Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Gouda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door guards

Ok, I baby this car better than my kids but I still seem to get very light nicks from other cars or?? on the door sides. Does anyone make body colored trim strips that will fit on the creased area of the door and not make it look cheesy? I can't believe no one else has this problem and there isn't anything on the market.

Let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 05:45 PM
6894kevin

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please don't do that to your Z!!!

I suggest you park further away and walk, but please don't put on door guards.

PLEASE
Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM
NaNa-Papa-J

Yeah, maybe you could get the ones that have the colored reflector on them! Haha!! Seriously though, I commend you for "babying" your Z but door guards would be a form of abuse too. :-)
Old 05-31-2007, 07:21 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, I agree with the OP but there is nothing out there I've heard of.

I'm at 4 + years & 42,000 miles w/o a dent or scratch. You really have to work at it though. Look for space out from other cars. If you must park around others look for a corner spot.

Also helps we have another car & the Brick goes nowhere near a mall, movie theater, etc.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
drivenCSZ

i know ive seen somebody do it here...i searched but couldnt find the thread. i think they used body color so it blended in but still...just suck it up and start walking a little further when you park.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:16 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like a smart Z owner.... park as far away as you can from the fOOleS, either hug the very left or right parking spot ( hopefully you will also find some shade) & lastly remember of front fascias are real damn low give your self at 18 inches or so from the front of parking spot. Nicks can be a *****..... gotta think for the fooles with a minvan full of ankle biters, eliminate opportunities for anybody to damge your ride
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
brandonanix

I few of my friends that have bentlys and ferraris use a magnetic door strip they slap on when they have to park in public and also in the garage to protect the car from the worst threat of all............the wife
Old 06-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Devil Z

My friend with a C6 Vette has basically a "clear bra" door tip guard thingy . . . . cuz he's living in an apartment right now and the garage is really freaking narrow.

You can't even see it unless you look close. I'd look into it if I were you.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Gouda

I already have the 3M material on the door edges, it's the horizontal crease in the door that seems to get the abuse. I'm already walking about as far as I can, I know all those tricks. I am picky, I doubt anyone could see the damage from 4 feet away. but I know it's there. Humm, I can buy the 3M material from Groits in bulk, Maybe I'll try that along that crease.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:05 AM
BlitzKrieg//

Frankly, Im SHOCKED at how flimsy the metal or wharever it is on the doors . Ive had my Z for 3 months now, and already 2 major dings. My wife and I are very careful with where we park, etc. Her boss hit it once with her door (in their special parking area to avoid such things) and a shopping cart (witnessed by my wife) which rolled into the car at like 1 mph and caved the whole F*ing door in.

My last 6 or 7 cars, not ONE F*ing DING. And I didnt care where those were parked.....

Its a shame they dont make SOMETHING to protect the doors, since they didnt make the door out of some kind of absorbant material like Chevy and Pontiac did on there F-bodies. On my 98 Z-28, you could hurl a baseball at the door, and the door would bounce the item right off it with no visible damage.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:32 AM
Greedy4nismo

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Also helps we have another car & the Brick goes nowhere near a mall, movie theater, etc.
you nicknamed your Z "the Brick"? sounds highly aerodynamic and sporty

to the OP, i feel your pain, i have a door ding as well, and it came from a friggin plastic saturn door. apparently plastic > metal
Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

I think door-dings are going to happen no matter how carefully and strategically you park. The Z is very vulnerable. The dings are usually on the passenger-side door. I've decided life is too short to worry about it. Once a year I have the dings removed by my Paintless Dent Removal guy.

--Spike
Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Rob10_99

I double park, end of story.
seriously, if you cant double park it, put that sucker in at such and angle that no sane person would park next to you,
two door dings in the first month, thats before I used this strat~

****em, give me a parking ticket, its better than a door ding/chipped paint or whatever.