Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Shops That Paint Kits Before They Ship?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
whitecel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Shops That Paint Kits Before They Ship?

Aside from evo-r, are there other companies that would paint the kit for you instead of having to get it and then paint it?

I'm wondering because I love the evo-r front lip, but wanted to go with different sides and rear. I would go locally, but $1000-$1300 seems kinda high to paint 2 lips and skirts. I had a full front and rear bumper + sides + installed for less than that.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
jrforrester

typically the reason you dont get it painted before hand is for two reasons: number one and most importantly is you want to be able to match the paint to your car.. while there is a paint code with every car, that only gets you close - its the job of a good body shop to really make it match well.... the second reason is that there is a good chance your nice new paint job is gonna get effed up in shipping, which would suck... oh and third, kits sometimes have to be "fit" to the car with some sanding and fiberglassing, so if its already painted, you aren't going to able to get a nice fit...hope that helps!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
350Z84

Originally Posted by jrforrester
typically the reason you dont get it painted before hand is for two reasons: number one and most importantly is you want to be able to match the paint to your car.. while there is a paint code with every car, that only gets you close - its the job of a good body shop to really make it match well.... the second reason is that there is a good chance your nice new paint job is gonna get effed up in shipping, which would suck... oh and third, kits sometimes have to be "fit" to the car with some sanding and fiberglassing, so if its already painted, you aren't going to able to get a nice fit...hope that helps!
+1
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

www.intensepower.com
Old 09-18-2007, 09:23 PM
whitecel

Thanks for the info. Figured if i'd buy a urethane kit, then it should be safe since you can't really change much with urethane. Just didn't want to deal with shops down here because they overcharge and don't really want to help you unless you know someone that works there