Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Seat Harness Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:16 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sparco Seat Harness Installation

I just ordered some Sparco Torino 2 seats. I haven't ordered the harness yet, because I don't know what color I want. I'm looking at the four point harness.

My question is how do you mount the lap belt part? I see on there website that there is a snap in kit, bolt in kit, and a reinforcement bracket. None really tell what or how they work. What do I need? From the best I can tell I'll need either the snap in or bolt in kit (whatever I decide I want) and the reinforment plate,in which needs to be welded in. Is this right?

Or are there a simpler way just to bolt to the anchor points in the car from the existing points of the factory belt? What do you do? Thanks. I'm not worried about the shoulder part of the harness, for I already have a harness bar.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 PM
VIZAGE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Somebody must know something.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:23 AM
ChinaClipper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VIZAGE
My question is how do you mount the lap belt part? I see on there website that there is a snap in kit, bolt in kit, and a reinforcement bracket. None really tell what or how they work. What do I need? From the best I can tell I'll need either the snap in or bolt in kit (whatever I decide I want) and the reinforment plate,in which needs to be welded in. Is this right?
Your supposition is correct. The two choices are basically between permanently installing the lap belts in the car, or not. The bolt in kit means that the 4-point is permanently in the car. (Some take out the factory belts then.) The snap in kit has the anchors and a snap in fitting that stays with the car, and the lap belts snap into the anchors when you need the lap belt for track usage with the shoulder harnesses.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 PM
z-u-later

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can install your racing harness lap belt and still have the stock belts functional. I have a 6pt harness and it works for me. The lap belt on the outside is bolted on where the stock belt is bolted on near the door. You just need to replace the stock bolt with a slightly longer bolt.

The other lap belt, the one that goes towards the center console, can be attached to an L-bracket, which is then bolted on the floor where the seat rail is bolted on to. You also need to replace the stock bolt here with a longer bolt.