Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Body Kit Prep Pics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 09:14 AM
SweetDreamZ

Default Body Kit Prep Pics...

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd post a few pics showing the progress of the body kit prep. I stopped by the shop today, and they have most of the pieces prepped up. They only have the hood and the spoiler left to do. I'll keep pics coming as I get them!

Also, here is how I will be painting the front bumper (blue though)...

two things...what do you all think about:

A) The front badge...shave it off? Leave it on?
B) The canards? Installed? Leave them off?

Thanks!

Austin
Old 03-05-2007 | 09:22 AM
bonusfrag

Very nice, sir. Not that you should listen to other people. But I've always like having a front badge. I know a good portion of this community enjoys the "shaved" look. But I like people knowing what I drive.

The addition of conards would be hot. I would paint them to match the body. Had you painted the lip part of the bumper black, I would have suggested that the conards be black as well.

That car is gonna look sharp! congrats
Old 03-05-2007 | 09:33 AM
philude

everything looks great man, the only thing i can see that needs work is a steady hand when it comes to taking pictures.
Old 03-05-2007 | 09:37 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore
Premier Member

WOW what kit is that on the silver car??? If your car looks like that but blue your gonna have a sik @ss car man!! Props!!! And yea I just ordered the badge so def leave it on. And the canards looks SICK!!!
Old 03-05-2007 | 09:46 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by philude
everything looks great man, the only thing i can see that needs work is a steady hand when it comes to taking pictures.

haha...yeah...it's a Sony Cybershot M1 or something...and it usually takes good pics...but I think I have it in the wrong mode and it is leaving the shudder open too long. Plus, i just suck at taking pics!
Old 03-05-2007 | 09:47 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
WOW what kit is that on the silver car??? If your car looks like that but blue your gonna have a sik @ss car man!! Props!!! And yea I just ordered the badge so def leave it on. And the canards looks SICK!!!

Thanks! The silver car I stole from someone on here...and I agree, it's sick. That's why I'm stealing the paint scheme! The front bumper is a Nismo V2...mine's a replica from Tommy (punksterz) on here. Quality piece for sure...
Old 03-05-2007 | 10:03 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore
Premier Member

Yea im def leaning towards the replica V2 but I cant find piks of the complete kit on a car. I can only find mis match piks of kits. But the catch is I Have Pro-1 exhaust so my tips on my exhaust are kinda large so.....
Old 03-05-2007 | 10:09 AM
05-Z

Looks like a good combo, post pics afterwords too. I would shave the emblem.
Old 03-05-2007 | 10:15 AM
twenzel

Emblem - ON
Canards - ON
It should look pretty sweet. I would trim the center piece of the rear bumper out. It will eventually end up as a parachute.
Old 03-05-2007 | 10:27 AM
azula

that silver z is pretty sick, unique paint job too
Old 03-05-2007 | 10:31 AM
V3rbatim

nice setup!

leave the badge on and no canards!
Old 03-05-2007 | 10:34 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by tonywenzel
Emblem - ON
Canards - ON
It should look pretty sweet. I would trim the center piece of the rear bumper out. It will eventually end up as a parachute.

have they been know to fold back? I kinda wanna keep it to hide the exhaust, but i'll be painting it black, to make it look like it's not there(kinda). One reason I kinda wanna keep it is b/c I'm thinking of going with the STS rear mount turbo kit(if they ever come out with it), so It'd be nice to leave the back cover there to hide what I've got sitting back there!
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:33 PM
03Zilverstone

Did they primer it or are they painting over the gel coat? Some people might, but the only thing I won't primer is a bumper cover. PPG has a special adhesion kit for that. I'm including stuff that's already cleared as something I don't primer too, unless there's a spot that's been worked or sanded with anything less than 400. Anyway, I guess it's just personal preference.
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:42 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable
Premier Member

i made a "custom" rear diffuser because i have the stillen rear valance and i my car almost wiggled because of the parachuting effect. ...used a piece of aluminum and attached it to the bumper and just before the rearend...helped A LOT. ...bout $40 for the metal and cut to fit...email if u want pics... eltness350@yahoo.com
r u painting the carbon fiber hood too??
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:42 PM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Did they primer it or are they painting over the gel coat? Some people might, but the only thing I won't primer is a bumper cover. PPG has a special adhesion kit for that. I'm including stuff that's already cleared as something I don't primer too, unless there's a spot that's been worked or sanded with anything less than 400. Anyway, I guess it's just personal preference.

All the grey parts have been primered. The gel coat sucked on the sides/rear so they did some work to get those right. the front bumper was nearly perfect, so it just needed primered. They haven't touched the hood yet, but they will be primering it as well before they paint anything.

It's gonna be a slow process...probably won't be in for paint for a week or two.
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:43 PM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by eltness350
i made a "custom" rear diffuser because i have the stillen rear valance and i my car almost wiggled because of the parachuting effect. ...used a piece of aluminum and attached it to the bumper and just before the rearend...helped A LOT. ...bout $40 for the metal and cut to fit...email if u want pics... eltness350@yahoo.com
r u painting the carbon fiber hood too??

hey, yeah, send me some pics if you don't mind....viperzace2@hotmail.com . Make sure to put somethign catchy in the title since all unknown senders go directly to the trash bin

The hood will be painted blue...w/ some CF showing...like this(but blue):

Old 03-05-2007 | 12:44 PM
03Zilverstone

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
All the grey parts have been primered. The gel coat sucked on the sides/rear so they did some work to get those right. the front bumper was nearly perfect, so it just needed primered. They haven't touched the hood yet, but they will be primering it as well before they paint anything.

It's gonna be a slow process...probably won't be in for paint for a week or two.
Okay. It looked white on my computer. Most gelcoat does suck. They don't really have to primer the hood, but if you're going to paint the whole thing it won't hurt.
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:45 PM
03Zilverstone

hey, yeah, send me some pics if you don't mind....viperzace2@hotmail.com . Make sure to put somethign catchy in the title since all unknown senders go directly to the trash bin

The hood will be painted blue...w/ some CF showing...like this(but blue):

They don't need to primer the hood then.
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:45 PM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by 03Zilverstone
Okay. It looked white on my computer. Most gelcoat does suck. They don't really have to primer the hood, but if you're going to paint the whole thing it won't hurt.

they are doing some work to get the waves out of the Seibon hood...so...it'll have to be primered since there will more than likely be some bondo involved...

Last edited by SweetDreamZ; 03-05-2007 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2007 | 12:47 PM
03Zilverstone

they are doing some work to get the waves out of the Seibon hood...so...it'll have to be cleared since there will more than likely be some bondo involved...

They better spot primer then and hope there's no remotely close to the area that will be left CF.

Quick Reply: Body Kit Prep Pics...