Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Need Advice from the Pros!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024, 05:26 PM
x37v

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Advice from the Pros!?

What's up bois, my dream is to Drift a 350z Preferably call one mine. I was driving down from work and saw a Z sitting outside of a Mechanics shop...

I decided to give them a call the same day and find out some more info.

First thing the boss Man told me was that the car was not currently for sale as they didn't have the title nor the keys and asked me to wait at least two weeks before calling back.

I couldn't wait and the curiosity of it all got the best of me, I drove by the next week and decided to stop by the shop. I saw the Z just sitting there sad with the drivers side window down and chair folded.

I went inside of the shop, and saw Boss man sitting in the back. I told him I called a week ago and wanted some updates for what they were doing with the Z, He said "We still don't have the key and Title" but if you want it for 1k you can take it off my hands..

To me this is a dream offer, Like I said I don't need it as a daily Driver just want to bring out on track sometimes. Some back story to this car he added on was that the owner of it passed away.

As of now I have asked my JDM friend for advice and he said it sounds like a scam, I do trust his judgement but also don't want to miss out on an opportunity like this, I'd like to go back and at least try to start the car somehow "If that's even possible without the keys".

I really want the car but I also don't want a complete Paper Weight if any of you can spare some advice for me doesn't matter if it might be a "pain in the ***" willing to go trough all the processes & some loops to get the proper papers or the keys, I'm willing to get it all done. What should the next step be for me to Truly own my dream car!

Not a **** post in anyway this is a serious question for me, Please feel free to violate as long as you have a constructive answer to the question
The following users liked this post:
fbuser (Yesterday)
Old 07-04-2024, 06:13 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,299 Likes on 900 Posts

Welcome- but any car sale without a title or keys is not a sale at all. It's a complete waste of time.
Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM
bre240z

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

just wait and see if they end up getting keys/papers if not dont even bother
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,293 Likes on 1,017 Posts

Provide more details on the car … what year? What engine? What trim? Mileage?

As DK mentioned, you shouldnt buy a car without a title but you can… If you trust the mechanic that indeed it’s not stolen or anything like that. Get a bill of sale for sure. But plan on drama coming back when the estate comes after it … you may have a sheild of defense in-that the mechanic has a lien against it and the estate wont chase it … but it would be wise to see if you can find the person managing the estate to see if they will give you a green light to buy the car without further payment. The estate may just tell you to take it and it’s not worth their time/money.

Either way and everything here needs to be done in writing … no hand-shake deals…

And if you’re only going to drift it and you’ll never register it / drive it on public roadways than who cares? I have the title for my g35 and the last time it was registered was 2016 … and Im not going to register it bc I’ll have a ton of back-taxes and drama to deal with … it’s simply not worth it for a track-dedicated car.