Sponsored by:

Nismo Spoiler & Nismo CAI

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:55 PM
mariner2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Spoiler & Nismo CAI

hello everyone,

recently got my 350Z and so I am just starting to learn about do's and dont's for aftermarket parts.... I have 3 questions:

1) I know there's a different front bumper for the 06 which does not allow most front lips to be put on it.... but is there a difference at all with the 2006 rear hatch for the coupe model compared to other years? I am planning on putting a nismo rear spoiler on it but noticed that a lot of companies selling aftermarket parts for the 350Z on the internet only mention that it's for the years 2003-2005... have they just not taken the time to update their website or is there a difference in the curvature or shape of the rear hatch surface?

2) Still undecided if i should go with a genuine Nismo spoiler or a "Nismo look-a-like" rear spoiler.... they are both made from fibre glass and look very similar... Anyone have any bad experiences with the fit or alignment on a Nismo look-a-like? Any benefits of getting one type over the other?

3) Planning on getting a Cold Air Intake as well... Are they relatively easy to install? Can you mess up on anything? Also, is there really a difference in one brand of CAI over another? Will the sound of the engine sound differently? I've been told by a friend that he messed around with his intake and it resulted in his exhaust sounding differently than it did before... what brand is the best for a CAI system?

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Nismo/AEM intake is easy to install
I can do it in 15 minutes or less... and with enough practice of taking it on and off you can too ^^
Old 10-08-2006, 01:28 PM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hatch of the 06 should be identical to all other year 350z's, so putting on a Nismo spoiler shouldn't be a problem.

As far as authentic vs. replica, I'm sure there are plenty of replica's out there that have great fitment and quality, but you just have to look for those to make sure your getting a quality one. Obviously authentic will be your best bet.

As far as CAI goes, each one is different, will get different power gains, and will give a noticably different sound. There are some that would argue that no CAI really gives any substantial gains over the stock airbox, so look carefully into this decision.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:29 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Main diff between authentic USDM and most replica Nismo spoilers is that the replicas are JDM style. The US wing ends are a little different and sit above the hatch a bit, whereas the JDM style's tips are designed to actually touch and rest on the hatch, which looks much better, IMO. Performance Nissan carries a nice JDM replica.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Jes-Z

Go with a replica wing. I've had one since I first go my car, to this day I still get compliments. As far as exhausts go, pick the best sounding one. The gains are all about the same give or take a couple of horsepower. I have a Nismo and it excentuates the tone of the VQ. Intakes, are personal preference. I have a Nismo cuz It has a water bypass filter incase I hit a puddle, but I'm gonna switch to a popcharger. Good luck and welcome to the site. The Search engine is good too.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Yea as far as genuine vs replica as long as you buy it from a reputable company or one of the well known sponsors here you will be fine. Like someone else said the replica's look better imo.

Also if you are looking to do CF replica is the only way to go.

Welcome and enjoy modding.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
mariner2004

thanks everyone.... a few people mentioned they like the looks of a JDM nismo style over the nismo spoiler... besides the looks, do JDM style spoilers have good fit and alignment on the back of the coupe's hatch?

Also, does anyone have a side by side picture comparison of both from behind and from the side views?

also what is a good price for a JDM or Nismo spoiler?
Old 10-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Fitment from what I've heard is good. At least with the good replica companies. I'll be able to tell you in a few days when I get my evo-r cf one installed.

The nismo one is around 370 I believe. Depending on who you go with replicas could probably run you anywhere from 200-maybe more than the authentic if you go the CF route.