Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wtf paint melted?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Azn_Empurio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf paint melted?

hey guys, today i was washing my car and noticed that my stock spoiler is now cracking in certain places, and right above the nissan sign, the bottom of the spoiler is starting to peel, lmao wtf??
the weather here is like 26 degrees celcius, i dont think thats hot enough to do something like that is it?
thinking about repainting it, thank god it was just the spoiler, but man, how does this happen? is it too hot?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
350zFreak05

Originally Posted by Azn_Empurio
hey guys, today i was washing my car and noticed that my stock spoiler is now cracking in certain places, and right above the nissan sign, the bottom of the spoiler is starting to peel, lmao wtf??
the weather here is like 26 degrees celcius, i dont think thats hot enough to do something like that is it?
thinking about repainting it, thank god it was just the spoiler, but man, how does this happen? is it too hot?
im not sure because i live in miami florida and its really hot lol and a few days ago i noticed some of my paint cracking on my hood nothing huge but i pay attention to little things like that it actually looks like somthing sat there then ate the paint and got washed off
Old 08-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Azn_Empurio

hmm well i went to the bodyshop after the post, apparently the spoiler was kind of a rubber like material...
our weather apparently isnt that hot, but at night it gets very cold quick, so he said the moisture getting trapped in there or whatever eventually caused it to crack
i ended up taking it off at the shop and it was only taped on thank god, i just spent 2 hours taking the residue off the trunk, lulz
still deciding what to do with the stock spoiler, CRIES
Old 08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics? I can haz?