Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks MY350Z.com!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:23 AM
stepuckey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks MY350Z.com!

Hey, just real frustrated right now, but wanted to thank the My350z community for all the informative posts, some of which helped me out today. Just the typical story of receiving shipment of a seibon carbon fiber hood and having the thing all jacked to hell! I've seen enough threads on the mess you go through and whether to refuse shipment or not, and so I'm glad I checked it! Not only was the clear spidered and cracked in about 17 different places, but even the fiberglass support on the underside of the hood was all cracked and falling apart. I wanted to take it anyway sooo bad just to stare at it in my room, (cause I've wanted it for so long,) but did refuse shipment and now it's going to take probably another month easy to get a new one.

Lengthy post, but glad I had some sense about me because of other fellow Z owners. Thanks guys and good luck to everyone else about to receive body parts this holiday! <--- (ok, you know what I mean. )
Old 12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
alan00000

yeah you did the right thing , Luckily my hood came in awsome condition and the fitment was good too.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're very smart for deny shipping. 70% of my customers dont check the items for damage (even after I tell them too) and come back to me asking for compensation. I always have to re-direct them to the carrier. You did the right thing by denying shipping.

Shipping carbon fiber parts is a HUGE headache. Im on my 5th carrier now and they have only damaged 2 out of 15 packages. DHL was about 20-25% were damaged.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:04 AM
stepuckey

It's so funny too, because he's telling me (the delivery guy) to make up my mind and hurry up, but I was thinking I'm not gonna be stuck with this thing and end up paying another couple hundred bucks just to restore it to the condition I should have received it in in the first place! Then he calls his company to ask what to do and they tell me to receive it anyway and call the company I bought it from...yeah right! I was just afraid then the company would say "well, you should have refused it, sorry."

It was beautiful though, no doubt about that. Now I just hope the next one doesn't arrive the same way. The box they pack it in is rediculous. For the price you pay it should arrive in a darn crate. And Alan00000 - glad to hear fitment is as good as I've heard it is. Ok, end rant.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
stepuckey

Shipping carbon fiber parts is a HUGE headache. Im on my 5th carrier now and they have only damaged 2 out of 15 packages. DHL was about 20-25% were damaged.
I can't imagine how frustrating it must be after about the third or fourth order, where you're getting phone call after phone call whining about the messed up part. And you're like the fifth person I've seen commenting on the special "care" DHL uses when handling packages. Glad to hear you've seemed to have found someone competant finally.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:25 PM
davidf

Part of the problem with carriers is the hoods are an absloute b!tch to get unwrapped properly and a$$hole carriers don't like to wait, because when it's finally unwrapped and damaged then you have to rewrap it which IMO is even harder.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by davidf
Part of the problem with carriers is the hoods are an absloute b!tch to get unwrapped properly and a$$hole carriers don't like to wait, because when it's finally unwrapped and damaged then you have to rewrap it which IMO is even harder.

tell them to suck it.. its their job. In most cases the boxes are obviously beaten to crap. I always check everything before signing for them. If you going to pay $500+ for something, you should make sure you getting what you paid for before excepting that you received it in good condition (signing).
Old 12-13-2006, 05:00 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

after i sell my wheels I am considering not shipping anything again... the past few times I used DHL to ship anything it got jacked... it's happend before with fedex and ups though as well... its just too risky, especially for high priced items.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
stepuckey

Yeah totally! I was trying to hurry for the guy since I was on the phone w/ the company I purchased from to find if I should accept the delivery or not, and when they said "No" I was trying to tape the damn thing up real quick for him. So there I am one handed, fighting w/ the biga$$ box, trying to put some tape on it and the retard is just standing there watching the whole charade! I was thinking "Is this guy frickin serious?!!" He also made me practically hand it to him back on the truck too (one handed on the phone!)

So yeah, I just threw the paper-foam stuff back over it real quick and taped the lid back on! HA I wasn't going to take the time to make it nice for them, if they didn't for me.

Edit: ^ oh and the whole time he kept telling me "well hurry up, I got another stop to make."
Old 12-14-2006, 05:48 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by mrpratt
after i sell my wheels I am considering not shipping anything again... the past few times I used DHL to ship anything it got jacked... it's happend before with fedex and ups though as well... its just too risky, especially for high priced items.
Thats another thing, I get 1 out of 10 packages stolen during transit. WTF is with that? I think I need to start using plain boxes and nothing that says Seibon on it.