Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:39 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz

Last year I put on a Veilside V1 front lip and GReddy sides, and now I am looking to finish the thing off with a rear skirt but I am having trouble coming up with anything that works. The ones I keep coming back to are Nismo, Ings LX or JP (type A I think, with the little mesh parts on each side). Here are some pictures of the car as it is now, maybe you guys can make some suggestions. I also have the Fujitsubo exhaust which has a pretty large rear muffler hanging down, the rear skirt should balance that out a bit.

Photoshoppers are welcome too. I will upload some pictures of the rear of the car when I get home tonight, but this is all I have available at work:

Here is the car from the front, so you can try to picture what might flow with it as you go to the back:

Last edited by sry110; 02-19-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior/336403-fs-mastergrade-ts-defuser.html
^That's the one you need

If not I would just stick with the nismo rears
Old 02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
usmanasif

I have genuine Veilside V1 rear lip with my Greddy sides. I am thinking of changing up the look a bit this spring when car emerges from storage. So even though V1 isn't on your list, if you are interested, PM me or watch the FS section next month. That lip is a nice subtle change for the rear that relatively, costs next to nothing to paint and install.

EDIT: I see that your Greddy sides have the FG "waves" as well. I have no idea why Greddy did that but it annoys the hell out of me as they stick out like a sore thumb when compared to the smooth-as-glass sheet metal of the car. I will have my body shop smooth out and repaint mine when I go to get my new front and rear painted.

Last edited by usmanasif; 02-19-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:22 AM
zMOSESz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CF Rear Diffuser would look pretty nice ^^ lol
Old 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
german_tuning

ELIA or Strosek
Attached Thumbnails Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-350z-silber.jpg   Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-strosek.jpg  
Old 02-19-2008, 03:31 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by german_tuning
ELIA or Strosek
I also have the veilside v1 lip & greddy sides....the Elia looks great!
So far it's the choice for me!
Attached Thumbnails Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-eli_diffuser3.jpg   Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-eli_diffuser2.jpg   Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-elia_diffuser1.jpg  
Old 02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ELIA or Strosek
I also have the veilside v1 lip & greddy sides....the Elia looks great!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 PM
sry110

I kind of like the Elia too, but the muffler tip cutouts are rectangular which works for the quad tips, but maybe not so much for two round tips. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:15 AM
sry110

* BUMP * I'm looking for anyone to post pictures of a specific combination, Fujitsubo exhaust with Nismo rears (JDM rears preferable). Anyone got it?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:43 AM
german_tuning

Originally Posted by sry110
I kind of like the Elia too, but the muffler tip cutouts are rectangular which works for the quad tips, but maybe not so much for two round tips. Thanks for all the suggestions, keep them coming!
the Elia rearskirt comes uncut, so you can choose how big the cutouts should be.
So it wont fit only the quad or something...

pics >
Attached Thumbnails Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-350zrear-middle-klein.jpg   Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-350zrear-side-klein.jpg   Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-350zrear-top-klein.jpg  
Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 AM
sry110

the Elia rearskirt comes uncut, so you can choose how big the cutouts should be.
So it wont fit only the quad or something...

pics >
hmmmm....interesting! Any reports on how well this piece fits right out of the box, i.e. is any modification required to achieve a good fit? That's one place where the Nismo rears are attractive, I bet they're easy to fit and they fit right every time.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 AM
THE ROADSTER

I got Greddy sides with Veilside rear.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:07 AM
german_tuning

Originally Posted by sry110
hmmmm....interesting! Any reports on how well this piece fits right out of the box, i.e. is any modification required to achieve a good fit? That's one place where the Nismo rears are attractive, I bet they're easy to fit and they fit right every time.
I have it on my Z and it fits very well, i'd buy again.

my Z >
Attached Thumbnails Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-mine-elia-z1.jpg   Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz-elia-front-skirt-klein.jpg  
Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by THE ROADSTER
I got Greddy sides with Veilside rear.

That's the first time i've seen that rear bumper and actually liked it. I have considered an entire rear bumper, but a few reasons keep me from doing it, i.e. cost (just bought a house so money is tighter than it used to be), and time. Since I don't have a second car, I will be without transportation for a few days at least while the shop test fits, paints and installs the bumper. With a rear skirt I can avoid all of that down time by installing it myself. I wouldn't be really confident installing the rear bumper and making it fit right.

Off topic, but how is the fit of your passenger side skirt at the top corner where it meets the door jam? Mine sticks out a bit and I can't figure out how to get it to sit flush with the side of the car / door. I can't tell from the angle of your picture whether you have the same issue.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:38 AM
THE ROADSTER

outside fits good, inside there is a little gap.

I like this rear, because it it one piece bumber and makes the car look a little lower without lowering the car.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by Reality350
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336403
^That's the one you need

If not I would just stick with the nismo rears
Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
LOL thanks Jim, but you must have missed the part where I said I didn't have a lot of money to spend Plus, I think that piece might be a little too aggressive for the rest of the car. I feel like with all that show I need a little more go....I dunno, that might just be me.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Allen331

Have you thought about the greddy rear skirt? I don't know, but it seems to go with the greddy sides in my opinion. I personally like the nismo rear pieces, but sometimes i think about it, and it's 400 dollars for two little pieces slapped onto the rear. If you wan to spend a bit more, you can always try the ings n-spec rear.

Like others have said, the nismo rears are always a safe bet, but i don't think they flow too well with the greddy sides.

The Elia rear skirt looks really nice, anyone know where to get this?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by Allen331
Have you thought about the greddy rear skirt? I don't know, but it seems to go with the greddy sides in my opinion. I personally like the nismo rear pieces, but sometimes i think about it, and it's 400 dollars for two little pieces slapped onto the rear. If you wan to spend a bit more, you can always try the ings n-spec rear.

Like others have said, the nismo rears are always a safe bet, but i don't think they flow too well with the greddy sides.

The Elia rear skirt looks really nice, anyone know where to get this?
I agree, $400 is hard to stomach for such small pieces. As far as the Greddy rear goes, I haven't seen a picture of it yet that I liked, not to mention my greddy sides really didn't fit well (I'm told this is a very rare occurrence, must have been a bad batch) but nevertheless I don't have a lot of faith in their aero parts fitment based on my experience.

Does ings have an n-spec rear skirt, or just full bumper?
Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 AM
BlackWidowZ

^^^Elia rear skirt at advancedracetechnology.net. PM Paulgt2 one of the vendors on this site. He's finalizing the order to order parts from Germany.
The rear skirt is also made of polyurethane

Quick Reply: Rear Skirt Suggestions Plz