Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue tape question....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:01 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wait wait. .im kind of lost. .your worried about driving the car and getting SUN problems? or say ROCK damage?

cause when the cars in motion and airs hitting the bumper i dont think you'll get sun issues. .plus todays paint/clear's pretty good although i've been told stock paint jobs are the best for weather resisting damage, and de bree damage as well.

i mean isnt it the same driving it around where u live now as opposed to driving it on a long trip? cars still seeing sun isnt it?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jcleary47
Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, it doesn't really matter what it is, some people love their cars and don't want to have to deal with things down the road, and want it always looking its best. A car is an investment.

If you can really blame him for that, I'd second guess yourself before second guessing him.
Thank you. Some of these guys can be more than happy to help me pay my other mid 20's dollar cars since it's just a Nissan. Whilel the guy who doesn't care and has to repaint his bumper/hood down the road, i can save myself the extra 500-800 for paint by just taking extra precaution.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:23 AM
DraGonAlchemist

haha. .peeps are all funny. .

hey did you know in order to purchase a McLaren F1 you have to sign a contract to drive the car certain amount of miles a year so it doesn't become a collectors item/ and you cannot resell the car at all, if you want to get rid of it McLaren takes it back refurbishes it and resells it. .

hence why i think Jay Leno did not get approved to buy one. .he's a Collector!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:27 PM
bam025

Sorry I try to take car of my ferrari...I mean Nissan. I just had my front re-painted 3 weeks ago, and would like to keep it looking good. And no "driving it around town" is not the same as driving it on long trips. (ie) interstate driving 70-85 mph and getting stuck behind an 18 wheeler sucks for paint chips.
Dragon--if you would like to come change my front bumper, my oil, go to work for me on Thursday morning, to class from 1pm-8pm, and take 3 finals that would be great. Point is I need something quick to take care of my front bumper that I just had re-painted, and don't have a lot time to **** around with.
Thxs for all the help.

Last edited by bam025; 02-13-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by bam025
Sorry I try to take car of my ferrari...I mean Nissan. I just had my front re-painted 3 weeks ago, and would like to keep it looking good. And no "driving it around town" is not the same as driving it on long trips. (ie) interstate driving 70-85 mph and getting stuck behind an 18 wheeler sucks for paint chips.
Dragon--if you would like to come change my front bumper, my oil, go to work for me on Thursday morning, to class from 1pm-8pm, and take 3 finals that would be great. Point is I need something quick to take care of my front bumper that I just had re-painted, and don't have a lot time to **** around with.
Thxs for all the help.
well damn why didnt you say i'd have a vacation. .. i'll be right over. .haha!!
yeah i hear u on thr 18 wheeler's. .thats why i just whip past em when i get chances. . .
Old 02-13-2008, 04:34 PM
JonnyRod

Originally Posted by Djnaz
has anyone atually tried this stuff?
Old 02-13-2008, 07:06 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bam025
Thxs for all the help.
yup, people don't understand long trips on the freeway. At night, i swear that 18 wheels go 100mph and more. The average speed when i went cross country was 90 mph and everyone was passing me. That kind of tells you what's going on.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:18 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
yup, people don't understand long trips on the freeway. At night, i swear that 18 wheels go 100mph and more. The average speed when i went cross country was 90 mph and everyone was passing me. That kind of tells you what's going on.
usually i try to drive somewhat nice and normal., .but something takes over when i drive that i end up trying to beat the pack to get out front as so no one can fling things at my car from the road.
I don't know what it is but lately people have been moving out of the way when in the fast lane. ..driving has been good past few weeks. .
and yes i do have a few new chips on my new painted bumper, but hey thats life. . .I do care as you all do. .but if i were to freak out about it all the time i'd go ****ing nuts. .and i'd end up broke!!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 AM
OPTIMO

A car is an investment.
You failed Economics 101.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:35 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by OPTIMO

hahahah. . investments make you money. .cars take your money. .
Old 02-14-2008, 05:08 PM
old_s13

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
haha. .peeps are all funny. .

hey did you know in order to purchase a McLaren F1 you have to sign a contract to drive the car certain amount of miles a year so it doesn't become a collectors item/ and you cannot resell the car at all, if you want to get rid of it McLaren takes it back refurbishes it and resells it. .

hence why i think Jay Leno did not get approved to buy one. .he's a Collector!
then why does he have one in his garage?

dude, when you have that kind of money - no one tells you what to do with your car, let alone how many miles to put on it per year
Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM
old_s13

Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, it doesn't really matter what it is, some people love their cars and don't want to have to deal with things down the road, and want it always looking its best. A car is an investment.

worst................ quote................... EVER

let me be the one to remind you, that if you guy and buy a new BMW M6, drive it off the lot and try to sell it - you LOSE quite a bit of money off of sticker.

Now, say 10 years pass... the car will still depreciate.

Now, you tell me how thats an investment

dont tase me, bro. ;-)
Old 02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by old_s13
then why does he have one in his garage?

dude, when you have that kind of money - no one tells you what to do with your car, let alone how many miles to put on it per year

maybe now a days he's got one. but when it 1st was introduced thats how it was. .it has been out quite a while now. .
Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by OPTIMO
+100

Cars are consumerable, whether you lose $1100 per month or $2100 per month, it NEVER pays you back. So again... **** it.... it's a Nissan.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
+100

Cars are consumerable, whether you lose $1100 per month or $2100 per month, it NEVER pays you back. So again... **** it.... it's a Nissan.

YE YE!!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by old_s13
worst................ quote................... EVER

let me be the one to remind you, that if you guy and buy a new BMW M6, drive it off the lot and try to sell it - you LOSE quite a bit of money off of sticker.

Now, say 10 years pass... the car will still depreciate.

Now, you tell me how thats an investment

dont tase me, bro. ;-)
That's because you aren't "getting" it. You think investments are only expressed in terms of dollars and cents? What about time and effort? Is that not an investment? I take pride in being a detailing fanatic and spend hours every week making my car look great. With all that time, effort, and money (buy boutique detailing supplies and tell me what they ran you) invested in it, I would be a fool not to desire for it to remain chip, ding, dent and mar free and doing everything I can to insure just that.

Think before you post. Just because you don't understand where someone is coming from does not give you the right to flame them.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:31 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by usmanasif
That's because you aren't "getting" it. You think investments are only expressed in terms of dollars and cents? What about time and effort? Is that not an investment? I take pride in being a detailing fanatic and spend hours every week making my car look great. With all that time, effort, and money (buy boutique detailing supplies and tell me what they ran you) invested in it, I would be a fool not to desire for it to remain chip, ding, dent and mar free and doing everything I can to insure just that.

Think before you post. Just because you don't understand where someone is coming from does not give you the right to flame them.
do you know the meaning on investment?

[1] is a term with several closely-related meanings in business management, finance and economics, related to saving or deferring consumption. An asset is usually purchased, or equivalently a deposit is made in a bank, in hopes of getting a future return or interest from it. The word originates in the Latin "vestis", meaning garment, and refers to the act of putting things (money or other claims to resources) into others' pockets.

Z's not making you an investment. .actually your the investment for the Z. ..but hey do as you wish if thats what makes you happy man! Who are we to argue. . .so More power to you!!!

you probably fit that Latin meaning though. .of putting $ into other's pockets. .haha!!!

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 02-15-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL! I always find "definition wars" very amusing as something as easy to prove as a definition should leave no room to argue. But the concept of double meanings can be lost on some folks I guess...

If you really think that investing time and effort isn't really an "investment" then you must have a lot of free time (hence to you it has no value, and no prospect of "investment") and I honestly don't know what to tell you...Besides, in the context of this thread, if the OP ends up with chipped and dinged paint on his drive, it would directly impact his car's (i.e. "investment") value, thereby satisfying your myopic definition as well.

Good enough?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Shawn_z

Originally Posted by sean1967
I would have guessed red.
+1
Old 02-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Bolaz

If you can really blame him for that, I'd second guess yourself before second guessing him.
Since when is a car built in 02 and up and investment?

i just loled at that one!!!