Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Car with Swirls

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:43 AM
macehowling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New Car with Swirls

Does anyone know if the dealership is suppose to take care of swirl marks that are on new cars they sell?

The reason I was asking is that I noticed some swirl marks on my new car that I bought last week and was wondering if the dealership is responsible for taking care of those. That is why I was considering the xzilon stuff they were trying to sell me, because they said it would take care of those swirl marks. But now I am wondering if they are required to fix it for me at no charge anyway or do I just need to take my brand new car to a detailer and let them give it a once through and then just keep up with the exterior maintenance on my own?
Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
MasterRacer

ummmm have the car taken back to the dealer and have them
detail your car for free, speak with the service manager. I bought my
car on a rainy RAINY day and didnt notice 5 bad dings all over the car since it was black. I did take it back to them and raised hell a week later, they
fixed them all at no charge.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Built2shredZ

Doesn't take much to get swirl marks on the car, they probably washed them after they took them off the truck which caused the swirl marks.. I doubt they will detail your car for free, that is something you need to negotiate with them before you buy the car

You must of gotten black Z, If you have some spare time just wash it yourself and put a layer of wax on it, should remove the swirl marks..
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't hurt to go to the dealer and request that they fix it. The last thing they're going to want it an unhappy customer, when the fix wouldn't be too bad for them to take care of.
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You looked at the car before you bought it? Then it is yours as is. For detailing recommendations see the detailing forum
stein

I use mothers ( PRE-WAX CLEANER / SEALER AND GLAZE / PURE CARNAUBA WAX) and it took the swirls out without problem. I've got a DB and get question / complements all the time about how I got the swirls out.

I know there are other/better products, this just worked for me and it didn't cost me a days wage.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 AM
macehowling

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
Doesn't take much to get swirl marks on the car, they probably washed them after they took them off the truck which caused the swirl marks.. I doubt they will detail your car for free, that is something you need to negotiate with them before you buy the car

You must of gotten black Z, If you have some spare time just wash it yourself and put a layer of wax on it, should remove the swirl marks..
Just got off the phone with the sales guy and he said just bring in the car and they will take a look at it, since the regular car prep guy wasnt working on the evening I picked up my car.

Nah, I didnt get a black Z its actually Red.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:21 AM
trashcan

Originally Posted by davidv
You looked at the car before you bought it? Then it is yours as is. For detailing recommendations see the detailing forum
need a hug?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:43 AM
ericjackson

do not take the damn thing to the dealer who marred up your paint. do you not think it will happen again? take your car to a reputable detailer and get it done right. dealers are the WORST car washers.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:48 AM
clark_carty

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Four Words: Meguiars Dual Action Polisher.

Use #80 or 83 and the swirls will be gone. If the dealer takes a buffer to it, it will only make it worse.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ghlight=pounds
Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by davidv
Go David!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:24 PM
mikead_99

Originally Posted by ericjackson
do not take the damn thing to the dealer who marred up your paint. do you not think it will happen again? take your car to a reputable detailer and get it done right. dealers are the WORST car washers.
+1. I had a mess on my car when I got it. They took it back to "take care of it with their best detail guy". All he did was fill the swirls with glaze and make a bunch of new ones while prepping for the cover up. I actually got a nice check from them (roughly the difference between and excellent vs good resale blue book) after I showed them what a 50/50 isopropyl/water mix uncovered and went a little postal on them. Used some of it to buy a PC and Menzerna. It looks great now, and I don't have to worry about swirls resurfacing as the sealant settles or wears off.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by mikead_99
+1. I had a mess on my car when I got it. They took it back to "take care of it with their best detail guy". All he did was fill the swirls with glaze and make a bunch of new ones while prepping for the cover up. I actually got a nice check from them (roughly the difference between and excellent vs good resale blue book) after I showed them what a 50/50 isopropyl/water mix uncovered and went a little postal on them. Used some of it to buy a PC and Menzerna. It looks great now, and I don't have to worry about swirls resurfacing as the sealant settles or wears off.
+100000000 I would NEVER let a dealership touch my car. Most of the time they're kids who really don't have any idea as to what they're doing other than washing, and even that is quite questionable IMO. Its the same reason I ask that NOONE touches the car (especially fill the tank with gas) before I recieve it. If you have ever had an experience working at a dealership or know someone who has, they will tell you. You have no clue as to how they treated the vehicle, especially if they had to drive it somewhere. Most don't give two craps about the car because it isn't theirs and beat on it for fun.

And please don't waste your money on their "paint protection" program. the stuff they typically use is pretty good and comes in a pre packaged kit, but you can buy it elsewhere for pennies on the dollar to their price, and can get much better stuff for much less.

Go see a reputable detailer in your area and try to get the dealer to pay for it.

Last edited by Driven1; 11-29-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:02 PM
mikead_99

lol, that was another thing they pissed me off with. I got my car delivered with a free tank of gas.......but it was regular not high octane.