Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to install DRL for a US 350Z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
whoopazz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to install DRL for a US 350Z...

Hey guys can anyone help me out, I searched on how to take out the headlight unit, and i found a great write up on it, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually installed the Daytime running lights themselves. I recently bought a 07 Touring Z from the states and now I need DRL's to make it legal here in Canada.

I got the kit, but when I was looking at the lights, there are three wires running to the BI Xeon light, and I don't know which one is which... Do I need a different kit perhaps to install DRL's, because I just bought one from Part Source and it looks to be a generic one.... is there a chance it might burn out my bulbs quicker that it should?...

Any info would be great..

I don't really wanna go to nissan to get them installed, but if I have to, than I will... I just think I'm so close...
Old 04-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Doba

man I was quoted 35 bucks for the module and 90 bucks for install, why even spend the time yourself when you can take it to CT and have them do it.

Some things are worth DIY some things arent.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 AM
whoopazz1

Ya, the kit is cheap... but I hate CT, will never trust those guys... Back in the day I had them recharge my AC in my 95 Prelude SRV and those fa*s took it for a 5km ride....

Just wondering if anyone has done it... but thx for ur input
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
VQ_Z

Whoopazz1.....you're still gonna require CT to do your FEDERAL INSPECTION for the RIV to complete successfully. Trust me on this because i also imported my 350Z from the states. And of course i don't like it when a mechanic takes it out for joyride. All I did was to just sit there and watch them do their job.

As for the DRL, I would rather have it professionally installed at a Nissan dealership so i could keep my warranty if anything happens to it. It should cost you $400.

BTW, i am also located in etown haha. PM me if you have any other questions in completing this RIV process. good luck.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 PM
VanZed

Just finished importing my 03 Z. I decided to do the DRL myself with the CT Hamsar module. Not a big deal. I won't let CT do anything to my cars but we have to go to them for the inspection. Anyway it passed with no problems.

I got a quote from the Nissan dealer in Richmond for 250.00 but I liked the fact that my installation uses the parking lights not the zenon.

Let me know if I can help.