Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
anybody ever tried Carbon Creations?
HORRIBLE quality and fitment.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Ivory

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T_K
Just to add to number 3, I think it goes into a vacuum oven of some sort so the boiling point of the resin lowers and is "boiled" off.

TK

It's heated/Pressurized and Vacuumed. Those ovens can be as tall as the length of a car.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:40 PM
The Captain

anybody ever tried Carbon Creations?
Don't do it. TERRIBLE fitment. Absolutely the worst money I've seen spent. (Neighbor/friend purchased) Two shops refused to install it since the fitment was just so bad and they didn't want to give out bad quality work (My neighbor and I tried as well, and it doesn't even line up correctly -- It's almost as if the front bumper they sold him was made by laying CF on the inside of a stock bumper. Too small and it didn't even have the top bolt spots where it attaches to the brace under the fender. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!)

***Sorry for the rant -- Skip if you don't want to read***

Obviously this isn't a carbon creations bumper, but I'm explaining what was wrong the one they sent to my friend.

Green = Weave was terrible. The molding was uneven, had to be sanded to even sit flush under the headlamp. The left side headlamp slot was about 1/2" smaller than the right. More modding needed.

Pink = Terrible mounting options for ANYTHING. You have to glue it or bolt directly into the front / back of the bumper to attach anything to the reflector slots.

Blue = The angle of the left side bumper was too sharp! A heat gun had to be used to weaken the point and pull it out slightly to have it correctly line up with fender and brackets. Even then the fitment still look terrible.

Red = This mounting bracket DID NOT EXIST. The right side did have a bracket, it even had holes drilled. Terrible QA.

CC is not even average quality.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:43 PM
JRYAN350Z

If your looking for good fitment and quality CF Mastergrade is the way to go.. Top Secret also being a close second..Thats from my experiances anyway
Old 02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
MaRbLe

My Top Secret, C-West and Craft Square parts a pretty dman flawless. Fitment is excellent....
Old 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju

only top secret for me
Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Changvi

Hmmm.......i would say either Asuka or Mastergrade for exterior. Top Secret is very nice, but kind of on the pricey side though...

Last edited by Changvi; 02-29-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

It's the biggest misconception that the authentic JDM carbon is the best quality but its not. No doubt that the fitment is like no other and will fit as perfect as O.E.M but the quality of the carbon and the construction process itself isn't that great. I would say that Seibon probably has a better quality carbon than the real JDM stuff but the fitment is hit or miss. By far to this day, ASUKA Designs is by far the highest quality carbon products I've seen and it fits just as well as the JDM stuff. We just need for them to make a come back.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
GHOST1207

ok, stay away from Carbon Creations at all costs

Thanks guys
Old 03-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Seibon has better construction? Than what? It's heavy as hell, prone to cracking, no 2 ever fit the same. How is that good construction? Is it better than some?

I've seen Asuka stuff up close and personal - also hit or miss. Some stuff looked very well done, but again, it was inconsistent. Their 2 sema cars were perfect examples (the all carbon body one and the Cusco one). The weaves looked nicely done and even, but the fitment was mediocre. Most customers don't really know what they are looking at anyway, so that's why with any of the avg. quality parts, you don't hear too many issues.

I'm not saying that "JDM" is best, as we all know it doesn't take a Japanese person to crank out quality parts (the best parts come from ALL over the world)....but firms like C West, for example, are not overly priced relative to the quality of the product you get. Expensive? Yes - certainly not cheap. But quality tends to come at a price in the world of aftermarket. Alot of this stuff is, of course relative, as not every company has the budget to crank out new mold after new mold to ensure consistency

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 03-01-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i got vertex, varis, vis and cwest on cf parts ... i felt the quality on all was good
Old 03-01-2008, 02:50 PM
DelayedZ

Military grade carbon fiber, but we can't touch the stuff :P
Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Seibon has better construction? Than what? It's heavy as hell, prone to cracking, no 2 ever fit the same. How is that good construction? Is it better than some?

I've seen Asuka stuff up close and personal - also hit or miss. Some stuff looked very well done, but again, it was inconsistent. Their 2 sema cars were perfect examples (the all carbon body one and the Cusco one). The weaves looked nicely done and even, but the fitment was mediocre. Most customers don't really know what they are looking at anyway, so that's why with any of the avg. quality parts, you don't hear too many issues.

I'm not saying that "JDM" is best, as we all know it doesn't take a Japanese person to crank out quality parts (the best parts come from ALL over the world)....but firms like C West, for example, are not overly priced relative to the quality of the product you get. Expensive? Yes - certainly not cheap. But quality tends to come at a price in the world of aftermarket. Alot of this stuff is, of course relative, as not every company has the budget to crank out new mold after new mold to ensure consistency
You are completely off from my statement. I never said the construction of Seibon carbon is better - and I agree with your statement. Prone to cracking, inconsistency with fitment and very heavy.

The SEMA cars you are talking about was done with the pressure's of deadlines with SEMA as I'm sure you are more than familiar with. But both CUSCO and Nick Hogan was more than happy with the end-result and both these names have well enough knowledge to know the differences betwen good and poor quality body parts. With the earlier production stuff that came out in the beginning, all the products that had fitment problems never went into circulation and ask any ASUKA owner on this forum and see what they think of the fitment and overall quality. Almost all of them were previous Seibon owners as well.

When it comes to the carbon game, the JDM stuff disappoints me. Top Secret, ings+1, Varis, etc have all been pretty disappointing to my standards. The construction is great, the fitment is great, but the quality of the carbon itself as well as the weaves and how its laid and cut is not impressive at all. C-West is probably one of the only JDM manufacturers that produce quality carbon fiber. Their versatile range of different carbon construction amazes me, polyester to honey comb construction, its astounding what they can do.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by DelayedZ
Military grade carbon fiber, but we can't touch the stuff :P
We'll have to break into NASA.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
You are completely off from my statement. I never said the construction of Seibon carbon is better - and I agree with your statement. Prone to cracking, inconsistency with fitment and very heavy.

The SEMA cars you are talking about was done with the pressure's of deadlines with SEMA as I'm sure you are more than familiar with. But both CUSCO and Nick Hogan was more than happy with the end-result and both these names have well enough knowledge to know the differences betwen good and poor quality body parts. With the earlier production stuff that came out in the beginning, all the products that had fitment problems never went into circulation and ask any ASUKA owner on this forum and see what they think of the fitment and overall quality. Almost all of them were previous Seibon owners as well.

When it comes to the carbon game, the JDM stuff disappoints me. Top Secret, ings+1, Varis, etc have all been pretty disappointing to my standards. The construction is great, the fitment is great, but the quality of the carbon itself as well as the weaves and how its laid and cut is not impressive at all. C-West is probably one of the only JDM manufacturers that produce quality carbon fiber. Their versatile range of different carbon construction amazes me, polyester to honey comb construction, its astounding what they can do.

I couldn't agree more with Andy !
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
RAGE

Originally Posted by JRYAN350Z
If your looking for good fitment and quality CF Mastergrade is the way to go.. Top Secret also being a close second..Thats from my experiances anyway
I agree, Mastergrade for domestic..Top Secret for International
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I agree with Andy on the Asuka parts.

I installed Fenders, at home, by myself. no fitment issues whatsoever. then I installed Asuka front bumper, roof, hood, apilars, etc.. ALL.. without fitment issues.

My siebon hatch fitment sucks.

My TopSecret Diffuser carbon looked like a work of art imho.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i've seen it all.. carbon creations, seibon, fiberimages, top secret, cwest, ings, varis...

Top Secret's CF is nice. but they use the shittiest resin possible. yellows/hazes quick. no UV protection. of the JDM brands i'd say Varis, INGs and then Cwest, and TS last.

US mfg: Fiberimages were the best until their management/sloppy business killed them. Asuka/Mastergrade stuff is very nice.. seibon is in the middle. so so quality.. last would be carbon creations or VIS. they suck.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Changvi

I would have to vouch for Asuka and Mastergrade products. I have Mastergrade hatch from Jim and Asuka Cf hood from Andy. Fitment on the hood is absolutely fabulous, as well as the Mastergrade hatch. I could not agree more with Andy....