Sponsored by:

Buyers beware of Carbonlimited.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
That really has nothing to do with the statement you quoted.

I think the problem here is not neccessarily Jim's fault; he obviously does not have ill intentions. The problem is an unfortunate side effect of how a business like his works, as opposed to a vendor that has the parts physically in hand and ships directly from their facility (thus receiving tracking numbers instantly). The problem is further down the line from Jim, which sucks, b/c it is frustrating for everyone. If he confirms the hood HAS shipped, then it will reach it's destination no later than Thursday, regardless of carrier. That would mean it shipped Friday. Fact still remains that it should have shipped out much earlier, so someone deffinitely dropped the ball.
See thats the misconception. I do have 60-70% of the parts in stock. If I dont have them in stock at MY warehouse in Minnesota I then get them drop shipped by other distributors. Just like how I have arranged pick-ups in Socal through another distributor/friend.

I've done alot for this site and its members (especially DavidF). Its almost like a slap in the face when people start these threads. I told them the hood has been shipped, and he has absolutly no reason to doubt otherwise. If I recall it took 2 weeks for his last hood to arrive in Texas.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 10-31-2006 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:33 AM
davidf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No no Jim I never ever asked you to hold anything for me ,why on earth would I expect you to hold something, I simply said when you get in an unsold hood pm me and I'll buy it. YOU contacted me and said you had one IN STOCK which to anyones understanding IN STOCK means in your possesion I'm I correct on this. So when and if the hood gets here it will have originated from your shop not another vendor such as Showtime in Cali. You just said the hood shipped out LAST WEEK,WTF, I paypaled you $675.00 on the 12th and you told me the hood would ship friday the 13th. Why was it shipped last week when you've told me all along the hood has been in transit, now you've been lying to me, buying time. I myself have shipped items to people and yes I was issued a tracking no. at the time of the transaction, this is how shippers do business. I've ordered other items from vendors in Cali. since my order from you and have recieved them since, but come on 19 days and you told me it was IN STOCK. I just can't get over it being shipped last week, I will post the actual vendor the hood came from and I'll bet it's not from Carbonlimited.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 AM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
See thats the misconception. I do have 60-70% of the parts in stock. If I dont have them in stock at MY warehouse in Minnesota I then get them drop shipped by other distributors. Just like how I have arranged pick-ups in Socal through another distributor/friend.

My mistake, however, David's hood was obviously one of the items drop-shipped, which takes that part of the process out of your hands. Switching to a more reliable carrier and 2-day shipping is a good move, but on drop-shipped items, there is still the issue of getting the item sent out in a timely manor, which you can't really control. Granted, sometimes, it's unavoidable.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by davidf
No no Jim I never ever asked you to hold anything for me ,why on earth would I expect you to hold something, I simply said when you get in an unsold hood pm me and I'll buy it. YOU contacted me and said you had one IN STOCK which to anyones understanding IN STOCK means in your possesion I'm I correct on this. So when and if the hood gets here it will have originated from your shop not another vendor such as Showtime in Cali. You just said the hood shipped out LAST WEEK,WTF, I paypaled you $675.00 on the 12th and you told me the hood would ship friday the 13th. Why was it shipped last week when you've told me all along the hood has been in transit, now you've been lying to me, buying time. I myself have shipped items to people and yes I was issued a tracking no. at the time of the transaction, this is how shippers do business. I've ordered other items from vendors in Cali. since my order from you and have recieved them since, but come on 19 days and you told me it was IN STOCK. I just can't get over it being shipped last week, I will post the actual vendor the hood came from and I'll bet it's not from Carbonlimited.
Your trying to tell me for over a month you didn't PM me/e-mail me over 6 times asking if I had a VT hood for you yet? I went out of my way to FIND a hood for you, being a repeat customer, and since you expressed great interest. Your hood was picked up on the 18th of October 4 days after you made purchase. If I dont have the item at my shop, then yes it gets drop shipped from another distributor. Your acting like this is something out of the ordinary. Many many shops do this. Would you rather them send it to me, then I turn around and send it to you so it takes 4 weeks instead of 2?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:39 AM
davidf

But it should'nt be dropped shipped in this case because he said he had it in stock. I'm just so frusterated now because some of his statements to me have not seemed to be true. It shipped the 13th, now it shipped last week, I really don't know if theres a hood in transit at all at this point.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
My mistake, however, David's hood was obviously one of the items drop-shipped, which takes that part of the process out of your hands. Switching to a more reliable carrier and 2-day shipping is a good move, but on drop-shipped items, there is still the issue of getting the item sent out in a timely manor, which you can't really control. Granted, sometimes, it's unavoidable.
Very very true. The shop in question is not open yet, but I will point them in the direction of this thread and see if they would like to respond. Myself and the other distributor I work with are BOTH switching to the 2 day air method as he too is having problems with DHL and Central Transport.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
davidf

My point from the very beginning is Do Not tell someone an item is in stock when it is in fact not in your stock.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

But it should'nt be dropped shipped in this case because he said he had it in stock. I'm just so frusterated now because some of his statements to me have not seemed to be true. It shipped the 13th, now it shipped last week, I really don't know if theres a hood in transit at all at this point.
Right, David honestly do you have ANY reason other that being impatient to think your hood ISN'T in transit? How long did it take for your last hood to arrive? 2 weeks. I can understand that your itching to get your new hood, I would be the same. But to make a thread saying im scamming people and calling me out like this doesn't help the situation. This will be your third purchase from me. I thought we had built a pretty good customer/business relationship. I apologize for the delay in receiving your hood. I apologize if you feel me drop shipping an item is unethical. The fact of the matter is that your hood is on the way and should be arriving any day now. I will continue to hound DHL for any information about your package.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

My point from the very beginning is Do Not tell someone an item is in stock when it is in fact not in your stock.
It was in stock. What you consider in stock and I consider "in stock" are two different things. 90% of Seibon distributors get there parts directly drop shipped from Seibon to the customer. They receive about 6 containers a month from China. When 350z parts come in I have the shop in question run over to Seibon and grab basically everything he possibly can since hes within an hour or so from Seibon. He will then ships me the items and ships out items that have been on back order. When I talked to him 3-4 weeks ago and he mentioned that he had a VT hood in stock, I told him to hold it for me and immediatly sent you a PM. I thought it would save time to just have him drop ship the item from his shop in california, rather then having him send it to me, then me send it to you.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:54 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Man I have nothing but good things to say about Jim. I got my CF TT lip ( which is getting installed right now Jim ) like 5 days after I ordered it. He was very easy to deal with. I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned in this thread.

-Derek
Old 10-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
Man I have nothing but good things to say about Jim. I got my CF TT lip ( which is getting installed right now Jim ) like 5 days after I ordered it. He was very easy to deal with. I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned in this thread.

-Derek
Thanks Derek, be sure to forward along those pictures.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 AM
davidf

Well thats what you should have said from the get go because when a vendor, any vendor tells me it's in stock and it will be shipped the following day I assume this is what will happen, but you've led me to believe it's been in transit all this time and now suddenly it was shipped the 18th. And as you will read from my 1st post I'm not one to flame and it was very hard to work up to posting this, but 19 days with no tracking no. warrants some kind of action don't you agree.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:58 AM
MustGoFastR

I'm having a hard time understanding why it would take two weeks transit time in shipping.... Guess that's another issue with the carrier. Going to 2-day shipping on these items is a smart move if only b/c less time in transit = less risk of damage. I know david's last CF hood (don't recall where he got it) arrived with some damage.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:03 AM
davidf

Yes it did but I was kind enough not to mention that.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:04 AM
jadaniya
Banned

davidf, I understand your frustrations and creation of this thread. Just thought I'd say that if you didn't have 2,000+ posts you'd be getting flamed on right now, just like that other guy who complained about carbon ltd. Thats what makes this site so BS sometimes. Two guys with similar arguments and the guy w/ less posts gets random hate thrown at him. I support what you're doing because since you have a high post number you don't get the random @-holes attacking you. And the consumer's voice needs to be heard!
Old 10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
jadaniya
Banned

just curious - what kind of damages?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:10 AM
THE TECH

I'm still confused on all this. If he ordered on the 12th and it was supposed to ship on the 13th, there is no way that it would take this long to get. I haven't seen yet where this is explained by CarbonLTD.

What kind of carrier takes 2 weeks to deliver from west coast to east coast?? I am not buying blaming DHL. They, like UPS or Fedex, give you a tracking number either when you drop off the item or you use their online system. This nonsense of having to call DHL to get a tracking number doesn't fly.

I guess the statement of being "in stock" can be interpreted differently if it is not clarified.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:10 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

You NEVER brought this to my attention and to bring it up now is kind of a low blow.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:11 AM
davidf

Originally Posted by jadaniya
davidf, I understand your frustrations and creation of this thread. Just thought I'd say that if you didn't have 2,000+ posts you'd be getting flamed on right now, just like that other guy who complained about carbon ltd. Thats what makes this site so BS sometimes. Two guys with similar arguments and the guy w/ less posts gets random hate thrown at him. I support what you're doing because since you have a high post number you don't get the random @-holes attacking you. And the consumer's voice needs to be heard!
The reason for bringing up my post #'s is for all my posting none were used to flame or disrespect anyone on this board, I don't want people thinking I'm just trying to stir **** for no reason, it took a lot of courage to post a negative thread about someone.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by THE TECH
I'm still confused on all this. If he ordered on the 12th and it was supposed to ship on the 13th, there is no way that it would take this long to get. I haven't seen yet where this is explained by CarbonLTD.

What kind of carrier takes 2 weeks to deliver from west coast to east coast?? I am not buying blaming DHL. They, like UPS or Fedex, give you a tracking number either when you drop off the item or you use their online system. This nonsense of having to call DHL to get a tracking number doesn't fly.

I guess the statement of being "in stock" can be interpreted differently if it is not clarified.
Try shipping a hood from Cali to NY and tell me how long it takes. 7-12 business days is the general time for oversized feight items.

Quick Reply: Buyers beware of Carbonlimited.com