Sponsored by:

Recommend Wide Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Notion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend Wide Body Kits

Hi all,

I'm considering using my car as a promotional piece for some of my business ventures and would like to look at the possibilities for a wide body conversion.

I want to stay away from fiber-glass if possible as I've seen so may nasty FG jobs that it gives me concern about quality.

Also the few widebody kits I have seen look like someone has attacked the car with leftover parts from their lego kit. I'm looking for something that can really enhance the lines of the car rather than look like they have been 'stuck on'.

Also, the car is a roadster, and so has different lines than the coupe of course. One of the nicest widebody conversions I have seen so far is the G35 over at IntenseMotorsports (one of the sponsors here).

http://www.intensepower.com/inmovefowig3.html

Your thoughts?

Notion
Old 12-21-2006, 08:59 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

Great thread. I'm not sure how you're going to go about doing a wide body, and refrain from using fiberglass. Of the various wide body kits that we sell for 350z, none are anything but fiberglass -- Top Secret etc, are all fiberglass. Also, the link that you provided to our G35c VeilSide Fortune Wide Body is full fiberglass, with minor carbon fiber pieces. The real concern that you should have is not the material, but who does the work.

Darren.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

you can have it done with metal, but i believe thats even more expensive, and definitely takes alot longer.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:08 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.mastergrade.net/product_i...products_id=96

The mastergrade widebody is a very nice kit which flows together quite nicely
Old 12-21-2006, 09:26 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

I think thats the ugliest kit made for the Z, well theres that one japanese widebody that makes it look like a tiburon.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:14 AM
disturbed2483

this is the only wide body I would do.

http://www.brs-autodesign.com/projec...widebody-2.htm
Old 12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Notion

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. Man that scares me only being able to have FG for a widebody, maybe I need to get over my issues lol.

Darren, when I saw that g35 I nearly fell of my seat - what a wonderful job and great choice of color - got any more shots?

That BRS is interesting but it seems a little blocky looking for my tastes, in fact after seeing that G35 it sets the standard pretty damn high in my mind.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Notion

I think this is one of the better looking ones I have seen so far (without the park bench)...

Top Secret Gold Wide Body 350Z - can't link for some silly reason... ahhh...

http://intensepower.com/topsewibokit.html

Notion

Last edited by Notion; 12-21-2006 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:59 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Notion,

NP. I tend to side with you on the Top Secret. Albeit, it's more common than the BRS, it's styling is never something that's questioned.

About our project, we did all of the body work, carbon fiber laying, moulding, paint in-house. As well as full fabrication (CNC, Mandrel bending, DynoJet, etc) we have a body shop as well. The G was completed in 1 month. That included:

* Custom single turbo GT35r turbo kit
* VeilSide Fortune Wide body kit, installation, moulding of the rear fenders, laying of carbon fiber around the fog light section of the front bumper, wrapping the rear wing in carbon fiber, complete color change (the engine bay excluded).
* Iforged were actually ordered 2 weeks before the project began, and Vince came through for us, getting the wheels to us in only 1.5 months.

Anyways, I know that this thread is about you requesting recommendations for wide body kits for a Z. Just wanted to let you know that we didn't outsource any of the work, like a lot of other companies do. If you're in San Diego (5 hour drive from us), then it's very feasible that we can take on whatever project you decide. We actually have multiple wide body projects in our bay as we speak.

d.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
BhashaZ

I think the best wide body is actually for the G35 coupe.

https://my350z.com/forum/ozoc-orlando-z-owners-club/228039-apr-performance-widebody-g35.html
Now if APR does the exact same for the Z.....
Old 12-21-2006, 12:22 PM
ryanmac516
i like boobies

holy **** that g35 has got to be the sickest one i have ever seen
Old 12-21-2006, 01:17 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

if you like the styling on the fenders for veilsides G35, id look into do luck fender, and since they are fenders you can put them with any kit that flows with them, ive always thought theyd work well on cwest.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:23 PM
DaveZ06

APR "i'm not worthy"
Old 12-21-2006, 05:05 PM
bbhiznors

i love every thing but the shift **** bothers me for some reason
Old 12-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Notion

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Yep the nice thing about the 2 G35's in this thread is they actually look like the car was always that wide. So far all of the 350 kits I have seen look like, well, wide body kits he he he.

Hey Darren what's the story with that crazy paint on your g35? It looks like it could almost be a satin finish. I saw a Subaru STi finished in a really slick professionally finished matt black over at starbucks one day and it looked pretty amazing. I've always thought that some kind of satin/semi matt finish in an off-balance color could look mind-bloing if done properly.

Joel
Old 12-21-2006, 05:25 PM
drivenCSZ

why do you need a widebody? i guess your trying to make a statement if its for promo purposes? I think you can do that without a widebody especially if you arent doing FI(which is the only functional reason you might do a widebody). A nice kit, wheels, dropped, and non-stock paint color will make it stand out enough.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

350 ZR? custom build man.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
driftk1d

where are your pics bubble??
Old 12-22-2006, 01:09 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Notion

Hey Darren what's the story with that crazy paint on your g35? It looks like it could almost be a satin finish. I saw a Subaru STi finished in a really slick professionally finished matt black over at starbucks one day and it looked pretty amazing. I've always thought that some kind of satin/semi matt finish in an off-balance color could look mind-bloing if done properly.

Joel
Joel,

The choice of the paint color was Han's. He's the owner of the car, and as so, it was his vision to chose a color scheme (and wide body kit) that hadn't been used on a G35c. While there are naysayers to the color choice, etc, we are innovators, and have to showcase our own cars with fresh ideas and body kits. Right now, in our bay, there are 7 wide body cars ranging from RX-7, Supras, 350z's, G35c and S14. We're not satisfied by just adding an off-the-shelf wide body kits, hence the customization of everything. Actually, 1 of the Supras in our bay has a full custom wide body kit on it that we made in-house, from scratch. Look for it on the cover of Turbo Magazine next year.

Darren.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Notion

Yep I have always agreed that if you are going to spend money personalizing your car - why make it look like all of the other 'personalized' cars on the road.

I'm really keen to find a very unique paint finish rather than just a unique color. For some reason I'm obsessed with the idea of satin/eggshell flat colored car - I'm just convinced that with the right color choice it will look mind-blowing. I've been trying to do some research on possibilities of that but haven't stumbled across anything yet. In my head it would be like looking at pearlized suede, if that makes any sense.