Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 08:19 AM
vice86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features

First off I'm jelous that his headlight has a clear turn signal strip vs. our orange turn signal strip...the clear would have complimented the clear reflectors so perfectly!!

Then the seats...they looks so big and comfy!

And the thing I'm most jealous of.....HE CAN ACTUALLY TURN OFF THE STUPID STEREO AUTO VOLUME ADJUSTMENT THINGY...or atleast he said he could...why would the G35 have that option in the Bose and not us?

Other then that, I still love the Z...the interiors of each car matches the exteriors perfectly. G35 being a more refined sports car while the Z a more aggresive sports car
Old 07-05-2003, 08:35 AM
old_s13

I was always envious of the G35 for its lighting. Not anymore though..

Next in queue is to create a set of black-housing/LED headlamps for the G35.. it will be incredible!

Interestingly enough, one major complaint that most G35 owners have are the seats. Apparently the seat adjustment is located on the inner side of the seat and pushes the side of the seat up. I am not sure if the coupe and sedan have the same seats, but I know for sure this is an issue I hear most sedan owners telling me about. I sat in the seat to confirm, its true.. and very weird! Why locate the seat adjustment on the inner portion of the seat??

I also hear the radio controls are a bit out of place. Oh well, every car has its quirks. I am not too fond of the Z33's glove box, but hey.. its all about comprimise I guess.

Last edited by old_s13; 07-05-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:37 AM
TIGHT-Z

Default No.

I wouldnt be jealous at all, I dont like the G35. I dont think the outside has any style that even compares to the Z. I also dont classify the G as a pure sports car, it is more of a luxury/sports car like the lexus IS300. Those types of cars are little show and NO go.
Just my .2 cents.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:44 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Default Re: My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features

Originally posted by vice86
Then the seats...they looks so big and comfy!
IMO, when I sit in a G35C, it actually feels tighter in the seat bottom than the Z does. I think the seats are actually a bit slimmer down there (others have thought the same thing, so I know I'm not crazy).

BTW, 6'1", 185 lbs.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:03 AM
vice86

Well i didnt want to adjust his setting...the G35 seats you can raise up and down also...but I felt like i was sitting in a high chair when I sat in it.

Hands down, I think the Z's exterior wins in styling....interior wise the Z has a more modern artsy feel to it while the G35 looks like it caters to the 50+ crowd going to the ballet...still nice though.

I just love the clear turnsignal markers on the G35's headlamps.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:40 AM
2003z

The G has speed controlled volume, unlike the Z's that uses a microphone. The faster you go in the G, the louder the stereo gets. You can set it at off, low, mid or high.

As for the seats, the Z's are much better. WHen I drive the G I feel like I'm in an SUV, they sit so high compared to the Z.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:08 AM
rouxeny

I just drove my friend's new G35C and I have to say, it's a lot of car for the money. For $2000 more than me, he got Brembo brakes, a sunroof, and of course the back seats. He also gets a built in compass, more power adjustments on the seats, and a front glove compartment, along with a front power outlet. The Bose is the same crappy one we get.

It drives pretty well, I was actually surprised by how different it seemed from my car. The clutch is a lot longer, the steering is a little lighter, and the car definitely doesn't handle in the same way, ie. slightly more body roll. However, it sounds pretty much the same, and the seats I think are as good if not better than the Z seats. Most importantly though, I thought it was a little slower. Now, of course, my friend's G has only about 1900 miles while my Z has about 10,000, so it could be just a matter of loosening up.

Nice car though.
Old 07-05-2003, 10:43 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features

Originally posted by MannishBoy
BTW, 6'1", 185 lbs.
You're that tall????

Damn, I couldn't tell!

btw... you missed the meeting on Thursday. We drove Mikes track edition around with the 100 shot firing... WOOOOOOO
Old 07-05-2003, 10:45 AM
johnsZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default g35

Hey, the G35 is just a fat version of our car....
Never quite figured out Infinity- several friends have had various ones, and all of them got rid of them after a couple years....
my sister-in-law bought a G35, which has been in the shop more than on the road since Christmas... disturbing thought. SO, why feel jealous????

As to the comment on the Bose junk- spot on.

I have actually argued with Amar Bose in public forum as to his crappy, and pricey equipment (if you only knew how little it costs to make his speakers...), and the fact that he has to fake the creation of low frequencies because they use dinky speakers. HOWEVER, he has assembled the best hucksters and promo people since PT Barnum, and it has done him quite well financially... oh well.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:29 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Default Re: Re: Re: My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features

Originally posted by Evil350z
You're that tall????

Damn, I couldn't tell!

btw... you missed the meeting on Thursday. We drove Mikes track edition around with the 100 shot firing... WOOOOOOO
Had a death in the family and had to go to Harriman for a couple of days. I've had to miss the last two, actually, as I had an install at work last time. Anything interesting coming up?
Old 07-05-2003, 12:42 PM
old_s13

Default Re: g35

Originally posted by johnsZ
Hey, the G35 is just a fat version of our car....
Never quite figured out Infinity- several friends have had various ones, and all of them got rid of them after a couple years....

As to the comment on the Bose junk- spot on.

I have actually argued with Amar Bose in public forum as to his crappy, and pricey equipment (if you only knew how little it costs to make his speakers...), and the fact that he has to fake the creation of low frequencies because they use dinky speakers. HOWEVER, he has assembled the best hucksters and promo people since PT Barnum, and it has done him quite well financially... oh well.
Its INFINIT*I* , no *Y*

As for Bose, they cater to a different crowd.. selling pretty decent quality speakers to people who are space and style conscious. Personally, I dont like sacrificing frequencies for space.. if I had a choice, I'de pickup a set of Klipsch Cornerhorns and be done with! But some people want that contemporary look, fair sound quality, and dont mind comprimising some frequencies to get that.

- Mike
Old 07-05-2003, 12:49 PM
old_s13

Default Re: No.

Originally posted by TIGHT-Z
I wouldnt be jealous at all, I dont like the G35. I dont think the outside has any style that even compares to the Z. I also dont classify the G as a pure sports car, it is more of a luxury/sports car like the lexus IS300. Those types of cars are little show and NO go.
Just my .2 cents.
I dont know why so many people compare the IS with larger cars like the G35 or BMW. Maybe I'm stuck in the past, but I think of the IS as a newer version of the old AE86 Corolla. Sure, it may be heavier but the chassis has a lot of potential. I am quite sure a lot of the Supra TT's braking components can be borrowed. All you have to do from there on is figure out how to increase power (possible turbo motor swap from other toyota, 4a-gte)?

I like the IS, I think its quite a solid car. The G35 is larger and more powerful, I dont think its too fair to compare them. The Z33 is also a tough car to compare, IMO.. its quite different from the Z32. Most Z32 owners have a hard time appreciating the qualities of the newer Z. Only time will tell us how these all compare as we learn the pro's and con's of each one.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:02 PM
vice86

Its INFINIT*I* , no *Y*

DOH...no wonder I always have trouble when i go to www.infinity.com...lolol
Old 07-05-2003, 03:27 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Just my .2 cents.
yeah no go, even though its pretty equal to the Z in speed

as for is300 motors swaps, theres the 3S-GTE out of mr2turbos and celica alltracs.

and john its not fatter its longer

i like my bose, its clear and crisp all the way up to the end, what more do you want?
Old 07-05-2003, 05:36 PM
Linh811

I look at it 2 ways:

1. the G is the classier, more tasteful, more mature, more refined version of the Z.

2. the Z is the riceboy racer version of the G

yes I own the G
Old 07-05-2003, 05:48 PM
vice86

lol...thats one way to put it Linh
Old 07-05-2003, 06:27 PM
rouxeny

Guess I'm a riceboy racer then.

Old 07-05-2003, 06:43 PM
afr0puff

Just my .2 cents.
The G35 being little show and NO go? Right. What have you been smoking. You put these two cars together on the line and its a driver's race. These cars cater to different tastes.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:58 PM
old_s13

Originally posted by Linh811
I look at it 2 ways:

1. the G is the classier, more tasteful, more mature, more refined version of the Z.

2. the Z is the riceboy racer version of the G

yes I own the G
To say something like that just shows ignorance. The G35 and Z are both made by NISSAN, comparing them like that is like comparing family members -- whats the point?

I dont even want to spend the time analyzing your message, but to call the Z a "riceboy racer version" is like the pot calling the kettle black. Last I checked, the VQ was in BOTH vehicles.

Companies like INFINITI, LEXUS, and ACURA are all about image. Somehow, by doing things like adding badges, more leather, and old analog clocks they impress shallow people into thinking they are better. I love telling Acura owners that they own Hondas. I especially love it when they try to disagree with me -- all I have to do is point to the stampings on their windows which say HONDA.

There is a reason why the G35 is a NISSAN and why the IS300 is a TOYOTA in Japan. Its only places like this that need badges to confirm people's lack of esteem in this country.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:15 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a honda S2000, but a acura NSX, would anyone pay 90grand for a honda? nope, so they give it the badge, yet the civic and the rsx have the same engine, same as the Z and G, S13 is correct.

they are the same car, one has more features perhaps, but well then again, not really, what does it have? a differently shaped interior? there isnt really a difference at all, except for the layout.

calling it a rice version simply proves your own doubts about the car you drive. I like the G35 coupe by the way. its a nice car, but Im young, no wife, no kids, so I may as well enjoy a 2 seater while I can.

Quick Reply: My bud got a G35C...a little jealous of some of his features