Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paintless dent removal... Does it work?

Old 06-19-2007, 04:38 PM
doctorshumes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 small dings on the rear hatch, drivers side, just to the side of the rear glass near the bottom where it is still curved. I think some neighborhood kids where kicking a small basketball type of ball and obviously hit it several times. Oh if I could get to them now. Anyway, Just wondering if anyone has ever had dents on the rear hatch repaired with paintless dent removal or had any ideas if it would work. Im not sure because the metal seems thicker, is curved, and may be two layers with a hollow center, thus not allowing them to use their tools correctly from underneath. I may find out tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM
edwin350z

i know a guy that came into town just to work on cars after a huge hail storm. i had about 50 dings all over the car and he charged me $400. he did an amazing job!!! he even took out some door dings out for free. he works for a pdr co. and did the work on the side. took him two days since he was doing it in my garage at nights. if anyone in my area needs his # he should still be in tx. but i think he is from indiana
Old 06-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Hustler904

PDR guys also have glue type pullers

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/c-54...nt-repair.aspx

Theres certain places where a pdr tech might not be able to push out a dent such as lets say a trunk lid right where it starts to bend or on the very edge of something. Best thing to do is just call them up and have them look at it,its usually a free estimate.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:52 PM
LouiZ

i have 2 dents on each door line how much u think that will cost to get fixed? its really annoying to look at and is it repairable?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Hustler904

couldnt tell you dude,alot of PDR techs are free agents, whereas the other ones are under contract to work for whatever company they work for.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

About Paintless-Dent-Removal (referred hereafter as "PDR"):

1) The technician can tell you in advance if the procedure will work in your specific case.

2) Usually, there is no charge/fee for an estimate for PDR.

3) The charge for PDR varies greatly, depending upon the number of dings, position of the ding(s), car, etc. Door dings are usually on the passenger door, and are in multiples. You should get a price-break for this scenario (multiple dings in a single door). The charge is anywhere from $80 to $100 per ding/dent, and goes down significantly if the dings are localized (i.e., usually near one another on the passenger door). On average, you should expect to pay anywhere from $120 to $400 for a significant repair. If you are repairing only door-dings in your passenger-side door, $120-$240 is probably a realistic fee.

4) PDR is very technique-sensitive. Its success depends upon the technician's skill-level. Technicians experienced in PDR methods can remove minor dents anywhere on a Z (e.g., doors, hood, roof, and hatch).

--Spike

Last edited by Spike100; 06-19-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
woof*

i have a superblack z and had four dents removed yesterday. two in the mid section of my drivers door, one large one on the right front area of the hood, and a huge round circle above the left rear wheel. all came out perfect. seriously, i have had five people look for them and not one has found where they were. im amazed at this..all four set me back 160$. the guy i used..had his own body shop for 20 yrs and has been doing just the PDR for the last six years. it really makes me feel like my car is all new again!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:17 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by woof*
i have a superblack z and had four dents removed yesterday. two in the mid section of my drivers door, one large one on the right front area of the hood, and a huge round circle above the left rear wheel. all came out perfect. seriously, i have had five people look for them and not one has found where they were. im amazed at this..all four set me back 160$. the guy i used..had his own body shop for 20 yrs and has been doing just the PDR for the last six years. it really makes me feel like my car is all new again!
I want his name/ number hook a ***** up
Old 03-24-2019, 01:27 AM
elimadentllc
Banned

Default Paintless dent repair tools

Yes it works effectively! Consider this: You spend thousands of dollars to get your vehicle repaired only to get a poorly trained technician grind and sand off the perfect coat of paint from your vehicle and replace the superior quality exterior of your car with a poor quality material.
Unlike conventional dent repair, PDR is a less invasive process and requires an exceptionally skilled person to do it. Offering you a true fix, it maintains the factory paint and provides a fix that doesn’t cause you any stress about the products used by the technician.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:41 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by elimadentllc
Yes it works effectively! Consider this: You spend thousands of dollars to get your vehicle repaired only to get a poorly trained technician grind and sand off the perfect coat of paint from your vehicle and replace the superior quality exterior of your car with a poor quality material.
Unlike conventional dent repair, PDR is a less invasive process and requires an exceptionally skilled person to do it. Offering you a true fix, it maintains the factory paint and provides a fix that doesn’t cause you any stress about the products used by the technician.
Pretty close but the record for a necrothread bump for absolutely no reason (and adding questionable content) is 16 years, not a mere 12. Nice try though. WT.....
Old 03-24-2019, 03:47 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

Spammer.... he said pdr would work on this

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...ed-advice.html
Old 03-24-2019, 12:12 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee