Sponsored by:

eyelids being stolen....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:45 PM
creationv2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eyelids being stolen....

eyelid guys....any type of lid...

i was jsut wondering, only becasue a friend brought it up.....since eyelids are only doublesided taped on to the headlight lens....do you guys ever worry about the lids being stolen?....thoguh i do imagine theyd be a b*tch to rip off....
Old 05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
zstreet86

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure if someone wanted to rip them off they probably could, then again they could steal a bunch of other **** from yor car too if they wanted. goes with the territory i guess
Old 05-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by creationv2
eyelid guys....any type of lid...

i was jsut wondering, only becasue a friend brought it up.....since eyelids are only doublesided taped on to the headlight lens....do you guys ever worry about the lids being stolen?....thoguh i do imagine theyd be a b*tch to rip off....
I had some eyelids on another car and my mild OCD kept making me take them off and repositioning them...anyhoo, long story short, they are really, really hard to take off. If someone just wanted to muscle them off, it would take a really strong guy to do it quickly. And if it is pulled off too fast/hard (depending on the adhesive used) the lid may just break in half. To take it off properly reuires some heat, dental floss, and about 15 minutes per side.

That said, someone desperate enough or malicious enough could do it just to ruin your day...
Old 05-05-2007, 02:50 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by zstreet86
sure if someone wanted to rip them off they probably could, then again they could steal a bunch of other **** from yor car too if they wanted. goes with the territory i guess
well no i mean since theyre really easily accessible....i know other crap can be stolen...but lids are jsut sitting there...not really permanently atached to anything....so not much effort or thought....
Old 05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
I had some eyelids on another car and my mild OCD kept making me take them off and repositioning them...anyhoo, long story short, they are really, really hard to take off. If someone just wanted to muscle them off, it would take a really strong guy to do it quickly. And if it is pulled off too fast/hard (depending on the adhesive used) the lid may just break in half. To take it off properly reuires some heat, dental floss, and about 15 minutes per side.

That said, someone desperate enough or malicious enough could do it just to ruin your day...

hmm...i fifugred it would be a lot of effort....just like debadging
Old 05-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by creationv2
hmm...i fifugred it would be a lot of effort....just like debadging
Yes. And if you use a good adhesive and 3M adhesive prep, put the tape very near the edges of the lid...it makes it all the harder to grip and remove. If the tape is just a wad in the middle then you could leverage it out.

The 3M adhesive primer/prep really works well! Its like gasoline or something that cleans and primes the surface. It makes the adhesive like 2x stronger.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:07 PM
deezz

I'm quite sure a lot of guys with the S2000 antennas have had issues w/ theft.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:08 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
Yes. And if you use a good adhesive and 3M adhesive prep, put the tape very near the edges of the lid...it makes it all the harder to grip and remove. If the tape is just a wad in the middle then you could leverage it out.

The 3M adhesive primer/prep really works well! Its like gasoline or something that cleans and primes the surface. It makes the adhesive like 2x stronger.

awesome thanks for the tips ...lucky evo-r puts the adhesive on the edge of the lids
Old 05-05-2007, 04:58 PM
702Fairlady

I just took the eyelids off of my car. I ended up breaking one of the lids and slightly scratching my headlight. I had full headlight covers so I couldnt get uder it with floss. Had to pry it up enough so I could cut away some of the tape. I wouldnt worry about getting them stolen.