Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My clear corner install write-up

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 05:06 AM
07rdsterGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My clear corner install write-up

06+ write up (If installing corners with LEDs, taking the bumper off would be the correct direction to take)

Tools needed:

10mm air wrench and socket
Stubby Phillips screw driver
Jack
Safety Jacks

1. Jack car up as if you were going to change the oil.

2. Drop plastic guard pan as if you were going to change the oil filter.

3. Unscrew amber corners and replace with clear corners

4. Put everything back together

5. Stand back and admire while your buddy is still taking his bumper off.

Time: less then 10 minutes after the car was jacked up. (20 min total with clean up and putting tools back, etc..)

Taking the front bumper, front wheels, etc... off to do this would have been preposterous.

P.S. I'm 6'2" and 220lB's and I don't have a scratch on either of my arms.

Justin

Last edited by 07rdsterGT; 06-03-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:11 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's nice, but it has been done before

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interior-exterior-and-lighting-diy/203246-how-to-front-bumper-removal-l-e-d-clear-corners-install-w-pix-ares-s-06-ccs.html
Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 AM
07rdsterGT

Yeah, that is the thread I read before I started my install. That thread directs you to take the f'n bumper off; why? You don't need to.

LMAO at all of you who have taken your bumper off to change the corners.

Last edited by 07rdsterGT; 06-02-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:41 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Z04 is the Thread Police don't sweat it, and nice write up.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:53 AM
07rdsterGT

I've noticed. Every forum has one...lol
Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by Z04
that's nice, but it has been done before

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203246
I likes dis phred betta yo... Gots lots o pics. I can haz??

Last edited by gothchick; 06-02-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 AM
07rdsterGT

So, what do you contribute to this site? Other then obnoxious posts and tastefully poor pictures with ghey quotes?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by 07rdsterGT
So, what do you contribute to this site? Other then obnoxious posts and tastefully poor pictures with ghey quotes?
better than making a new thread and basically repeating what was done in a thread that was made two years ago then act like it was a new thing you discovered. good for you, you did one of the simplest mods that you can do for the Z.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...7&postcount=50

and you even posted in that thread since it mentioned that you do not need to remover the bumper.

so basically repeating something that already exists is not contributing either.

Last edited by Z04; 06-02-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 AM
07rdsterGT

Did you get picked on in school gramps?

When i did a search before I did the install, all I found was people PREACHING about how easy it was and to just take the front bumper off.

What I did was create another search result for people like me so the new guy knows right off the bat that he doesn't have to do that (pull the bumper). You came in here flaming that.

I had to make decision after reading that thread on whether to just pull the bumper, or listen to the few people who said it could be done without pulling the bumper. Now, there's another thread to help that next person make the decision easier.

So, I contributed, and you're doing nothing but running your mouth old man.

Last edited by 07rdsterGT; 06-02-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Z04

Did you get picked on in school gramps?

When i did a search before I did the install, all I found was people PREACHING about how easy it was and to just take the front bumper off.

What I did was create another search result for people like me so the new guy knows right off the bat that he doesn't have to do that (pull the bumper). You came in here flaming that.

I had to make decision after reading that thread on whether to just pull the bumper, or listen to the few people who said it could be done without pulling the bumper. Now, there's another thread to help that next person make the decision easier.

So, I contributed, and you're doing nothing but running your mouth old man.

no, now there are three threads all saying the same thing. way to go. and you are doing nothing but trying to justify yourself making a identical thread thinking you did something new.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
07rdsterGT

I stand by my efforts as the first two were cloudy with arguments and douche bags like you
Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Z04

I stand by my efforts as the first two were cloudy with arguments and douche bags like you

first off, i have not resorted to any name calling at all. i suggest you do the same thing. you know nothing about me or what i do or know so do not make assumptions. second, you just repeated what was already posted, even quoted another person that stated you do not have to take off the bumper in that other thread. by taking something that someone had already done and has already written, then repeating it, then trying to call it your own is nothing more than being a copycat. it doesn't make you look smarter, it just shows that you know how to read and that you can repeat what was done. like i said, good for you for figuring out something that was known for a long time. you could have posted this in that section (where DIY threads belong) or in that thread to contribute to the discussion already at hand but instead you put it here since there already was a thread in there about the same thing and a post in that thread saying the same thign as well. please continue trying to justify yourself.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 AM
sintaxeror

Okay Okay.. lets not get this thread locked because I am going to be changing my reflectors soon and I would rather not take off the bumper and wheels.

You did this on an '07? Maybe the later models are a little easier... I have an '07 also hopefully I will be able to get in there.

Did you just install the clears? Or were they LED'd also? If not, do you think I would be able to run the wires without removing anything else?

Thanks!

PLEASE lets not get this thread locked... I have searched around a decent amount and this is the first I have seen someone have ZERO headaches doing this without taking off the bumper and wheels... so it may actually be useful.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 PM
gothchick

Geeeezzzz - Wat a tool.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
350Mark

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
Z04 is the Thread Police don't sweat it, and nice write up.
+1
Just ignore him...
Old 06-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Allen331

Both Z04 and 07rdsterGT have valid points. Nice write up, and thanks for clarifying that the bumper doesn't need to be pulled off to install these. However, in the future, at least post in the right section. Alot of long time forum members on here are easily irritated by threads like these because 1. They are just re-stating what has already been stated, and 2. It makes searching more convaluted. Given that this is a more concise write-up, it essentially says the same thing. I agree with you though, there are alot of thread repost police, but take it for what it is, and just ignore the comment.

Nonetheless, thanks again for the write-up. I suppose I could use this in the future
Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
JSDZ33

no
Old 06-03-2008, 03:04 AM
07rdsterGT

Originally Posted by gothchick
Geeeezzzz - Wat a tool.
I rest my case.

Originally Posted by sintaxeror
Okay Okay.. lets not get this thread locked because I am going to be changing my reflectors soon and I would rather not take off the bumper and wheels.

You did this on an '07? Maybe the later models are a little easier... I have an '07 also hopefully I will be able to get in there.

Did you just install the clears? Or were they LED'd also? If not, do you think I would be able to run the wires without removing anything else?

Thanks!

PLEASE lets not get this thread locked... I have searched around a decent amount and this is the first I have seen someone have ZERO headaches doing this without taking off the bumper and wheels... so it may actually be useful.
Yes, this was an 07 (aka 06+) No LEDs. If you are installing LED corners I would take the bumper off. If you are installing JDM clear corners, don't take the bumper off, it is a ZERO headache job with the bumper on.

Originally Posted by Allen331
Both Z04 and 07rdsterGT have valid points. Nice write up, and thanks for clarifying that the bumper doesn't need to be pulled off to install these. However, in the future, at least post in the right section. Alot of long time forum members on here are easily irritated by threads like these because 1. They are just re-stating what has already been stated, and 2. It makes searching more convaluted. Given that this is a more concise write-up, it essentially says the same thing. I agree with you though, there are alot of thread repost police, but take it for what it is, and just ignore the comment.

Nonetheless, thanks again for the write-up. I suppose I could use this in the future
Point taken. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Z04
first off, i have not resorted to any name calling at all. i suggest you do the same thing. you know nothing about me or what i do or know so do not make assumptions. second, you just repeated what was already posted, even quoted another person that stated you do not have to take off the bumper in that other thread. by taking something that someone had already done and has already written, then repeating it, then trying to call it your own is nothing more than being a copycat. it doesn't make you look smarter, it just shows that you know how to read and that you can repeat what was done. like i said, good for you for figuring out something that was known for a long time. you could have posted this in that section (where DIY threads belong) or in that thread to contribute to the discussion already at hand but instead you put it here since there already was a thread in there about the same thing and a post in that thread saying the same thign as well. please continue trying to justify yourself.
Fortunately for me I never read or saw that write up, so for now, I still remain an Uncopy cat.

I'm rubber and your glue!!!

Don't you have more important things to worry about in your life then a simple mishap on an intarnetz forum? Congrats mate! You have solved the intarnetz!!! On to the blog-o-sphere to apprehend wrong doers in the land of I have nothing better to do then harass people who are wrong on the web. May you succeed in your future internet endeavors my friend!

Last edited by 07rdsterGT; 06-03-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 AM
sintaxeror

Yes, this was an 07 (aka 06+) No LEDs. If you are installing LED corners I would take the bumper off. If you are installing JDM clear corners, don't take the bumper off, it is a ZERO headache job with the bumper on.
Can you clarify a little on the reasoning? I have not been in there yet so I am trying to get an idea.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 AM
07rdsterGT

Because simple removing and replacing corners is a sinch, there is more then eough room to do it without removing the bumper (unless you have HUGE arms, but you only need to get one arm in there to unscrew two screws.

Now, if you are wiring in LED corners, then I'm sure you are going to need MUCH more room to move around and run wires, etc...So, in that case, I WOULD take the bumper off.

Quick Reply: My clear corner install write-up