Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Guys Here are some pics of my Z with the esprit kit replica and volks

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:43 AM
ZLuva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey it's mighty funny that Stewie and ihatethatbobbarker are "preaching on the virtues of not stealing. Tell me guys, DID YOU GET PERMISSION TO USE THOSE PICS IN YOU SIGS, OR DID YOU STEAL I MEAN "BORROW". there's an old saying "people in glass houses..." I think you know the rest. I'll Holla!!
Old 08-16-2003, 06:58 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i did
Old 08-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Red6

Originally posted by djkern
one more thing....about the whole petty issue. wouldn't you consider being petty only caring about a "name"....as in a real kit vs. a replica kit? or buying a rolex vs. a knock off rolex? wouldn't that be considered petty?

and the whole thing about getting more respect when something is real....just my opinion...but, i disagree. i think....if it looks good...people are going to give you respect. they aren't going to run around and look for a serial number and a badge to make sure it's real. only the "petty" people will.

true?
Rolex and Esprit like I said designed, marketed,and made a name for themselves. Fake knock off stuff is just bitting and fronting on the name.

People know quaility and from a ethical stand point its wrong to take other peoples hard work. Fakes especialy rolex never compare to the real thing. It all about the craftmanship that Rolex is known for.

Its like fake gold and diamonds. Not a whole lot of people support them and think they are cool. Try giving one to your GF if you support fake things. It all about the look right?

Thats the whole point people play it off like they have a real thing. Fake rolexes, diamonds or an fake JDM kits become lies and its all about deciving people. It all becomes a fantasy not reality thats fronting in my book.

Why not buy just the real thing? It would save people from lying and justifying why they bought a knock off.

Fake Rolexes watches are made in third world countries. Do you know why? Because they cant get sued.

You know why the esprit kit is being copied? slim chace of being sued here.

I guarteee if you copied Kaminari or Wings West you would be in a court. Anything copied and made in the US youd be sued up the yin yang.

People are always going to defend saving money and so on from buying fakes and knock offs. Most those people are going to front on it too.

They are going to say that thier fakes are the real deal or justify that they are better then the original. Petty IMO.

Peace.

Last edited by Red6; 08-16-2003 at 08:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:31 AM
PhoenixINX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly, I can't believe I devoted the time to this entire thread...

I have a few outtakes I'd like to present.

A this kit replica is all good in my book... for several reasons.

- When I buy a product... waiting isn't in my best interested, but if quality is to be had I wouldn't mind.

- Debating that point, the producer of this kit has pointed out MANY times that his kit actually fits BETTER with same quality as the original.

Being said... if I could buy the real kit or the knockoff which fit better for the same $$$ amount, I would most likely buy the one that will require the LEAST modification to fit cleanly.

People are being VERY fooled on the whole JDM name. While I don't care for the Borla exhaust, I APPLAUD them for bringing a piece to the market. More so making as much power as the JDM pieces for HALF the price yet identical quality.

Point being said, this piece was still copied. While I totally disagree with copying someone elses work, I have to give kudos when they are able to produce the kit more refined at far under half the cost. JDM companies are making an INSANE amount of profit for their kits.

If you're the kind of person who has to have name brand this, name brand that. Knock yourself out. I WEAR OUT the walmart and krogers brand items!

As for the "haters" in this thread. I must ask... you guys cry, *****, and complain on nearly EVERY thread on this board. WTF are your cars still stock?!?!?!

Never ONCE have I seen a thread stating your new AUTHENTIC parts, whatever they may be. Though instead hating on anyone that has put ANYTHING on their car.

Have you guys bought into something that has put you into financial instability? When I hear your arguments, that is the way you are coming across. While you're defending something... you're also not financially backing that arguement by supporting your own cause. You're bitching and moaning about something you may NEVER buy into, so why debate it?

There is truely a lack of maturity on this board, when someone is going to cry and ***** about something like this.

Knock off imposter piece... I'd be the first to flame.

Knock off piece that fits better, arrives faster, and is less expensive. ROCK ON and I hope you make a killing.

Welcome to America where our open trades have allowed for the most incredible and exciting levels of competition you will find ANYWHERE. If you can't take the heat, move to China where your *** won't have ANY positioning statements.

[/end rant]
Old 08-16-2003, 09:40 AM
djkern
Banned

haha. stewie....i'm not comparing carrots to carrots. what about the cvs brand stuff. and the grocery brand stuff. they are doing it for competition. (by the way...what field do you work in...it's obviously not sales or marketing....cause, you'd be terrible at that). all these companies (like every grocery store out there and cvs and walgreens and target)...they all make their own brand of things (toothpaste, papertowel, cereal, etc) so that they can compete with the name brands (like nabisco). and, yes, they are exactly the same....yes, a little less expensive. they do it for marketing reasons....they do it for competitiveness reasons...they do it to gain marketshare and get more profit. if you didn't know that...i think i should come and b!itch slap you myself...i don't need darwin to do it. also, look at every forum on the web....are they all stealing others ideas cause they all have the same backbone and appearance (ok, not all, but many). if you don't see how a knockoff is competition...haha, you're a joke. competition isn't just another product by another company. if so....why would gillette make the mach 2 and the mach 3?? more like why does gillette make 10 different types of razors? why do they have disposable ones and then ones you can refill? aren't they competing with one another....yes. isn't one a knockoff of the other one to a degree....yes. and don't get into the whole gillette suing schick...thats a patent violation...that's not competition. this is beating a dead horse...you have your opinion...i have mine. we obvioulsy don't see eye to eye...so, keep it at that.

also, you said "how can you call a replica kit competition"....obviously they are. and, if they aren't, why are you b!tching so much? if it's not competition...the real manufacturers shouldn' thave a problem....so, there's no problem. you're just angry that more and more people these days are buying manufactured replicas. oh well. like i said...you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with mine. you would come and tell me how awesome my car looks...then i would tell you it was replica...and you would then get all huffy. and, i would laugh at you.

ihatethatbobbarker - you said "shouldnt competition come from other companies bodykits like vertex, amuse, veilside etc. not from their own product". - again, why do companies make more than one of a certain product?? why doesn't jif only come out with creamy peanut butter? not creamy...smooth....crunchy....extra crunchy...etc??

ZLuva - i like your comment though. it's 100% true. i stated that to stewie before about being "original". haha.

Evil350z - amen!

obviously people have different opinions. oh well. i'm not going to cry over it.

Last edited by djkern; 08-16-2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:11 AM
350ed
Professional

Wink Food comments

Just some comments about the food comparisons...

When CVS/etc sell the similar product in their packaging, in almost all cases they getting that product from the original producer.

CVS/etc rebrands it! They don't say "CVS Colgate Toothpaste", it's "CVS Toothpaste".

Companies sell their own "higher-end" brand since many people are brand focused and THINK they are getting better product. Those same companies also OEM their product to others for cheaper branded no-name products since many people don't care about paying more for a brand. Yes, it's almost or exactly the same product, depends on the vendor, but they don't care becuase they want to capture the entire market, not just the high end. It happens in all porduct categories, including cars.

I agree they should make it clear that it's a replica kit. I'd still buy it though because I'm not brand/JDM focused.

Peace, and love the REPLICA kit
Old 08-16-2003, 04:39 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

ihatethatbobbarker - you said "shouldnt competition come from other companies bodykits like vertex, amuse, veilside etc. not from their own product". - again, why do companies make more than one of a certain product?? why doesn't jif only come out with creamy peanut butter? not creamy...smooth....crunchy....extra crunchy...etc??

to capture more of the market, some people like smooth more then extra crunchy

thats why ings has 3 different front ends, for 3 different preferrences and to draw more people to their products
but a knockoff kit only hurts their sales and encourages people to buy something else, while at the same time cheapening their name.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:08 PM
SharpST77

uh.
uh.

its not like esprit aint making money for selling the real deal...there are ppl who r buying the real kit also...in japan probably...

with replicas..customers get a cheap version of the kit they want= them happy, replica kit sellers are making money = them happy, and the company that makes the esprit kit is making money selling the real deal = them happy

so its a win win situation guys.
Old 08-16-2003, 06:12 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

you call esperit and let me know if they are happy someone is copying their kit and making money off of it
Old 08-16-2003, 07:09 PM
pinnacleliquid

Default Wonderful Thread - look what you started parker LOL

Hey Guys Here are some pics of my Z with the esprit kit replica and volks

This was his opening statement. Seems he readily admitted to the sin of replicating. So much for he said, she said.

Copies of quality products abound in every industry. Especially if the design is appealing and noteworthy. You can be sure there are a handfull of garages in Japan burning the midnight oil knocking off the Esprit kit, and every other good looking kit out there. I have friends in the wheel business that fear introducing their new designs cause they know some jerk is going to photograph it, email it to a factory in China, have it designed within 3 hours, in production within 48 hours and they will have a couple of shipping containers full of them at our shoreline within 2 weeks. Welcome to the global economy facilitated by NAFTA.
I have been designing wood dash kits for over 20 years now. Lots of the companies still out there used to buy my kits. I knew they were copying my designs. I have no legal recourse though even if he was across town. Most companies must charge higher prices to support the advertising for that product. You pay more for Colgate toothpaste to pay for their commercials on TV. CVS, although a TV advertiser can spread the cost of that advertising throughout their product line, not just their house brand toothpaste. So they can sell it cheaper.
All in all this was a pretty nasty thread. Kill it and leave Parker alone.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:14 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by Evil350z

As for the "haters" in this thread. I must ask... you guys cry, *****, and complain on nearly EVERY thread on this board. WTF are your cars still stock?!?!?!

Never ONCE have I seen a thread stating your new AUTHENTIC parts, whatever they may be. Though instead hating on anyone that has put ANYTHING on their car.

[/end rant]
I personally dont like knockoff and fake kits, and think htey cheapen the image of the people who have the authentic piece. So call me a "hater" if you want, doesnt make a difference to me. And no my car is not stock, and yes I do have all authentic parts on my car. Just because I dont make a new thread so I can brag about every new part i get for my car doesnt mean I dont have anything on my car. The "haters" on this thread arent hating on anyone who has put anything on their car, theyre only expressing their dislike for the fake knockoff parts put on the car. I'll be the first to say that I like Volk SF-Winnings which are on Parker's car, but am not a fan of a fake body kits...and im sure that red6, stewie, and bobbarker feel the same.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:21 PM
exa4driver

Originally posted by MATIX
I personally dont like knockoff and fake kits, and think htey cheapen the image of the people who have the authentic piece. So call me a "hater" if you want, doesnt make a difference to me. And no my car is not stock, and yes I do have all authentic parts on my car. Just because I dont make a new thread so I can brag about every new part i get for my car doesnt mean I dont have anything on my car. The "haters" on this thread arent hating on anyone who has put anything on their car, theyre only expressing their dislike for the fake knockoff parts put on the car. I'll be the first to say that I like Volk SF-Winnings which are on Parker's car, but am not a fan of a fake body kits...and im sure that red6, stewie, and bobbarker feel the same.
I don't own a Z, yet, but I fully agree with Matix. For example, I had a set of Volk AV3's years ago on a previous car. When the knockoffs from Konig came out, people thought they were Konigs. Now wouldn't that make you a little mad that you spent your hard earned money on a quality, original product, only to have people think its something cheaper.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:49 AM
old_s13

Default Re: Wonderful Thread - look what you started parker LOL

Originally posted by pinnacleliquid
You can be sure there are a handfull of garages in Japan burning the midnight oil knocking off the Esprit kit, and every other good looking kit out there.[/B]
I dont know about that. In Japanese culture, "pride" has a lot to do with how you live and how you make your money. I wouldnt say knock-off products are a common-occurance in Japan, but I absolutely believe that this moral is NOT shared or followed by other countries in asia. Hence the reason for so many knock-off products originating from Thaiwan, Korea, and China. Japan has a very good reputation in my book.

- Mike
Old 08-17-2003, 10:57 AM
swifty949

i have something to say about fake boobies. A fake breast is a gril at a club with rubber breast inserts, you get decieved cause the boobies aren't big at all.

Implants are a different story, thats more like modifying...

As for the competition...competiton comes from outside, and is not an EXACT replica. A replica looks EXACTLY the same as the original, the generic brand products at the grocery store have different packaging.

If you think it's rightous, then why does the Chinese government make an effort to stop illegal Microsoft Windows from being made? It's called Piracy. So someone got mad at Microsoft and made a copy, and happened to make money off it? So that's ok, right?

I'm still waiting to see pictures of an unfinished kit. I want to see the predrilled bolt holes, and the back side of the kit, for the point to proven. How can you use pictures of a finished product, and say it's better fitting, especially when the seller/copier has vested intrest in it?
Old 08-17-2003, 01:00 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread has strayed way too far off course.

hmn............
Old 08-17-2003, 01:47 PM
djkern
Banned

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
this thread has strayed way too far off course.

hmn............
close it.....too much b!tching going on now.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:22 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So everyone bitchin about replica kits and real kits....

You guys all usin an IBM compatible computer or an ACTUAL IBM????

I had to beat the dead horse as well...c'mon everyone's doin it!
Old 08-18-2003, 04:36 AM
ZLuva

Originally posted by djkern
close it.....too much b!tching going on now.

Amen Brother!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 09:33 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by 35oZephyR

doesnt ibm get payed royalties for certain things
i know they useto i cant imagine thats changed.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:26 AM
pinnacleliquid

Default That's the ticket Parker....

Originally posted by 35oZephyR

Don't call it a replica, don't even say it is 'in the style of', all you have to say is it's a CLONE. A much more acceptable term, these days anyway.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys Here are some pics of my Z with the esprit kit replica and volks