Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Official Racing Harness Pic Collection!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010 | 10:19 AM
10-E-C-350Z

In the process of installing an Avalon bar/willans 6pt harnesses and was wondering- instead of welding/bolting a piece of metal onto the seat bracket, has anyone just replaced that seat mount bolt with an eye bolt?
Old 07-20-2010 | 10:27 AM
ExtaZ33

Originally Posted by 10-E-C-350Z
In the process of installing an Avalon bar/willans 6pt harnesses and was wondering- instead of welding/bolting a piece of metal onto the seat bracket, has anyone just replaced that seat mount bolt with an eye bolt?
Are you talking about the lap mount bolt? I re-used the existing mounting point using an eye bolt on one side but the other side you have to mount a plate in the transmission tunnel to thread an eye bolt into.

I believe your two submarine straps would mount to your seat bracket, but I am not 100% because I do not have those pieces.
Old 07-20-2010 | 12:03 PM
10-E-C-350Z

Originally Posted by ExtaZ33
Are you talking about the lap mount bolt? I re-used the existing mounting point using an eye bolt on one side but the other side you have to mount a plate in the transmission tunnel to thread an eye bolt into.

I believe your two submarine straps would mount to your seat bracket, but I am not 100% because I do not have those pieces.
The reason I ask is since the oem buckle is located on the seat itself, could this mean that the seat mounts are strong enough to withstand the force of an impact? I always wondered this...

Edit- I'm referring to mounting both the lap/submarine belts there.

Edit #2- here's an article concerning the same thing on an evo forum...mentions using the inside rear seat bolt as a mounting point...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how...tallation.html

any takes on this?

Last edited by 10-E-C-350Z; 07-20-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-21-2010 | 06:21 AM
GuardDrgn86

heres a pic from the back. I'll try to get one from the front and post it later. Sparco 4pt Harness w/ BR Race Engineering harness bar from Enjuku

https://my350z.com/forum/members/121...re10214-a.html link to my album. the harness bar was v1, there is a v2 out now.

Last edited by GuardDrgn86; 07-21-2010 at 06:23 AM. Reason: pic was showing a red x
Old 07-21-2010 | 06:49 AM
J. Dub

Fellas, are there any seats similiar to bride, sparco, ect... that do not have the name displayed on them? In fact I'd pay more to not have a companies name on my seats.
My power driver seat took a fail on me so I gotta replace it.
Also, with the need for new seat rails, ect... Do you reuse the factory 4 seat bolts?
I ask cause one of mine I can pick up with my hand and also push back in without screwing it in which makes me think the factory drilled the hole in the body to big.
Old 07-07-2011 | 01:41 PM
NISMOtuner

Originally Posted by J. Dub
Fellas, are there any seats similiar to bride, sparco, ect... that do not have the name displayed on them? In fact I'd pay more to not have a companies name on my seats.
My power driver seat took a fail on me so I gotta replace it.
Also, with the need for new seat rails, ect... Do you reuse the factory 4 seat bolts?
I ask cause one of mine I can pick up with my hand and also push back in without screwing it in which makes me think the factory drilled the hole in the body to big.
if your looking for good seats that wont kill you when you wreck, check these out:http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6554...ats-railspads/
alot of guys on S2KI use these for auto X racing. they are a vendor on s2ki website. yes they are replicas of bride, sparco and recaro seats... but they arent cheap knock offs that break when you crash. i did alot of researching on these before i ever even considered them.
Old 08-17-2011 | 11:06 PM
Czarrr

Bump for an old thread.

Originally Posted by NISMOtuner
if your looking for good seats that wont kill you when you wreck, check these out:http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6554...ats-railspads/
alot of guys on S2KI use these for auto X racing. they are a vendor on s2ki website. yes they are replicas of bride, sparco and recaro seats... but they arent cheap knock offs that break when you crash. i did alot of researching on these before i ever even considered them.
Great looking alternative.
I've always wanted brandless style seats such as these.

Originally Posted by asianracerchick
here are a couple pics of mines:
pass. and driv. takata 4pt. harness

rear view
I saw the baby anchor bolt when cleaning one day.
I had ideas of attaching the harnesses to this anchor.
I didn't think it was a safe idea
It also looks like both harnesses attach to same anchor?
Which also seems unsafe?
Anyone else try this? I would really like to know.
A great alternative to those who don't want to purchase harness bars.
Old 08-29-2011 | 01:33 PM
SA Z-boi

bump this ****......I need pictures of the harness mounting points!!!! someone help.....
Old 08-29-2011 | 01:42 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by SA Z-boi
bump this ****......I need pictures of the harness mounting points!!!! someone help.....

Ill take some in a about 2 hours if you need... i have Crow 4-point cam-locks.

I had a buddy custom weld eye-bolt heads to m8 bolt heads for use on inside floor/seat bracket and outside lower oem seat belt bolt locations and then used harness bars for shoulder straps.

Is this the setup you are thinking about? The proper way would have been to weld a plate to inside trans tunnel and drill hole through floor for inside eye-bolt locations...but for me, my way works perfectly fine and is plenty strong.
Old 09-01-2011 | 02:06 PM
07_z33

^post pics bro, your set up was super sick the last time I saw it.
More pics in this thread would really help. im in the same boat and searching for answers!
Old 09-02-2011 | 07:33 AM
GeauxLadyZ

^ Wrd, no prob broseph. Ill put them up this afternoon after work if i can remember.

If you see this post before tonight, shoot me a txt to remind me. I have bad short term memory loss from college, lol.
Old 02-06-2012 | 07:34 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

Old 02-06-2012 | 08:01 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by EmpireDude
Please tell me this is a joke?
Old 02-06-2012 | 08:12 PM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

I'm not sure exactly why? Stuff has been in my car for a while now.. My car's not a track toy, just a cool car for the street and occasional autox. Figured I'd throw the pic up for anyone else looking at doing harness bar, harnesses or whatever. Sorry if it offended you man.
Old 02-06-2012 | 09:09 PM
bbs350z

^i think terra was referring to your fake brides

Originally Posted by NISMOtuner
do not go with f1 spec. i got a set from him back in 08 on a sponsorship deal...never used them, got my brides, and sold the to a local kid. they looked great until 3 weeks later the cloth ripped apart, and also came off the shell and wouldnt clasp anymore. those seats are pices of ****, i wouldnt ever install them in my car.

Last edited by bbs350z; 02-06-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2012 | 12:06 AM
Nebiros

Originally Posted by EmpireDude
I'm not sure exactly why? Stuff has been in my car for a while now.. My car's not a track toy, just a cool car for the street and occasional autox. Figured I'd throw the pic up for anyone else looking at doing harness bar, harnesses or whatever. Sorry if it offended you man.
I'm going to go out in a limb here and guess he was talking about the fact that you have your belts wrapped around a 1/4" tack welded rod instead of the actualy harness bar. If you were to actually wreck with how you have it the momentum of you going forward would rip those little rods off and give you a nice mouthful of steering wheel.
Old 02-07-2012 | 01:31 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Nebiros
I'm going to go out in a limb here and guess he was talking about the fact that you have your belts wrapped around a 1/4" tack welded rod instead of the actualy harness bar. If you were to actually wreck with how you have it the momentum of you going forward would rip those little rods off and give you a nice mouthful of steering wheel.
Bingo
Old 02-07-2012 | 04:25 AM
EmpireDude
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nebiros
Originally Posted by terrasmak
Bingo

I'm a moron. Never even though about it, was just excited to get them on. Thanks for pointing it out, I never would've noticed it on my own. Gonna change it next time I'm in my car.

For a second I thought you were being one of the "forum dicks" frequently found on here, and I was kind of upset cause I had always respected your contribution to this website. Anyway, I still respect you lol, that was definitely extremely stupid on my part!
Old 02-07-2012 | 07:57 AM
bbs350z

^hah didnt even see that lmfao.