Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replica Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 09:17 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rocks
So shouldnt buy a replica shelby cobra even though its like 100 times better than an original and costs less? You have lost your mind. They make thier money back on like the first 5-10 kits they sell. I have seen kits go for 4000$...... I will be buying the replica nismo v2 bumper and wing soon.
If you really think it is that easy to make a quality item, I encourage you to try and make your own pieces and please share with us how it goes

What is the pride in having a replica Shelby? Get a grip!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Kits are overpriced. I understand R&D costs alot, especially for the quality kits out there, but the amount of markup is insane.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by x350Zx
Kits are overpriced. I understand R&D costs alot, especially for the quality kits out there, but the amount of markup is insane.
That's why we have free market economies. The market should dictate the price

Ok and I might agree with you that some master distributors may have "high margins" but they also should be compensated for their work and effort to bring these kits to the states. What about depreciation, insurance, warehousing? That all has to be factored into the price of evey item. At the end of the day, a 30% margin IS NOT really a 30% margin.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:47 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by x350Zx
I've also seen you around on the RX8 forums before. Don't you make replica body kits? So don't you essentially get a huge margin yourself? You are copying other peoples work and reselling for a hefty margin.

Last edited by UrbanTacticZ; 11-08-2006 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:25 AM
whtz05

I completely agree. About knock offs. I have the original Style king Kevlar. And now sibon is making the replica TT lip kit. I pay good money to be original and now it seams that any one can have the nock off for have the price. I feel the same way when it comes to replicas. We don’t own civic’s why treat our cars like they were one, with nock off parts. I definitely have pride in my car that it has original parts all around
Old 11-09-2006, 05:32 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
That's why we have free market economies. The market should dictate the price
That's also exactly why we have replicas.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taurran
X2
Old 11-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by whtz05
I completely agree. About knock offs. I have the original Style king Kevlar. And now sibon is making the replica TT lip kit. I pay good money to be original and now it seams that any one can have the nock off for have the price. I feel the same way when it comes to replicas. We don’t own civic’s why treat our cars like they were one, with nock off parts. I definitely have pride in my car that it has original parts all around

What do civic's have to do with Replicas? Your still going to be paying $1250 for a Seibon lip kit. I think the "honda" card has been played out.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:51 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use knock off parts i orderd come cheap *** headers, but they say megan racing on them, im sure they copied nismo or someone. I buy used parts too. I buy fake shoes too haha. Fake name brand shoes! Thats because i live close to mexico.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
What do civic's have to do with Replicas? Your still going to be paying $1250 for a Seibon lip kit. I think the "honda" card has been played out.
To be blunt: Buying replicas is ricer mentality. I agree with that and so do many others. If you cannot afford to buy the real deal, step down from the 350z/G35 scene, and make a less expensive car badass with real parts.

This is why riceboys love their Rotas

IMHO, if you can't afford to buy the real deal, keep the car stock. If you support replicas, you are not a true enthusiast.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by rocks
I use knock off parts i orderd come cheap *** headers, but they say megan racing on them, im sure they copied nismo or someone. I buy used parts too. I buy fake shoes too haha. Fake name brand shoes! Thats because i live close to mexico.
Ok
Old 11-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Correction: I sell the kits, I don't make them.

-Drew

Originally Posted by UrbanTacticZ
I've also seen you around on the RX8 forums before. Don't you make replica body kits? So don't you essentially get a huge margin yourself? You are copying other peoples work and reselling for a hefty margin.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:45 AM
___DJK___

+ ∞

/end thread
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
UrbanTacticZ

Do you think its ethically acceptable for someone to steal someone’s work and resell it?

I bet you that you are letting your wallet compromise your ethics and morals and I bet you that 99% of the people on here who "think" replicas is ok are compromising their morals as well.

What would you do if I came to your house, and steal your car? You would be pissed wouldn't you? What if you made a product for the Z and someone came along a few months later and copied it and resold it as "Taurran Style?"

Come on, think!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

wow..
Old 11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
litlechina

i think repluicas are legit...because the offer them at much less of a price...some do want the genuine stuff and are paying for that with the price...i think its all up to the buyer
Old 11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
TSG-Z

Its funny that we talk about performance, but the Rota's are just as lite and as strong as the Mugen's or Works. If a replica kit uses quality fiberglass or c/f, how is it subpar in function to the "real" thing! I'm all for the real deal I would never wear a fake pair of Jordans and I think my car doesnt deserve any less, but maybe the manufactors should take a look at their prices! I think they have created the demand for replicas themselves!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 PM
noodleman

it's not just about the performance of the product...a fake pair of jordans and "perform" just as well as the real one. it's funny you mention prices...seeing how a real pair of jordons can go for $200 when it only "cost" them pennies to make in sweatshops. How can you justify paying for a pair of jordons and at the same time rip on prices on real parts for the Z? Modding cars isn't exactly a cheap hobby to have...
Old 11-09-2006, 02:39 PM
UrbanTacticZ

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Its funny that we talk about performance, but the Rota's are just as lite and as strong as the Mugen's or Works.
What are you smoking? Seriously though, it must be some crazy stuff
Old 11-09-2006, 02:41 PM
UrbanTacticZ

If people think its too expensive to modify cars, then they shouldn't! I am sure people have a ton of better things to invest in such as the stock markets, a house, etc. Atleast these investments will yield a positive cash flow in comparision to the average tuner who usually loses money on their cars due to general depreciation combined with wear and tear. If you have extra cash to spend and you enjoy cars, then do it right the first time and be done with it.

No one is making anyone work on their cars. You buy an expensive car and you should expect expensive modding. If you are cheap, buy a Honda and mod that. Honda+authentic parts = badass build and cheaper than a Z.

I don't understand how someone can call themselves an automotive enthusiast and buy replica parts for their cars--it's an oxymoron

Last edited by UrbanTacticZ; 11-09-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Replica Parts?