Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So i just bought some 06 Bi-Xenon headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default So i just bought some 06 Bi-Xenon headlights...

i haven't installed these bad boys yet because i always go and get my headlights recleared at the bodyshop so they will last 10+years with no fading.

I know these are true projecters. For those of you who have these, from a far, do they still have a blue tint like the previous years. My 03 headlights have a nice look from a far but i've heard that the 06 won't give me this.I hope it's not a yellowish white color. Maximas have nice looking hids at night. Even though this doesn't matter since i bought these for more light output, is still would want it to look nice.

If anyone can answer my question for have pics, it would be appreciated. I've been searching for the last hour and found couple of pics that coudln't answer my question.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:48 PM
BabyZiLLa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
i haven't installed these bad boys yet because i always go and get my headlights recleared at the bodyshop so they will last 10+years with no fading.

I know these are true projecters. For those of you who have these, from a far, do they still have a blue tint like the previous years. My 03 headlights have a nice look from a far but i've heard that the 06 won't give me this.I hope it's not a yellowish white color. Maximas have nice looking hids at night. Even though this doesn't matter since i bought these for more light output, is still would want it to look nice.

If anyone can answer my question for have pics, it would be appreciated. I've been searching for the last hour and found couple of pics that coudln't answer my question.
There blue/white. Often look blue sometimes white.. There not as heavy blue as most HID's but there definately not yellow.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:56 PM
VENOMSZ

They are very nice, you're going to love em.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:44 AM
SuperBlack350z

good to hear. Hopefully these will past my expectations. I wish i had more free time, maybe i can swing by the nissan dealer and just check them out before installation.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM
r26

how much did you pay?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by r26
how much did you pay?
1000 plus shipping for both complete headlights.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
SuperBlack350z

i would still love to trade this with for complete brembo brakes plus cash though.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

1000 plus shipping for both complete headlights.
Wow, that price is under dealer cost. You got a awesome deal if thats what you paid for.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Wow, that price is under dealer cost. You got a awesome deal if thats what you paid for.

that's really good to know. Do you know what dealer cost is? I called nissan and they said if i remember correctly..900 each headlight complete so for the set 1800?
Old 06-19-2007, 10:57 AM
JPsZ

I believe the dealer price is close to 600 a piece. They are a bit whiter then most other projectors, but maybe after the bulbs wear in a bit they'll get bluer.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:28 PM
ZCARBANDIT
Banned

dealer cost is alot, i order the xenons for the 300s and they are expensive.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

where did you buy yours?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$1k + shipping and not used? Wow, awesome deal.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
davidf

You might want to rethink clearing them. If for some reason the clear starts to peel off down the road it will look awful. I keep a small spray can of Plexas plastic polish and will sware by it. You can get this at most any motorcycle shop. It will not fail you. My 06's are 17 months old and look like the day I bought them. BTW that is a good deal you got.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:35 AM
HockeyZ39

The 06 projectors have very little blue in the cut off, this is due to the position of the shield in relation to the lense. If your willing to go this far you can open them up and throw some spacers inbetween or bend the shield to get more color.

I am thinking of picking a pair up myself but had second thoughts after inspecting my friends 06 lights. How ever you could swap a clear lense in, and do the shield mod mentioned above and have one damn nice bi-xenon set up. But thats alot of money for some lights that you have to modify to get the way you want.

The other route I have been thinking of is TL bi-xenon projectors with clear lense swap retroed into 03-05 housings. This would cost about 700ish dollars for all the materials needed and a used housing. No bi-xenon comes even close to matching the output/color of a clear lense TL projector.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
redlude97

Originally Posted by HockeyZ39
The 06 projectors have very little blue in the cut off, this is due to the position of the shield in relation to the lense. If your willing to go this far you can open them up and throw some spacers inbetween or bend the shield to get more color.

I am thinking of picking a pair up myself but had second thoughts after inspecting my friends 06 lights. How ever you could swap a clear lense in, and do the shield mod mentioned above and have one damn nice bi-xenon set up. But thats alot of money for some lights that you have to modify to get the way you want.

The other route I have been thinking of is TL bi-xenon projectors with clear lense swap retroed into 03-05 housings. This would cost about 700ish dollars for all the materials needed and a used housing. No bi-xenon comes even close to matching the output/color of a clear lense TL projector.
Lense spacing won't work very well because of the fresnel lense, a lense swap is possible but the since the are 3" the available lenses are very rare, I think IvoryGT is the only one who as done it to the new bixenons, and he can't find another pair of lenses that will work. Good luck if you want to try that
Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
SuperBlack350z

i forgot all about this thread.

so do you know if these lights look better than the 03-05 from the outside? I don't even know why i'm asking but i just dont' want to look like i have some very bright white silverstars or something. My 03-05 looked like hids from a far.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:50 AM
HockeyZ39

Originally Posted by redlude97
Lense spacing won't work very well because of the fresnel lense, a lense swap is possible but the since the are 3" the available lenses are very rare, I think IvoryGT is the only one who as done it to the new bixenons, and he can't find another pair of lenses that will work. Good luck if you want to try that
lenses spacing will work with the fenzeled lenses you will just blur the cutoff more at the expense of more color. I have done this a few times on a fenzeled lenses and achieved much more color.

The reason for a clear lenses is to get the flicker, you don’t need a clear lenses for color. You can actually get more visible color to drivers out of the fenzeled lenses (the altima for example) because the color is "spread out" by the rivets in the lenses.

But if you want the beauty of an S2000 flicker (anyone who has been in front of an s2000 knows what I mean) then you need the clear lenses, and IMO nothing is sexier than that flicker.

I had my friends 06 drive behind me and I didn’t notice much color at all, from a distance they seems to have more (don’t know why) but nothing up to what I want. FYI tho his was brand new so the bulbs had not "burned in" or "shifted."

Last edited by HockeyZ39; 06-21-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 AM
HockeyZ39

i forgot all about this thread.

so do you know if these lights look better than the 03-05 from the outside? I don't even know why i'm asking but i just dont' want to look like i have some very bright white silverstars or something. My 03-05 looked like hids from a far.
That depends who is looking at it really, there is more blue in my 03's but when i see a fullprojector I always like it better. But that is bc im a light nerd and 90% of people wouldnt take a second notice to it.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
SuperBlack350z

That depends who is looking at it really, there is more blue in my 03's but when i see a fullprojector I always like it better. But that is bc im a light nerd and 90% of people wouldnt take a second notice to it.

ah, ok thanks for answering. I have no idea what these headlights look like. There are no z's around my area. We no 06 z's for sure.

Quick Reply: So i just bought some 06 Bi-Xenon headlights...