Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kaminari body kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 01:23 PM
kurt leonce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kaminari body kit

have any one got this kit and what do they think about it, and can you post some pic of it on your car, the web site do not give a complete look at the car, and the spoiler.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:56 PM
kzshin

man, your Z has heritage, why you want a kamanari kit? you should get something nice from Japanese manufacture. don't lower value of your car. I would rather buy NISMO replica.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:59 PM
MSOsr

I have ordered the kit and it is to be delivered tomorrow or Monday. Will probably have it installed within a week of that date.

I understand Natve4ply has his installed and will be posting pictures soon.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:21 PM
kurt leonce

kzshin, I know what you mean and it is true but there is not much good looking kits out,
Old 04-04-2003, 02:43 PM
kzshin

Too bad that most good looking kits are in Japan, not here. Have you thinking about get Nismo kit or Nismo replica?
Old 04-04-2003, 03:19 PM
turbo03

There are tons of kits out, but most of good ones aren't released in Japan yet. We where all teased when we say photot's from the Tokyo Auto Salon. Almost every manufacture is working on some type of parts for the new Z. Just give it time and the parts will come. You can get most of the popluar Japna kist now, but shipping takes a while nuless you get it air shopped. It all comes down to how bad do you want it and how much are you willing to spend. Just like if you want to go fast you have to spend the $$$$$.

my 2 cents

thanks,
Greg
Old 04-05-2003, 10:01 AM
kzshin

I would rather wait or pay more for high quality Japanese kit than buy an Kamanari kit for my Z.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Red6

Kaminari kits are high quality I let you know first hand. Ive had a few in the past and their manufaturing is top notch. Their kit for the 350 looks really nice.

I had a full fiberglass kit and also a kit in uranthane for my Celica. I also had a kaminari carbonfiber wing. Their fiberglass, carbonfiber, and uranthane are among the best.

I just got my Veilside version 1 kit from japan and Ill say that its not that great. The thin fiberglass rear was already cracked and carbonfiber lip is very thin. I paid twice the amout that a kaminari kit cost and I got half the quality.

To me japanese kits are by far overrated. There cost is high and I was greatly dissipointed in their quality. The only thing Im impressed is that the Veilside kit is super light. We will see how it stands up when its installed.

Last edited by Red6; 04-05-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:34 PM
natve4ply

Default i'm with you red

here it is..
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=25150
Old 04-07-2003, 04:19 PM
kzshin

Judging by the look of the kamnari kit, it look like the kit will increase the drag coeffiecent, which is bad for my z's aero dynamic. To me, build quality and function are equally important. I just don't want to buy a kit that might ruin my z's good aero dynamic, which ruin my car's performance. The reason some of Japanese kits are expensive and over rated, is because these kits are tested on track and street. These kits actually increase our Z's performance not lower it. For example, kit from C-WEST, or Nismo, these kit are proven on track, and their engineers spend many hours to study the airflows.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:05 AM
1200tt

Originally posted by Red6
Kaminari kits are high quality I let you know first hand. Ive had a few in the past and their manufaturing is top notch. Their kit for the 350 looks really nice.

I had a full fiberglass kit and also a kit in uranthane for my Celica. I also had a kaminari carbonfiber wing. Their fiberglass, carbonfiber, and uranthane are among the best.

I just got my Veilside version 1 kit from japan and Ill say that its not that great. The thin fiberglass rear was already cracked and carbonfiber lip is very thin. I paid twice the amout that a kaminari kit cost and I got half the quality.

To me japanese kits are by far overrated. There cost is high and I was greatly dissipointed in their quality. The only thing Im impressed is that the Veilside kit is super light. We will see how it stands up when its installed.

What are you talking about. Have you seen a POS fiberglass part before? They are thick, brittle, heavy, and dont fit. The VeilSide is supposed to be thin, to be flexible. I defend the Japanese FRP parts because I know the difference between those and China stuff.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:47 AM
MSOsr

I received my Kaminari kit this morning. The front dam is urethane; the remainder of the kit is hand-laid fiberglass.

When we unpacked it at the body shop, the owner was very impressed by the quality of the workmanship. The corners are properly finished and the kit surface is very smooth. He said this kit is one of the nicest ones he has seen for any car.

I don't expect the aerodynamics of the kit to ruin my enthusiasm.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:48 PM
kzshin

that's because he never seen the real good one. I had a friend who bought a front bumper from a company called "Approval" in Japan for his Lexus GS300. The quality of that kit is way better than any of kit from Kaminari or Wing West. The kit is made by FRP, but the finished is like ABS Plastic (OEM Material) plus it's light and was tested in Japan. The kit is good for more than 200 miles and was designed for High speed race in Japan.

And kits from CWEST, Nismo, TRD Japan, TTE, Endless, WIN racing, wise, wald....etc are just like the kit from "Approval" don't just have look, they are really functional.