Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Roadster passenger airbag

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
pplanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Roadster passenger airbag

This may have been discussed but I can't find a clear answer. My wife had her 07 Roadster Touring passenger seat changed from frost to black. Only seat cover changed. Everything works (power, heater, top auto-move). I managed to cancel the blinking light on the instrument panel but the Pass. airbag OFF light is intermittantly on/off and most of the time remains ON when someone is seated in the pass seat. We suspected the weight sensor pad and had the seat cover taken off and reinstalled with no success. Is there a NISMO gadget available for the 07 (different plug) and will it keep the pass airbag active (whichis what my wife wants).
Old 03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Advent7

she wants to keep the passenger airbag active even if no one is in it?

This makes no sense to me cause it's not going to do one thing if the airbag goes off in an accident and there's no one sitting in that seat.

Maybe if you get the resistor or make one yourself by buying some at radioshack it will dummy the weight sensor and make the air bags work all the time. I believe that's how they work when people install their after market seats.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 AM
pplanner

Originally Posted by Advent7
she wants to keep the passenger airbag active even if no one is in it?

This makes no sense to me cause it's not going to do one thing if the airbag goes off in an accident and there's no one sitting in that seat.

Maybe if you get the resistor or make one yourself by buying some at radioshack it will dummy the weight sensor and make the air bags work all the time. I believe that's how they work when people install their after market seats.
I believe once you change your seat (or seat cover) like we did, there is no way to have the pass airbag work only when someone is sitting in the seat. There is a way (and that is what I am asking for) to make the light go off annd have the pass airbag active alll the time; which is fine with us. Problem is that car floor harness in 07 Roadster has different connnector and I am asking 07 Roadstrer owners how to do it. Anybody ?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
pplanner

Anyone with any suggestion ?