Sponsored by:

Buddy Club 2 Body kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 AM
asmvp84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doomsdaydonkey
an update;

the buddy club was so bad that the guy fitting it gave up, since then i have started working with fibreglass and am fixing it up over weekends...

the front bumper does not line up correctly, the lights go over it at the ends and there are gaps here and there....

anyway... its nice to fix it urself if you have the time, honestly though, I would not recommend the buddy club to anyone... thats the v-fiber one from andysautosport who state 100% fitment/no issues...

cheers
ddd
man sorry to hear the bad news....good luck man
Old 07-17-2008, 05:14 AM
shakuya88

This sounds like it's been a pain, and I share said pain with you. The body kit on my sebring sucked! I ended up putting it on...ok...ish. Unless your looking for things wrong with it ya don't see them but just a few gaps here and there. And a side of a bumper that pops out like 1/4" every now and then....still gotta fix that. But your's should look good when done so good luck!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 AM
haeshik

you know the fitment sucks ballz when your body man calls it quits. good luck and hope to see final pics
Old 07-17-2008, 06:23 AM
shakuya88

Originally Posted by haeshik
you know the fitment sucks ballz when your body man calls it quits. good luck and hope to see final pics
You know your body guy sucks when he won't even try it

Sebring=Zero after market suport.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 AM
asmvp84

Originally Posted by shakuya88
You know your body guy sucks when he won't even try it

Sebring=Zero after market suport.
im going to have to agreee with that....i have seen a body shop completely cut a front bumper down the center and refiberglass it to make it work cuz it was a couple inches short from getting to the headlights...have u tried any other shops around?? not the first time i have heard bad things about andysautosport....had a buddy get a widebody for a tiburon and same issues!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 08:20 PM
nick123

3 years ago..I had 2 honda civics and i called in to order lambo doors...Iordered one pair and said pending on how they fit i would be interested in a pair for my older hatch back..They sent me to of the same set..For the same car...I checked my visa and i was charged almost 3900 for the vertical doors....I also had to pay 400 a kit in shipping...So i was charged almost 5000. For lambo doors that i never enjoyed..I put them on my car only to sell and loose money..I mentioned that I was being over charged and they should take the kit back, but wanted me to pay a 20 percent re stocking fee plus pay the 400 shipping to recieve and another 400 to send back...I was not allowed to pay for the shipping myself..I had to send it from canada Credit on delivery and they would pay the charges and deduct the 400 from the cost of the kit..I ended up keeping both kits and gave the second one away to my brother for his car....Worst garbage company ever!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:35 AM
asmvp84

^^^^i take it your referring to andysautosport??
Old 07-29-2008, 05:21 AM
doomsdaydonkey

HI guys,

I have taken up the fibreglass hobby and am currently reshaping the kit to fit like a glove...

have made some mods so will provide pics a.s.a.p. first being that the buddy club kit has the headlights all scew and hanging over the front bumper, really ****... I have made shelves for the headlights and filled all the gaps, its taken its time but I am enjoying it as now I dont get into trouble on the weekends cause I'm busy making my baby beautify... she does look good as you will see shortly..

first thing: if people tell you "Dont do it" listen to that little voice inside cause its normally right "mine said I can even though I new nothing about fibreglass'

second thing learnt: I shaped and built the kit using fibre glass, adding here and there, cutting here and there etc... put some body filler on to smooth out the stuff and left it in the sun 'MISAKE NUMBER ONE' the filler and the sun has warped one side of the kit and I have to do some work there... else its looking hot... will post some progress pics a.s.a.p.

cheers
DDD
Old 07-30-2008, 05:37 AM
asmvp84

^^^^ready to see some updated pics man!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 AM
doomsdaydonkey

Hi,

I have some pics attached here, please note the gap between the front bumper and the hood has now been filled roughly, that means I haven't done the body filler to smooth it out.. check out the shelves for the head lights... it took its time shapping them to not notice the difference between the left and the right one but was rewarding and fun...

the prep for this was a mental one, it was long and one needs to be patient and basically love your car big time... this is just the start.

there gaps, many, they have been filled up, I cut cardboard, used super glue to put it on the front bumper and then used fibre glass and ressin to cover the cardboard.

more pics to follow when this thing fits OEM...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5890...00140.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5890...00139.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5890...00138.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5890...00137.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5890...00136.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/5890...00135.jpg.html

I have just smoothed out the front of the bumper that meets the hood but will provide more pics of that later if you guys are still interested so let me know...

was thinking that once this is perfect it might make a really nice mold for carbon fibre... "just thinking out loud"

cheers
ddd