Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

New Rear Emblem and Billet Antenna...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003 | 07:59 PM
3rdpower

Cool New Rear Emblem and Billet Antenna...

Looking for your honest feed back

Too tacky?

Emblem is a side emblem with the black part sanded away. It has a brushed aluminum look now.

Thanks for yer feed back!

Old 04-07-2003 | 05:43 AM
fotodad

I like the look of the factory antenna. But the antenna you installed looks good, too!
Old 04-07-2003 | 10:13 AM
outazway

Would like to see some better pics of the car from the side and the whole back, all that being said it looks pretty good I think the stock antena is to long and I will be changing mine too.
Old 04-07-2003 | 10:21 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Eh. It just looks like something's missing if there's no 350 or Fairlady Z badge on the side.

But it's YOUR car, do what YOU like.
Old 04-07-2003 | 10:25 AM
HDK

I am a fan of debadging cars, irregardless of the model. I think it looks a lot cleaner with just the brand logo in the rear. I've wondered about the Z logo for the back, it looks interesting. Do you have one for the front too?
Old 04-07-2003 | 10:28 AM
Rahtok

Weren't you originally trying to paint the inside of the Z marker LS? Did that just blend in to the car too much?

I think that the emblem needs some degree of contrast. If not black or LS, maybe a medium grey, metallic grey, etc?
Old 04-07-2003 | 10:36 AM
jj1814

*ahhhhhhhhhh!!! "Irregardless" is not a word!!*

*tangent over* Sorry....mom was an English teacher

But honestly...It looks too big to me right there. It looks like you should be able to turn the top half of the emblem, and hidden behind it would be the keyhole for the hatch. Maybe I'm just thinking of my mom's old Caddy.
Old 04-07-2003 | 10:45 AM
HDK

Originally posted by nissan350z
*ahhhhhhhhhh!!! "Irregardless" is not a word!!*

*tangent over* Sorry....mom was an English teacher

But honestly...It looks too big to me right there. It looks like you should be able to turn the top half of the emblem, and hidden behind it would be the keyhole for the hatch. Maybe I'm just thinking of my mom's old Caddy.
**** I need to go back to grammar school. wow I learn so much from this site
Old 04-08-2003 | 07:13 AM
3rdpower

Originally posted by Rahtok
Weren't you originally trying to paint the inside of the Z marker LS? Did that just blend in to the car too much?

I think that the emblem needs some degree of contrast. If not black or LS, maybe a medium grey, metallic grey, etc?
To be honest, this is PRECISELY what I need done. I tried to do it myself and let me just say it is tough. I like to work with my hands and such, however, it's a pain in the *** because the touch up paint is oil based. This emblem is temporary, of course. I want to do the painted emblem, however, it is going to take time (and a new emblem as I have stripped sanded away some of the Z chromed coating).

I'm ordering up another emblem and some more touch up paint. This time I'm going to the hobbie store and getting some paint supplies (oil based drying agent paint additive). The wait is rediculous if you don't do it slow and right...

In regards to the Fairlady emblem... I thought about this but retracted. I believe I like the clean rear look. If I add the contrast as recommended it's realllly going to set things off I believe...

Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are great.
Old 04-08-2003 | 09:14 AM
Rahtok

I picked up my LS touch up paint last week. I just ran down and took a look at it -- it's quite thick.

I do a lot of model painting, and i think you'd get better results if you actually thinned down the paint and did 5 or 6 layers to get a consistant coating, allowing the paint to dry between layers. In thin applications, you'd maybe have to wait 12 hours between coats.

Just an idea...
Old 04-08-2003 | 07:10 PM
khacken2

I like it. But I am a fan of the Fairlady Z emblem. 350zspeedracer has it and it looks great.
Old 04-08-2003 | 11:57 PM
joust75

Good job. I have already killed my 350 Z logo and look forward to getting rid of the "Nissan Burger" ( as someone else reffered to it ) I will do the same and replace the logo with a Z. How did you do it?