Old 01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more pics. Should have dusted that light off first... lol

Old 01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
sahib

that looks really clean. are you using one led that can get diff colors or multiple LEDs? Im sure there is an LED that can turn diff colors, kinda like in the Blackberry pearl which can change colors in the lil track ball...

Would you mind turnin the lights off and then takin a pic?? js curious to c how it would look...
Old 01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Sure, I can do that. But you can't see anything. Looks as if there's nothing there. And i'm using mutiple LED's just because that's what I have laying around. I can put these in your blinkers too (obviously). Or anywhere for that matter???
Old 01-23-2008, 06:19 PM
sahib

thats awesome...i guess i have a lil time to think where i want them...can you do LED strips?? kinda like the 07+ 5 series rear lights...i dunno if youve seen em...
Attached Thumbnails is this possible; if so, how?-bmw5series3.jpg  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

No, I haven't seen those before, but WOW! Those look pretty sweet. I'm sure I could create something like that? Never thought about it before?? Give me a few days to come up with something and get it made. I'll post pics of what i've come up with. Now you've got my wheels turning!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:39 PM
redlude97

If your plan is to simply install LED's in the projectors, don't expect them to last long at all
Old 01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
sahib

lol im glad...i think that looks really REALLY clean! i was just thinking of that because in the 06 the side of the HID lens there are lil strips and you can put them in there...but then again there are many places you can put them...js some imagination needed which alot of us HAVE!
Attached Thumbnails is this possible; if so, how?-4833_043_320x240.jpg  
Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
sahib

Originally Posted by redlude97
If your plan is to simply install LED's in the projectors, don't expect them to last long at all
Why is that? LEDs have a LOOONGG life span...i think like 25years
Old 01-23-2008, 07:07 PM
sahib

also...IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN THIS AND WOULDNT MIND VOLUNTEERING THEIR HEADLIGHTS PLEASE LET sumrwho KNOW...! NO NEED TO WORRY HE IS A PRO AT THIS...! IM SERIOUS, THATS LITERALLY WHAT HE WORKS WITH, LEDs.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

Lol.. Thanks, but that's not really what I do. As an GA avionics tech, I tear out the cockpits of planes and upgrade them with many many thousands of dollars of avionics and custom equipment. I use LEDs to assist with cockpit/cabin lighting and other sorts of custom use. So I wouldn't say i'm a pro with LED's, but I can wire and solder them like you wouldn't believe. haha..
Old 01-23-2008, 07:30 PM
sahib

Originally Posted by Subrwho
Lol.. Thanks, but that's not really what I do. As an GA avionics tech, I tear out the cockpits of planes and upgrade them with many many thousands of dollars of avionics and custom equipment. I use LEDs to assist with cockpit/cabin lighting and other sorts of custom use. So I wouldn't say i'm a pro with LED's, but I can wire and solder them like you wouldn't believe. haha..
lol, regardless ur an expert. and you will be the person i call for my LED experiments for the Z...haha
Old 01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Greedy4nismo

quite the interesting project...interested to see maybe 3-5 led's behind the Z's 06 projector lens with low lighting
Old 01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
sahib

Originally Posted by Greedy4nismo
quite the interesting project...interested to see maybe 3-5 led's behind the Z's 06 projector lens with low lighting
yea thats pretty much what i was thinking, i think it'll give it a much more aggressive look, esp with red eyeballs...lol...another cool lil mod to add to the list i guess... :-)
Old 01-23-2008, 08:26 PM
moforeynolds

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sahib
also...IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN THIS AND WOULDNT MIND VOLUNTEERING THEIR HEADLIGHTS PLEASE LET sumrwho KNOW...! NO NEED TO WORRY HE IS A PRO AT THIS...! IM SERIOUS, THATS LITERALLY WHAT HE WORKS WITH, LEDs.

subrwho, I JUST PM'd you yesterday about painting my 04 HID headlights...I might be interested in volunteering my headlights for this, my car goes in to the shop at the end of next week for 6 days so I'm not going to have it anyway. You say that I can control the color change? I'd really only want to be able to switch it to red, but hey, whatever
Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
sahib

Originally Posted by moforeynolds
subrwho, I JUST PM'd you yesterday about painting my 04 HID headlights...I might be interested in volunteering my headlights for this, my car goes in to the shop at the end of next week for 6 days so I'm not going to have it anyway. You say that I can control the color change? I'd really only want to be able to switch it to red, but hey, whatever
wow fast response! subrwho...i really wanna c what they look like!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:45 PM
350ZPK

Halo's ...let me know bro lol
Old 01-24-2008, 04:21 AM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

The painting and Halo's I can do anytime. Anything with the LED's, I'll either need to buy a used set off someone, or get a volunteer set for which i'll do the work for free. It'd be nice to have a set to hold onto for a while and try out some new ideas using rows of LED's and various colors. Also, after seeing that tail light, that's something that looks like i'd like to try out too! Never done a tail light before!!

Either way, I'll start putting together something with the parts I have laying around my condo just to get a head start. And yes, i'll be sure to post pictures and possible video for something you'll have a controller for. Anybody else have some ideas they'd like to see get done??
Old 01-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Shamshe

Originally Posted by sahib
thats awesome...i guess i have a lil time to think where i want them...can you do LED strips?? kinda like the 07+ 5 series rear lights...i dunno if youve seen em...
this is of a BWM if im not mistaken.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:15 AM
sahib

Originally Posted by Shamshe
this is of a BWM if im not mistaken.
yea thats why i said the 5 series...as in the 5 series BMW...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Nic@CiNcity
Banned

I didn't even catch that 5 series part. The whole time I was thinking they were Subaru tails. They do have a Subaruesk look right? Or is that just me? Anyway, they're HOT!!