Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does changing the parking light to a whiter light make the HID area look less tainted

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 03:38 AM
sicilianoNYC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does changing the parking light to a whiter light make the HID area look less tainted

I did a search and saw that to get to the 194 parking light and the turn signal i have to remove the fender lining...is this an easy task....BUT more importantly it seems that the yellow parking light is really altering the look of the HID's and im hoping a whiter 194 bulb will clear that up?true?
Old 07-31-2003, 05:22 AM
POWERZ

You are right on both counts: remove the fender well, and the white light cleans up the look a lot.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:52 AM
Nocturnal

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is going to be tough finding a correct light to match the 350Z.

I have ran 3 set of light...or at least try them.

One is from RG (racing gear), another one from Carmate, and finally one from Piaa (all Japanese band and made).

The RG and the Piaa are pure white double LED bulb.

I end up using the RG on my car because it is whiter, and brighter then the Piaa...RG is white with a blue tint, and Piaa is white with a yellow tint, and also not as bright.

The one I got from car mate is a wide angle single LED bulb, and that is the one you see running in the picture. It looks blue, but the bulb is white, for some reason this is a effect that happen in our housing. If you put in white, it comes out blue tinted. Also, the signal LED is just isn't bright enough compare to the normal bulb.

So basically, if you are using the stock 4300k HID bulb, I would suggest going with the Piaa double LED bulb. It probably will match the color of the stock HID the most, plus you won't have a blue tinted housing look in the daylight (unless that is what you wanted).

Piaa also have a wide angle 4 LED bulb, they spread the light out, but are not as bright because the 4 LED are much smaller then the LED used in the 2 LED version.

They should range from $18-25 a pair depending on which you want.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.
Attached Thumbnails does changing the parking light to a whiter light make the HID area look less tainted-dscn0422.jpg  
Old 07-31-2003, 07:02 AM
sicilianoNYC

where do i buy those piaa 2-LED bulbs?what store/or online?
Old 07-31-2003, 07:49 AM
OC_350Z

I got some 5 LED lights on Ebay. Do a search for "Lights 350Z" My advice is to change all the lights at once so don't have to keep going in there. I changed my parking lights, high beams, and blinker at different times, big pain in the A$$. Another cool thing to check out is my the Chromed blinkers that blink amber. It's hard to tell from the picture but, they look very clean. I also got those on ebay. PM me if you need any help with the install.
Attached Thumbnails does changing the parking light to a whiter light make the HID area look less tainted-100_1271.jpg  
Old 07-31-2003, 07:50 AM
OC_350Z

You can see the Chrome blinker in this one. Looks dark in the photo for some reason. It's really the same color as the headlight housing.
Attached Thumbnails does changing the parking light to a whiter light make the HID area look less tainted-100_1272.jpg