Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Father wondering about depreciation due to body kits.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 05:19 PM
REDZSTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Father wondering about depreciation due to body kits.

I ordered a Stillen Type 1 rear spoiler for my redline track. When my father found out, he griped about how new holes would have to be drilled in the trunk which in turn would depreciate the value of the car. Does anyone know if the spoiler fits into the holes from the factory spoiler? He wont let it be installed if any new holes have to be drilled. Does anyone know any spoiler that fits into the stock drilled holes? Also, with the Veilside V1 front lip, are holes drilled into the body or underneath the car? thanks
Old 07-24-2003, 05:26 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3M time!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:39 PM
shaneotool

don't know about the wing but the veilside lip uses 3m tape and 4 factory bolts under the car. Or in my case, zip ties.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:46 PM
toykilla

get the top secret front diffuser... uses stock holes and is more functional than the other "lips"
Old 07-24-2003, 07:39 PM
little_rod

Well, this is one thing to think about when you go with a body kit. Good for show, but when you want to get rid of it, it decreases the audience to which the car can be resold to.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:17 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Father wondering about depreciation due to body kits.

Originally posted by REDZSTER
I ordered a Stillen Type 1 rear spoiler for my redline track. When my father found out, he griped about how new holes would have to be drilled in the trunk which in turn would depreciate the value of the car. Does anyone know if the spoiler fits into the holes from the factory spoiler? He wont let it be installed if any new holes have to be drilled. Does anyone know any spoiler that fits into the stock drilled holes? Also, with the Veilside V1 front lip, are holes drilled into the body or underneath the car? thanks
I just ordered the same spoiler. Unfortunately, two small holes will need to be drilled, even if you already have the OEM spoiler. I seriously doubt this spoiler would bother anyone enough to not buy your car, it's fairly subtle IMO, but who knows. 3M tape is good until the car gets very hot in the sun...then it loses its stick somewhat.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:25 AM
havabooz

my dad worrys about everything..all you have to tell him is.."i didnt by the car to sell it, i bought it to drive and enjoy"
Old 07-25-2003, 06:41 AM
old_s13

"my dad worrys about everything..all you have to tell him is.."i didnt by the car to sell it, i bought it to drive and enjoy"

Very true, very true. Of course, you have to have a balance with everything that is modified.. because some modifications are tasteful, while others are just bad.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:00 AM
havabooz

im glad you agree...but im assuming if his dad cares then he paid for the car (as did mine)...so there is a level of respect...i wanted to buy wheels the day i bought the car ( i was paying for them myself)..and my dad got pissed and said i just paid 32k for a car and you wanna change it

i felt bad...but he got over it...but i do pay for all my mods

thank god for cool dads

his first car was a Z too
Old 07-25-2003, 01:16 PM
REDZSTER

My dad paid for mine so I have to obey. I cannot complain too much because it's a privledge to be 19 and driving such a wonderful car. I bought 19 inch GT-C's, Eibach Springs, and AEM intake myself to throw on. As for the wing, I received it today, and took it down to my local redneck body shop (I live in WV). My dude is going to install and paint it for $60.00 without using any type of screws Hell its worth a try. He has done alot of work (not on Z's) so I am going to trust him. Here is a link to pics of my car if anyone wants to check it out, I will put more up after the install (Tues). http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=Nissan%20350Z