Sponsored by:

Chargespeed front bumper fitment issues: pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:11 AM
blaukal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATED PICS: Chargespeed body kit installed

UPDATE: new pics at post #22

I know people have been asking about fitment of the Chargespeed kit in other threads -- I just got some pics from Mia and Maggie at DTM Autobody yesterday -- front bumper doesn't like the Z's headlights (not a huge deal, but will require some extra work):

Sounds like the rest of the kit doesn't really have any issues. Hopefully it'll be done by the weekend and I'll be able to post some installed pics...

Last edited by blaukal; 05-19-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Updating
Old 05-16-2007, 10:16 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

honestly...thats a real good fit for an aftermarket part. u just need to understand that this isnt an oem product. i've installed a ton of kits before and from what i see it's going to fit really good. there's no bolts holding the bumper in place too so u cant say that its not a good fit yet. just wait till everything is bolted up and see if its really that bad.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 AM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about that rear bumper...
Old 05-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by groovin_350z
honestly...thats a real good fit for an aftermarket part. u just need to understand that this isnt an oem product. i've installed a ton of kits before and from what i see it's going to fit really good. there's no bolts holding the bumper in place too so u cant say that its not a good fit yet. just wait till everything is bolted up and see if its really that bad.

Yeah, but if your paying close to $2,000 for the whole kit. it better be close to OEM. I've had my share of kits too, and I must say authentic kits from reputable company's lke C-West, Do Luck, Top Secret and a few others fit dead on. You shouldn't have to modify a kit to make it work unless it was a replica just my opinion.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:33 PM
turismo

+1
Old 05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
Yeah, but if your paying close to $2,000 for the whole kit. it better be close to OEM. I've had my share of kits too, and I must say authentic kits from reputable company's lke C-West, Do Luck, Top Secret and a few others fit dead on. You shouldn't have to modify a kit to make it work unless it was a replica just my opinion.
thats true. i'd be pretty mad if i spent that kind of money and it not fitting even close. im pretty positive he wont have trouble with it. my friends chargespeed stuff for his wrx didnt have any problems. plus DTM does great work.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:52 PM
THE TECH

$2k isn't that much for a full kit. Hell, the hood I'm getting is almost $2k on it's own.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by THE TECH
$2k isn't that much for a full kit. Hell, the hood I'm getting is almost $2k on it's own.
I never said $2k was a lot for a kit. I'm saying if your paying for Authentic kit and you have fitment issues then there is a problem. Yeah the chargespeed hood is like $1,400 dollars. And the whole kit with the carbon fiber rear is $2,500. If your spending $2k on a kit and fitment is off I would just buy the replica for under $1k and save. Just my .02 cents. If I pay for Authentic kit It should be ready to just be pretty much painted. Because I have seen amazing replicas that require minimal work for less then half the price of the original.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:52 PM
THE TECH

Unfortunately, even the authentic stuff doesn't necessarily fit perfect. Case in point...Veilside.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....or some of the amuse stuff shine recently bought

fitment was way off
Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 AM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by THE TECH
i need that GIF of the "BALLIN'!!!" hahahah

i never expect anythign perfect from anything aftermarket. that way when it doesnt fit, it doesnt surprise me. haha
Old 05-17-2007, 09:31 AM
synth19

Not to deviate from this topic....but Veilside sux *****. You guys have no idea how much work my bodyshop had to do in order to make the hood fit. Another thread and pics in a few days...
Old 05-17-2007, 09:36 AM
synth19

I wish this was the case, but the only "authentic" kits I have seen with little to NO work is NISMO. I've brought plenty of "authentic" JDM stuff to my bodyshop and the amount of prep work they have to do is crazy. I'm not saying all authentic stuff is crap, I've just had some experiences where this wasn't the case. Athentic doesn't always = perfect.

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
If I pay for Authentic kit It should be ready to just be pretty much painted.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

+1

if this is the first time he is buying an aftermarket bumper i can see he owudl think that is not good...that is actually pretty good for out the box fitment... thats why you do "prep work" or in your car have the body shop do it for you
Old 05-17-2007, 09:38 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by synth19
Not to deviate from this topic....but Veilside sux *****. You guys have no idea how much work my bodyshop had to do in order to make the hood fit. Another thread and pics in a few days...

sort of a hit and miss deal i have seen it both ways... gret fitment out the box, or major prep work being needed, like in your case i guess
Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 AM
synth19

And "prep work" is the dealmaker and breaker here. I wish ppl would post more on prep vs. "good fitment." If I had a choice to get an authentic kit vs. a replica, my first question would be "how much prep does it need?" Because if the replica require ALOT of prep to get it right, then the cost on labor would be more or equal to the authentic. You think you're saving money, but you get fcked in the end. Of course there are some bodyshops that will just slap a kit on with little prep work, that is if you dont mind waves/bubbles/fitment issues/etc.

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
+1

if this is the first time he is buying an aftermarket bumper i can see he owudl think that is not good...that is actually pretty good for out the box fitment... thats why you do "prep work" or in your car have the body shop do it for you
Old 05-17-2007, 09:48 AM
IIQuickSilverII

bottom line ... you get what you pay for
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 AM
blaukal

+1

Actually, my post says "not a huge deal, just some extra work". The reason for the post is that in the Chargespeed for-sale threads, people kept asking about fitment. Overall, the fitment is pretty dam.n good. I was hoping for perfect, but life doesn't always work out that way...
Old 05-17-2007, 12:05 PM
groovin_350z
Sleeps in 350Z

^^ never hope for perfect. u just set urself up for disappointment especially when it comes to buying stuff for our cars.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:41 PM
synth19

That's quite the blanket statement. I certainly paid ALOT for my veilside hood which is absolute crap.

bottom line ... you get what you pay for

Quick Reply: Chargespeed front bumper fitment issues: pics