the car. I've been into light modding for years now and did a bunch of work on my old car when it comes to cosmetics such as lights, sound and so on but never dealt with suspension. I've read that bags are not reliable, and neither are hydros, so I don't know what else to look for.

Already checked out Bubbles collection of body kits, more than once, I think I've been at that section looking at different styles about 5 times today alone, so I've been all over the web searching for the kits.

What do you guys think as far as suspension is concerned? If I was to get weber kit;
#1 should I go CF (Carbon Fiber) and is it really going to make that much difference in speed/weight gain?
#2 what would you recommend I can use for suspension in order to control the height from inside the car and still have a good, hard, racing suspension that wouldn't feel like driving on clouds?

Thanks ahead for your input.

Chris
Old 09-26-2006, 08:57 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

What do you guys think as far as suspension is concerned? If I was to get weber kit;
#1 should I go CF (Carbon Fiber) and is it really going to make that much difference in speed/weight gain?
#2 what would you recommend I can use for suspension in order to control the height from inside the car and still have a good, hard, racing suspension that wouldn't feel like driving on clouds?
Not sure what your budget is but if money is not a factor, here are my suggestions...

#1 If you are going for "show" you definitely need to go with the CF. Unless it's "dry carbon" you won't be saving much weight anyway.

#2 If you want to adjust it from the inside, perhaps you may want to look into the latest air ride suspension products. Here are a couple of links to get you started. One of which is used by Top Secret called Roberuta Cup Kits which can be found in high-end cars like Ferraris in Japan. Definitely not cheap though but it's probably what you are looking for...which is ride adjustability from "inside" the car.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....air+suspension

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/roberuta.shtml

I don't know anyone that has these yet (perhaps due to the price) so I'm pretty sure there will be very little first-hand feedback on these.

BTW...if I were to pick out any kit on the market right now, hands down would be the Top Secret Widebody:

More pics: http://www.topsecretjpn.com/z33wide.shtml

Here's a member's ride with this kit to give you something else besides the sponsored car...

Then again...what it all boils down to is personal taste & what YOU want for your ride. GL!

Last edited by GTNPU Z; 09-26-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Celestial

Thanks GTNPU.
I've read that entire thread on airbags so it looks like I'll be getting those.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:00 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Not sure what your budget is but if money is not a factor, here are my suggestions...

#1 If you are going for "show" you definitely need to go with the CF. Unless it's "dry carbon" you won't be saving much weight anyway.

#2 If you want to adjust it from the inside, perhaps you may want to look into the latest air ride suspension products. Here are a couple of links to get you started. One of which is used by Top Secret called Roberuta Cup Kits which can be found in high-end cars like Ferraris in Japan. Definitely not cheap though but it's probably what you are looking for...which is ride adjustability from "inside" the car.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....air+suspension

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/roberuta.shtml

I don't know anyone that has these yet (perhaps due to the price) so I'm pretty sure there will be very little first-hand feedback on these.

BTW...if I were to pick out any kit on the market right now, hands down would be the Top Secret Widebody:

More pics: http://www.topsecretjpn.com/z33wide.shtml

Here's a member's ride with this kit to give you something else besides the sponsored car...

Then again...what it all boils down to is personal taste & what YOU want for your ride. GL!
that bodykit is so sex.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Celestial

Originally Posted by abyss
that bodykit is so sex.
True. How much is it?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Ok guys, I won't be driving this car every day. I'm looking for show and go in the same time. I want something that stands out like the weber kit but something functional in the same time when I'm racing. I do plan on doing a lot of mod work to the engine and the drive train hence I need something functional so when I hit a pot hole my ground effects are not gonna snap off. I'm gonna drive it periodically, maybe 2 or 3 times a week so it's definitely not for daily driving. I'm way too obsessed with the Z and would never leave it unattanded alone in a parking lot especially after reading all the horror stories with folks getting their Z's egged and so on.

The car is pretty much gonna be my toy so I'm looking for class, style, sound and speed and I believe that the Z can get me there with all 3. I don't care about who has what, where I live there isn't that many Z's to start with so every time you see one, wether modded or not, the heads turn anyway. I want the weber kit but I don't know what suspension to get in order for this thing to not pop when I hit a pot hole while racing, I know I'll have to get something that I can control from within the car. I've been into light modding for years now and did a bunch of work on my old car when it comes to cosmetics such as lights, sound and so on but never dealt with suspension. I've read that bags are not reliable, and neither are hydros, so I don't know what else to look for.

Already checked out Bubbles collection of body kits, more than once, I think I've been at that section looking at different styles about 5 times today alone, so I've been all over the web searching for the kits.

Thanks ahead for your input.

Chris
Lots of contradictory things in your plan but to each his own. +1 on the Roberuta Kit. Hydraulics and Airbags are not meant to be on race cars. Think most people here have learned to live w/ lowered cars and "ground effects". You're best bet and most affordable is a coilover kit w/ ride height adjustment. Lower the car enough w/ body kit, and that should give you the look you want pretty sure that's what alot of people on this forum do.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

True. How much is it?
Check out Bulletproof Automotive. Also be aware that you are gonna need to go w/ wheels w/ custom offset that will bring the wheels close to the new wider fenders when thinking about cost. Pretty sure there is added cost in having to relocate fuel refill piping.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
B-Unit

6 grand for TS widebody. GL nubs. lahahahahahha
Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Celestial

Originally Posted by B-Unit
6 grand for TS widebody. GL nubs. lahahahahahha
6 grand for a wide body kit? Screw that, I'll stick to Weber Sports, don't know the price yet but can't imagine it would be that much.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:26 PM
stan

erebuni shark body kit is siiiiick. TayTaythatsme04 on here has it on her car. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=taytay+kit
Old 09-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Celestial

Originally Posted by stan
erebuni shark body kit is siiiiick. TayTaythatsme04 on here has it on her car. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=taytay+kit
I found my new love.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:38 PM
VenomZ

if you are looking at widebodies. you can get the venom wb kit for less than half the cost of a TS.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM
B-Unit

Yes! and less than half the appeal!

-B-

Originally Posted by lemans350zed
if you are looking at widebodies. you can get the venom wb kit for less than half the cost of a TS.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
VenomZ

Originally Posted by B-Unit
Yes! and less than half the appeal!

-B-
in your humble opinion..

Quick Reply: Body Kit