Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about tint..please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:28 AM
litlechina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about tint..please help

hey guys, i got my windows tinted a week or so ago and today i rolled down my windows....when i rolled them back up i noticed some hair line scratches at the very bottom of the tint...pretty sure they werent there before....the thing is, is that they are going horizontal and not vertical...just wondering what can cause this inside the door....want to try to fix it before it gets any worse.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
ANXIOUZ

Are they actual scratches or are they just the tint being squished? Are the lines in the window or protruding out?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Luscious Luke

It could be dirt that settled itself on the felt part of your inside window seal that may have scratched the clear coating on the film. I tint windows here in California and we always make it a point to take a stiff brush to the felt seal before we put the panels back on the door to prevent small scratches when reassembling.

Also, just give it a week or so. Untill the moisture under the film actually dries, you will see a whole bunch of weird crap under there. If they are scratches in the clear coat of the film, then you are outta luck. You will have to have them redone if they end up bothering you.

I know it would bother me, but then again, Im a perfectionist when it comes to tint. Has to be perfect.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Driven1
Professional

If they're horizontal and not vertical they are most likely from the intallation (i.e. dirty squeegie or old card) It happens. If I tinted it, and you brought it back to me, I would replace it under waranty no questions asked. But thats just our policy. We like our customers happy, and if perfection is what they are looking for, we can't ask them to accept anything less.

If I was you, Id take it back to them and ask them about it immediately. Even if it isn't completely dry yet. They should be able to tell you right away what it is and maybe fix it right then. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Luscious Luke

Originally Posted by Driven1
If they're horizontal and not vertical they are most likely from the intallation (i.e. dirty squeegie or old card) It happens. If I tinted it, and you brought it back to me, I would replace it under waranty no questions asked. But thats just our policy. We like our customers happy, and if perfection is what they are looking for, we can't ask them to accept anything less.

If I was you, Id take it back to them and ask them about it immediately. Even if it isn't completely dry yet. They should be able to tell you right away what it is and maybe fix it right then. Good luck.
I agree, if they are in the business of customer satisfaction, they should be able to redo it for you. I know my shop would. Its a cheap fix to make a customer happy, and Z's are just so dang easy to tint anyways. No door frames makes it easy. I love tinting Z's.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:54 PM
litlechina

alright...thanks guys...so there is nothing inside the door that could cause the horizontal scratches? I may take it back if the door itself couldnt do anything like that.