Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Console 3rd switch place

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 06:11 PM
350licious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Console 3rd switch place

I have a 2005 Touring DB Z and I am looking to buy a switch that I can put in my car next to the 2 heated seats switches. There is a 3rd space that currently has a black stub. Is there somewhere I can buy this switch? I have searched this forum and the internet and cannot seem to find it.

I set up some interior lighting, under the dash and trunk LED's. They currently go on whenever the car is on, as they are connected to the Cigarette lighter. I would like to connect a switch from the center console to these lights.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:45 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy another heated seat switch to install where the blank is. I have an Enthusiast......I bought two of the switches and the blank from Performance Nissan. One switch controls the LED's and one switch controls the monitors.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:49 AM
350licious

Alright I will call the dealer today. I only will need 1 switch as the other 2 for heated seats are already there. Do you remember how much the switch costs?
Old 08-04-2008, 06:11 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by 350licious
Alright I will call the dealer today. I only will need 1 switch as the other 2 for heated seats are already there. Do you remember how much the switch costs?
I don't remember how much it was......but Performance Nissan had the best price. Plus their representative is a SBC member........

http://mynismo.com/
Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 AM
350licious

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Buy another heated seat switch to install where the blank is. I have an Enthusiast......I bought two of the switches and the blank from Performance Nissan. One switch controls the LED's and one switch controls the monitors.
Ok I found the switch on that site, only thing is this switch will most likely come with the heated seat illustration on it. When you said "and the blank", is there actually a blank switch, because it is hard to tell from the little amount of description given.

Also you said you bought 2 switches and a blank, why did you need 3? Did you install heated seats or not have them or just buy them for other purposes?

Final Question is these switches have 2 settings, 1 up and 1 down. Does this mean I will be able to use the 1 switch for 2 separate purposes (of course only 1 function can be on at a time)?

Here is the infor I found for the heated seat switch, and here is the page, do you know if there is one on there that is a blank switch?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...14252&chapter=

switch, 350z, right 03-06 $41.52 $0.00 $33.13
Electrical - Body electrical - Heated seats - switch
Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 AM
buzzardmountain

Ok I found the switch on that site, only thing is this switch will most likely come with the heated seat illustration on it. When you said "and the blank", is there actually a blank switch, because it is hard to tell from the little amount of description given.
I hope no admins care if I break my reply down in this format.

It will come with the heated seat illustration on it. I used the term "blank switch" but it's really the "dummy" to fill in the spare hole (It serves no purpose but to fill the hole that isn't used).

This is the stock configuration:

Name:  factoryheatedseatswitchesshowingbla.jpg
Views: 2402
Size:  54.9 KB

The one circled red is what I'm referring to as a "dummy" blank/switch.

Also you said you bought 2 switches and a blank, why did you need 3? Did you install heated seats or not have them or just buy them for other purposes?
I didn't have factory heated seats. When it was time to add switches for my LED's and TV monitors I didn't want some random/cheapo switch from AutoZone. Since my car is an Enthusiast model, it came with a cover covering up the three holes. Pop off the cover and you have the three holes....no switches or blank like in the first pic I posted.

So I ordered two factory heat switches. One controls the interior LED's and one control's the exterior TV monitors.....This is what it looked like without the dummy hole filled.

Name:  c7d8dad0.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  36.1 KB

This is what it looks like after I purchased the dummy switch to fill up the third hole:

Name:  141_4198.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  43.8 KB

Final Question is these switches have 2 settings, 1 up and 1 down. Does this mean I will be able to use the 1 switch for 2 separate purposes (of course only 1 function can be on at a time)?
I think that's the way I understand it......my audio guy hooked my stuff up and when I saw him running these wire from my new switches had me

Something about series, etc......I think.

Here is the infor I found for the heated seat switch, and here is the page, do you know if there is one on there that is a blank switch?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...14252&chapter=

switch, 350z, right 03-06 $41.52 $0.00 $33.13
Electrical - Body electrical - Heated seats - switch
I'm pretty sure there isn't a plain black (no logo/image) factory switch for that location.

Hope that helps.....let me know if you have any other questions.

R.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:26 AM
350licious

First off, thanks a lot for the help and your time, its greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure I understand you. Just to make sure, Those 2 switches (the heated seat ones) don't actually control heated seats, but rather a screen and LED's? The heated seats illustration on them i assume is just how they came and it looks good so you left it that way?

Again thanks, I will be ordering one and attempting to remove the white illustration on it and perhaps adding something of my own (if I can make it look somewhat good).
Old 08-04-2008, 07:28 AM
buzzardmountain

First off, thanks a lot for the help and your time, its greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure I understand you. Just to make sure, Those 2 switches (the heated seat ones) don't actually control heated seats, but rather a screen and LED's? The heated seats illustration on them i assume is just how they came and it looks good so you left it that way?
Exactly........

I wanted a factory look........

Again thanks, I will be ordering one and attempting to remove the white illustration on it and perhaps adding something of my own (if I can make it look somewhat good).
No problem....I'm sure you can find something to remove the white illustration.