Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 PM
TayTaythatsme04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first off, from the looks of the picture you posted and from experience with a couple of CF lips I sure that will fit.

Now I've dealt with Jim on many different occasions and spent a good amount of money with him. At times I've had to wait for some things I've ordered but thats just the way it goes when dealing with aftermarket parts. Sometimes things aren't ready when they were supposed to be or stuff is on backorder.

Now is he the greatest at returning PMs . . . I usually get responses with in a day. The guy can't be on here every all day every day. So I've never really had that problem. And as somebody else said, he has a very good Itrader rating. It just seems like if somebody has had a problem with Jim, the first thing they do is start a thread about it. But thats just my

Maybe he should hire a really hot secretary

T

Last edited by TayTaythatsme04; 12-26-2007 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:25 AM
slowxturtle

Seems like everyone is saying it will fit. I know it didn't work for you or your authorized dealer, but maybe you need a new shop or a new group of heads to figure out the best way to force it in. I'd suggest finding someone who put the same lip on their car to help you out.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:35 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The funny thing about vendors on here, they have more to lose by scamming some one person than they possible could gain. $365 with his markup is probably not going to be much. When selling parts is your bread and butter, screwing one customer over is death waiting to happen. Thus, I don't see a reason why Jim would try to scam you.

I am biased, but I have also left my $42K Roadster in Jim hands for a month while they prototyped parts. Keep in mind, I'm in Vegas, so it's not like I could pop into the shop and see my car in socal. Truthfully, if Jim was out to truly scam, a $42K roadster probably would far fetched a better gain than a $400 lip...

BTW, that lip does not look abnormal. I'm actually pretty sure that's what most lips look like when they are just help up to the bumper.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also I can not comment on what was said between Chuck and the OP's father but I stopped returning your PM's because there was nothing else to discuss. I told your from the beginning that if you shipped the lip back, I would replace it. You wanted me to pay for shipping both ways, and I'm not willing to do that. This is when you started to have your dad call the shop and speak to Chuck and opened your paypal claim. Now that you claim was denied you posted this thread...pretty convenient.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:05 AM
shadykilla717

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Also I can not comment on what was said between Chuck and the OP's father but I stopped returning your PM's because there was nothing else to discuss. I told your from the beginning that if you shipped the lip back, I would replace it. You wanted me to pay for shipping both ways, and I'm not willing to do that. This is when you started to have your dad call the shop and speak to Chuck and opened your paypal claim. Now that you claim was denied you posted this thread...pretty convenient.
In Jims defense Kind of. ANd the Op defense. On civic forums I've heard of Showstoppers parts not always fitting.. Buuuut.. Back to Jims defense.. I never dealt with Jim. I've always dealt with Chuck for my civic. On the ep forum I'm on Chuck always pm'd me bck the next day the latest.. He even gave me the number to the shop to call. I might have spoke to Jim once and he had chuck call me back cuz I needed to speak to chuck and chuck called back.. I know Showstoppers tends to be very slow at times to ship and stuff. But they are pretty good with there stuff.... I think there might be more to this then stated.... But for the lip not fitting. I have heard those stories with them before.. Buuut in fairness. OP should pay to ship back and Showstoppers atleast pay to ship it bck to OP.... Guys be peaceful.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:46 AM
jperleon

Look the fact is this is what I wanted for my car. I waited to get it and I did, now why wouldn't I want this on my car? I DO, but it doesn't fit. Like I said there have been many and multiple attempts at trying this. And isn't it pretty convenient that you only started talking to me once this thread was posted? I mean you ignored my emails and phone calls? It took a negative iTrader rating a thread to get you to deal with me. Once again why would I pay for shipping when your company already agreed with paying the return? That doesn't change the fact that you lied about calling DHL does it? Seems pretty ignorant that you would just ignore me because YOU think is nothing left to discuss. and trust me I can take this out of paypal and dont think I wont.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Nothing but good experiences with Jim for me. Jim you're the man!

Sorry some people think they are God's gift to the Earth and think the issues with ordering aftermarket parts don't apply to them.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:57 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by jperleon
Look the fact is this is what I wanted for my car. I waited to get it and I did, now why wouldn't I want this on my car? I DO, but it doesn't fit. Like I said there have been many and multiple attempts at trying this. And isn't it pretty convenient that you only started talking to me once this thread was posted? I mean you ignored my emails and phone calls? It took a negative iTrader rating a thread to get you to deal with me. Once again why would I pay for shipping when your company already agreed with paying the return? That doesn't change the fact that you lied about calling DHL does it? Seems pretty ignorant that you would just ignore me because YOU think is nothing left to discuss. and trust me I can take this out of paypal and dont think I wont.

Again, I stopped responding to you because you refused to work out an agreement on the shipping then filed your paypal claim. There is nothing left to discuss after you file a claim. I offered to replace your lip with shipping the new lip being covered by myself. Seibon, Myself, and members on this forum all agree there is nothing wrong with that lip from the pictures. We never agreed to pay for return shipping. When you first called Chuck, you told him I agreed to pay for return shipping, which was clearly a lie. Chuck was unaware that I never agreed to pay for return shipping and hadn't seen the pictures so he agreed to give the carrier a call. I've stated from the start that the lip looks normal, and that I will not pay $150 in shipping charges just to get the same outcome.

I already agreed to eat $75 for shipping you a new lip before you decided to make this thread. You should have taken that offer when it was on the table. You can try to bad mouth myself and our company all you want but our feedback on this forum speaks volumes. I'm not denying we have had issues in the past with Seibon products, but if you go back and look at those threads every single customer was satisified in the end. When I feel there is a legitimate claim I will take care of it. I've had to dish out $2,000 out of my own pocket to help fix some of these issues. Judging from your pictures (which is all I have to go off) there is nothing wrong with your lip and I don't feel it's a legitimate claim.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 12-27-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:01 AM
azula

bad situation
Old 12-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04

Maybe he should hire a really hot secretary

T

Are you saying I'm not hot enough for you

And I thought my man ***** were sexy !
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Changvi

I've had nothing but good experiences with Jim. OP, i think you should just work it out with Jim instead of posting uneccessary claims.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Shamshe

Thumbs up

Are you saying I'm not hot enough for you

And I thought my man ***** were sexy !
moobs are hawt!

JK JK
Old 12-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Delako

Ship the lip back. If the shop cant get it to fit on another 350z then the shop should pay for all shipping and send out a new lip. If the shop DOES get it to fit then the buyer pays for all the additional shipping and gets the lip back.

Sound good? Now lets all hug.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Shamshe

Originally Posted by Delako
Ship the lip back. If the shop cant get it to fit on another 350z then the shop should pay for all shipping and send out a new lip. If the shop DOES get it to fit then the buyer pays for all the additional shipping and gets the lip back.

Sound good? Now lets all hug.
+1
Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 AM
ghost

This really shouldn't be in Exterior & Interior.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:39 AM
ToXiC

+1 jim is the man cool guy
Old 12-27-2007, 07:41 AM
jimmyloose

Sack up and mount that isht. Lame thread.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 AM
kspec

i feel scared buying from sponsors online... too many stories on both sides.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Again, I stopped responding to you because you refused to work out an agreement on the shipping then filed your paypal claim. There is nothing left to discuss after you file a claim. I offered to replace your lip with shipping the new lip being covered by myself. Seibon, Myself, and members on this forum all agree there is nothing wrong with that lip from the pictures. We never agreed to pay for return shipping. When you first called Chuck, you told him I agreed to pay for return shipping, which was clearly a lie. Chuck was unaware that I never agreed to pay for return shipping and hadn't seen the pictures so he agreed to give the carrier a call. I've stated from the start that the lip looks normal, and that I will not pay $150 in shipping charges just to get the same outcome.

I already agreed to eat $75 for shipping you a new lip before you decided to make this thread. You should have taken that offer when it was on the table. You can try to bad mouth myself and our company all you want but our feedback on this forum speaks volumes. I'm not denying we have had issues in the past with Seibon products, but if you go back and look at those threads every single customer was satisified in the end. When I feel there is a legitimate claim I will take care of it. I've had to dish out $2,000 out of my own pocket to help fix some of these issues. Judging from your pictures (which is all I have to go off) there is nothing wrong with your lip and I don't feel it's a legitimate claim.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:54 AM
JZurita

I can believe the part about not getting any PM responses. When I was looking for the EvoTT I sent severaly PM's with no replies. After a few weeks I ended up buying the exhaust and delivery was pretty quick and looks like everything is in good condition. I would recommend taking it to a different shop and getting a second opinion.

Quick Reply: Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN