Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here has an INGS N1 FULL BUMPER KIT on 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:22 AM
bilal83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who here has an INGS N1 FULL BUMPER KIT on 350z

Please post pics of your Nissan 350z with Full Ings N1 body kit ..

also where you got it from and how much you paid would help. Im looking at getting that body kit and just want to get more opinions from people here.

Also I could never figure out the SIDE SKIRTS on that body kit they look stock?

HAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE REPLICA FROM www.streetconcept.com or VIS RACING.

Last edited by bilal83; 06-07-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.zmodified.com/gallery/index.php?cat=30
Old 06-07-2008, 11:48 AM
bilal83

Thanks for the link.
I still need feedback on folks that have the INGS N1 Kit in replica on their car and where they bought it from and what obsticales were faced in putting it up

Im looking at VIS and Streetconcepts.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there are no obstacles when fitting a genuine kit - normal final prep, and paint

replica? Tends to be hit or miss. Not everyone knows what 100% fitment means, some talk themselves into thinking it fits fine, and others experience actually good fitment. I wouldn't buy a VIS coffee mug based on the fitment of many of their other parts, but that's me. The other brand I have no idea about
Old 06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

^ +10!

Like I said in my PM, check w/ Andy@Performance.

Here's some pics, I didn't do the rear bumper cause I was gonna go w/ a diffuser. But here you go.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
there are no obstacles when fitting a genuine kit - normal final prep, and paint
Not always the case. I have genuine Greddy sides and they are wavy as hell. Would have required exceptionally detailed prep to get them looking flawless and I simply wasn't willing to spend 3x their cost on prep alone. So I live with them.

Also, while discussing the whole "genuine kits are always perfect" myth with my painter last month, he showed me a damaged Lambo Murci he is currently replacing several body panels on to restore it for a sale. He showed me the authentic front bumper he bought from Denver Lamborghini for $16k. That thing was wavy and pitted as hell! One would have thought it was a Taiwanese replica kit gone horribly wrong. He was planning on putting in about 30 hours just to prep the damn thing for paint, not to mention the rear bumper and sides that were also in the same shape. If it weren't for the nearly 100% profit he was expecting to make with the sale, he said he would never have touched it.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I made no mention of Greddy, so that's a different thing, nor is this a discussion about replacement body panels for other cars. Greddy side skirts are fiberglass and are at the lower end of the price scale as far as known brands. Given that, you get a piece that fits quite well, at a very, very affordable price, from a known brand. Again, you're not buying a top dollar kit, and being fiberglass, yes, its going to be wavy out of the box. If you want it perfect out of the box, it would cost $900, not $400. One thing Greddy always does a pretty good job on though is fitment - better than some brands that are more expensive in fact. But Greddy makes alot of kits and as such, has the time and resources to make, and re-make, a quality mould, but keep the price affordable - especially their urethane stuff. By comparison, my $900 Balsarini rear spoiler, which is from an "exclusive" manufacturer (I use that term really loosely) took about 7 hours of prep before I could paint it...and it cracked a year later (a split at the seam), at which point I had to fix that, and then do all the same prep/sanding work again. Thankfully we do it all in house, but it adds up quick. Ya win some, ya lose some

No part is immune to defects, and some companies, particularly aftermarket companies, take more care than others. With respect to INGS, which is all I was talking about, their parts are made very nicely in my experience. Among the best fitting moulds out of the box, needing minimal prep work to get it ready for paint.

The front bumper on a Murcielago is also dry carbon - very thin stuff, to the point where if you hold it up to the light, you will see through it. As weird as it sounds, it's not designed out of the box to be a concours type piece. Lambo's "as new" delivered build quality has gone up tremendously since Audi took over, but they never have been a concourse type car even when brand new. That's how alot of their parts are, just comes with the territory. All relative to the price of the car of course, and relative of course to how many they make. I'm sure INGS has produced many, many more of their front bumpers, that there have been Murcielago's ever produced, let alone replacement parts made.

At the end of the day too, the shop doing the work is critical - a crappy shop can even take a good part and make it look only mediocre.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 06-08-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:41 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Recently bought an authentic hybrid aero rear. Fitment was only about 8.5/10. I would say it's the worst fitting peice I've ever bought.

HOWEVER!
I've seen some replica's of this peice that are so terrible in real life that it's beyond description. Because of our location, getting authentic parts can be very very time consuming sometimes. I would recommend getting an authentic part and having it test fitted. If there are issues have it sent back in exchange for another until you get the premium parts you paid for.

My problem is that I shipped my car 370km to Toronto for the instal. If I had lived next to the shop I could have checked on it more easily.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 AM
bilal83

Who would pay for shipping to ship it back if the test comes out and its a very bad piece.
Shipping is expensive .. How much did you pay in DUTIES
Old 06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
2TH PWR

In the past with defective merchandise it's up to the seller I think. I've gotten some broken parts delivered before, and I shipped back to the retailer who filed a claim and refunded me the money, or shipped me a new part.
Duties weren't such a big deal. Like $250 bucks. I did the clearing in myself as opposed to hiring a broker.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 AM
MrToeknee

Front Bumper (Aerosync) - from Gruppe-S
Material - Urethane
Fitment - 9.5
Price - $400
Side & Rear (Ings +1 Nspec) - from x350zx
Material - FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic)
Fitment Side - 9.0
Fitment Rear - 5.0
Price - Pm me

The rear was pretty bad with the fitment along the lines of the trunk hatch and the bumper. A lot of building up from there just to make the fitment look flushed. The front and the side was awesome fitment! Overall it looks good to me. Hope this helped you out.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:31 AM
2TH PWR

^ Hey dude.
Love the look of your car. It was one of the inspirations I had to mix up the aero kits.
I have a Nismo/ INGs combo too.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 AM
MrToeknee

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
^ Hey dude.
Love the look of your car. It was one of the inspirations I had to mix up the aero kits.
I have a Nismo/ INGs combo too.
Thanks bro. Your car looks pretty hot. I was also gonna get the evo-r blitz wing.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

Yup...the old ings replica rear I used to carry had fitment problems...that's why I dropped that manufacturer and went with another one. Car looks good tho Mr. Toeknee...never seen an ings kit on a red Z and that looks pretty sweet!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:39 PM
T@derBauer.de

Hey MrToeknee

great pics
awesome car,
looks great!!!

where did you buy the aerosync front bumper?
a link for me?

thx
Old 06-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Silver03z

I got the the authentic hybrid aero INGS N1 Kit and i was very happy with the fittment it was the best fitting body kit i've ever put on and would diffently buy the authentic stuff again if i ever put a different kit on or on another car. Heres some pics of my finished projected.

Last edited by Silver03z; 06-10-2008 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM
bilal83

nice pics
Old 06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
G_STRIFE

Very hot pair of Z's
Almost as nice as a G
Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 PM
lgear080

Although I haven't installed authentic INGS parts (nor
knock-offs) for that matter - I have installed authentic
C-west skirts, Nismo V2, and JP parts. After toiling with
a carbon creations nightmare, I decided to go deep on
the items mentioned above. Frankly, I am sorry I ever
subjected myself to the non-original bodyparts.

If I were to start over, I would go all jdm originals.

The value of time savings, and less emotional distress
make it all worth while. Same goes for installer - get the
best your $$$ can buy. Nothing like walking up to your
car unhappy day in and day out, I've been there.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 PM
codek

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

mod newb. didn't know you can mix and match kits like that. Thats an awesome car in red