Sponsored by:

Veilside Version 1 under side wings...question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 02:38 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Veilside Version 1 under side wings...question

Anyone bought or installed them? Are they direct bolt ons? Does the front diffuser come in fiber glass with carbon fiber inserts? Very nice......
Attached Thumbnails Veilside Version 1 under side wings...question-red-veilside.jpg  
Old 05-06-2003, 02:52 PM
Crase Z

Default Veilside 1 kit

That redline pictured is actually mine. The whole Veilside kit is direct bolt on.

The front lip you can order as a full carbon fiber piece or just fiberglass.

I odered full cabon fiber lip and painted it on the sides. I did this to make the lip look a bit more finished.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Very nice car.

Do I need to buy the Lower center panel carbon fiber finisher from Courtesy Parts to complete the look or does the Veilside lip actually has carbon fiber that covers the lower center bumper? Hope you know what I am talking about.

Again, awesome ride and thanks for letting me post your picture.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:08 PM
SandMan

Default Re: Veilside 1 kit

Originally posted by Crase Z
That redline pictured is actually mine. The whole Veilside kit is direct bolt on.

The front lip you can order as a full carbon fiber piece or just fiberglass.

I odered full cabon fiber lip and painted it on the sides. I did this to make the lip look a bit more finished.
I was thinking of getting the Veilside V1 kit as well. Is it just a lip or does it come with the diffuser like Top Secret? You know to cover the bottom to expel excess drag.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:42 PM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Very nice car.

Originally posted by Moodie
Do I need to buy the Lower center panel carbon fiber finisher from Courtesy Parts to complete the look or does the Veilside lip actually has carbon fiber that covers the lower center bumper? Hope you know what I am talking about.
didn't I tell you the wheels and teins are only the beginning?

btw, I believe the entire lip is one piece with the piece covering the lower center panel.

More pictures/threadhttps://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=24459

BTW, Craze Z, I was admiring your veilside kit for quite a while at the show....
Old 05-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Damn....I know!!!

Hell of broke yet I can't stop!!! And Yuichi just call and let me know there is a good body shop in case I still want to install the Nismo spoiler. Constant reminders.....ah......
Old 05-06-2003, 05:19 PM
shaneotool

I'm thinking of getting the carbon lip and wings.

Is that something I could put on myself? Is it just as hard as say, putting on splash gaurds?
Old 05-06-2003, 09:43 PM
Crase Z

Default Re: Very nice car.

Again, awesome ride and thanks for letting me post your picture.
If you buy the veilside carbonfiber lip it will cover the center of the bumper. You will not have to buy the carbon fiber finisher from Courtesy. It a full peice that covers what you see.

The thing you will have to do is have the sides of the veilside carbonfiber lip painted to match your car.

*SandMan- The lip bolts on the the factory nuts on the bottom of your underside splash guard. Its flush and does not create drag.

*shaneotool- Its very easy to put on the front lip and the sides but the rear was a bit difficult.

The wing is not easy. I would recomend a good body shop for the wing install. It has to be put bolted on then adhesed with 3mm tape (just like the stock wing is installed by Nissan).

*Well for the people who pming me about where I got my kit. I odered it though www.Mbautosport.com. Ask for Min and he will give you a good price on the lip or the whole kit.

It is not listed on his website yet. MB Autosport is very close to Veilside Usa so their shop got it very quickly. I picked up my veilside kit from MBautosport the next day it got to veilside from Japan.

Last edited by Crase Z; 05-06-2003 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:52 PM
ElementalsIn

does removing the factory wing to install the veilside wing leave any holes or marking on the hatch? or does the new wing cover it perhaps?
Old 05-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Crase Z

Originally posted by ElementalsIn
does removing the factory wing to install the veilside wing leave any holes or marking on the hatch? or does the new wing cover it perhaps?
The holes left by the stock wing are used to mount the Veilside wing. There were no marks but alot of stickly residue left from the factory 3m tape from the stock wing. There are also a two clips holes from the stock wing that are covered up by the veilside wing. These clip holes are not used in mounting the veilside wing.

My bodyshop used a special rubber comb to take the stock wing off, and then used a soft buffer made to take the 3mm tape surfaces. They also used a special prep adheser to make sure the 3mm tape bonded correctly.

Last edited by Crase Z; 05-06-2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:55 AM
veilside z

Love the look -

My kit lands tomorrow in the UK

No front lip, or rear skirt though just side splitters & rear wing - we have too many speed bumps in the UK

Help me out here, can you post some more detail pics of the rear wing - FYI I've gone full FRP rather than CF.

Can the wing be fully painted off of the car & then installed? I haven't seen a piccie from overhead & it is hard to tell whether it is purely bolt-on or whether it is filled at all on to the hatch.

Thanks for your help - as many Photos & as much info as possible - please
Old 05-07-2003, 08:09 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Crase Z,

thanks for the info.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Welsh 350Z N

Crase Z,
Your car is beautiful man - one of my favorites. Love the kit, rims - subtle but strong. And what do you use to wax / polish that baby man – she is looking sweet ?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:36 PM
qirex

Craze....many props.

I've been between the nismo CF knockoff and the vS-1 like yours.

You just convinced me!!

It looks AMAZING.

Now, for a dumb question - are the pieces painter before or after?

Meaning...does the car need to be repainted for everything to match well??
Old 05-07-2003, 02:57 PM
Crase Z

Originally posted by Welsh 350Z N
Crase Z,
Your car is beautiful man - one of my favorites. Love the kit, rims - subtle but strong. And what do you use to wax / polish that baby man – she is looking sweet ?
I use mequires gold class wax. Thanks man.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:05 PM
Crase Z

Originally posted by qirex
Craze....many props.

I've been between the nismo CF knockoff and the vS-1 like yours.

You just convinced me!!

It looks AMAZING.

Now, for a dumb question - are the pieces painter before or after?

Meaning...does the car need to be repainted for everything to match well??
Honestly dont buy knock off kits they always are a nightmare. They take alot of work and money to make them look right. sometime they end up never looking right no mater what you do.

Yes paint the veiside pieces off the car. Body shops color march the body pieces to the color code on your car. You will not have to repaint the whole car.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Selski12

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for it Moodie!! Bust out the plastic and charge that sucker! LOL. Once you start, you cant stop!
Old 05-08-2003, 06:21 AM
Welsh 350Z N

I use mequires gold class wax.
That's good to know - I use Meg's Gold too ! I see so much Zaino talk on this forum it's nice to know that I'm not the only 'traditional' guy here and our cars certainly show that Meg's does a great job.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:11 AM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Default Hey Crase Z, one last question...

Do the veilside under wing come primered and ready to paint? I'd hate to order a wavy piece of fiber glass and have to primer it with 3 to 4 coats before painting. That's will cost me more than the kit then.....

Thanks.

M.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Crase Z

Default Re: Hey Crase Z, one last question...

Do the veilside under wing come primered and ready to paint? I'd hate to order a wavy piece of fiber glass and have to primer it with 3 to 4 coats before painting. That's will cost me more than the kit then.....

Thanks.

M.
The underside wing is raw. Any kit you get is going to have to be primed before painting so the paint will stick.

The fiberglass and carbonfiber from veilside is really good. Their pieces are molded in a vacumm process. They are no waves in or air bubbles in their fiberglass. It not like the cheap knock off kits that are riddled with these problems.

Veiside spent millions on their tooling molding machines. Thata why their kita are go for such a high price.

My bodyshop www.bodypros.com told me that they just primed and painted my Veilside kit and wing. No sanding or anything. There told me they are always impressed with real veiside products.

Quick Reply: Veilside Version 1 under side wings...question