Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Liscense Plate Holders ( no drilling)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Backroad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front plate bracket

Originally posted by tekkensux
Thanks for the help guys. I'll look into zcar70's way of doing it since I dont have to drill a thing. If not I'll check on how that StrictlyZ thing works. Thanks again!
I ordered 2 plate frames and the front bracket from StrictlyZ.com early last week. The stuff arrived last Friday and the looks and quality are great! The front bracket has a post that screws right into the tow hook area. They even supplied chromed plastic bolt covers for the plate frames.

al
"gettin' there is half the fun."
Old 09-24-2003, 12:27 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Default Re: Front plate bracket

Originally posted by Backroad
I ordered 2 plate frames and the front bracket from StrictlyZ.com early last week. The stuff arrived last Friday and the looks and quality are great! The front bracket has a post that screws right into the tow hook area. They even supplied chromed plastic bolt covers for the plate frames.

al
Do you think that the plate protudes a little bit too much off of the front (from side view)? I saw the pic on the StrictlyZ site and thought so, but then again, seeing it in real life may render a different impression.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:57 PM
WashUJon

Audiopat's Zee Bracket on my Z: (got it from Strictly Z)

The quality is fantastic and I really didn't mind poking holes in the black grill plastic, rather than ruin the paint on the bumper cover.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:07 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Originally posted by WashUJon
Audiopat's Zee Bracket on my Z: (got it from Strictly Z)

The quality is fantastic and I really didn't mind poking holes in the black grill plastic, rather than ruin the paint on the bumper cover.
Thanks again for the endorsement...Unfortunately, StrictlyZ is no longer selling my 'Zee-Bracket' The have gone to the darkside with a design of their own that fits in the tow hook...something I originally considered but abandoned. The best internet source for the original 'Zee-Bracket' is still

www.CourtesyNissan.com

As I've said before..It's your car and your choice..I just happen to think the 'Zee-Bracket' is the best way to attach a front plate if you have to.....spread the love
Old 09-25-2003, 04:31 AM
Backroad

Default Re: Re: Front plate bracket

Originally posted by yobri
Do you think that the plate protudes a little bit too much off of the front (from side view)? I saw the pic on the StrictlyZ site and thought so, but then again, seeing it in real life may render a different impression.
At the center of the plate where it's screwed into the tow hook receptacle, the plate is 5/8" from the front body work. It's farther from the grillwork as the grill is inset from the bodywork. I don't find it offensive, particularly with the chromed Z plate frame that tops off the whole package.

al