Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Installed Stillen Type 1 Wing on Redline Track

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 01:46 PM
daking350
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know why the link did not work but its under "Problems With Stillen Wing"
Old 08-07-2003, 01:48 PM
daking350
Banned

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38761
Old 08-07-2003, 02:56 PM
krutoydude

I put a sponge inside my wing to prevent this problem but when I put my car in the sun sponge does not help. I am thinking of Ings Half spoiler: anybody makes a knock off?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:23 PM
zeroday

I emailed Stillen pics of 2 different Z's with this problem; Krutoydude's and Daking's. I also spoke with them about this issue. They look interested in rectifying the situation. Let's give them a chance. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Please let me or them know if you are having this problem..I will be calling them tomorrow to follow up. Here is the email correspondence (reads bottom to top):

Mr. Johnson,

I left you a phone message earlier and I wanted to attempt to get in contact with you this way as well. We were looking at those pictures and they are a bit of a concern. I was wondering if you knew the name of the owner of the cars that were having these problems, because we would like to
get ahold of these customers and try and resolve this problem as quickly as possible. If you could let me know either by phone or e-mail I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Daniel Rice
Stillen Customer Service
714-540-5566 X160

----- Original Message -----
To: jgreenfield@stillen.com
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 11:22 AM
Subject: Type 1 Spoiler 'dent' pictures per our conversation

Josh,

Attached is a zip file with several pictures of the problem we discussed earlier where the wing is denting in the center when exposed to prolonged sunlight/heat. I can appreciate that this issue will only get attention if you see it on a number of Z's so hopefully this is something you can keep on file until/if you guys determine this is a systemic issue with the type 1 spoiler. I was only able to find one picture of the Super Black Z with the problem, (and it's not a very good one but you can still see the dent in the center of the wing) but I am currently trying to get better pics from the owner and from his friend who apparently has the same problem. Thanks for you attention to this. It also would be very helpful if Stillen could attempt to determine which preparation method is causing this problem, if it is in fact to to improper prep. work, so the installation instructions could be modified with that info.Thanks for your attention to this; again, I do not have this problem, and so far I am very happy with this product, but my spoiler has only been installed for about a week. Just want to make sure this doesn't happen to me.

Thanks,
Mark Johnson
Old 09-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Nismo350

Default Zeroday???

How are you making out w/ your wing?
Old 09-24-2003, 10:35 PM
zeroday

Default Re: Zeroday???

Originally posted by Nismo350
How are you making out w/ your wing?
no problems. I heard about the problems these guys had before I bought the wing, but I liked the design so much I risked it...(this is before I saw how stillen treated daking350). I had the installers reinforce the inside center area of the wing with plastic packing material for support to prevent the plastic from warping. I've had the wing for half the summer with the car in 90 plus degree heat for extended periods of time, and no deformations yet. I think this design compliments the Z very well, but it sucks that Stillen is the manufacturer. They obviously don't stand behind their products like they should. I won't be buying any more Stillen products. I hope everyone that reads this will consider doing the same.

If someone makes a fiberglass knockoff, i'd rip this one off and replace it just to thumb my nose at stillen...even if it costs me a few hundred more.

Stillen=
Old 09-25-2003, 03:50 AM
nanotek

Default Rear emblem

Hi REDZSTER.

Did you have to remove your rear emblem to install the wing? I see that it is covered up.

thnx!
Old 06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
CLS

Zeroday;
Do you still have this wing? Did you install it with the screws or just double sided tape? How is it holding up?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:41 PM
B-Unit

Good lord this **** was resurected from the depths of dispair!!!

Side note: Zeroday sold his car and no longer frequents this site.

Side Note 2: The wing is held on by double sided tape, no screws are needed.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:36 AM
CLS

Yeah...I knew it was pretty old. Do you have this wing? I am not sure if I can trust double-sided tape to hold it on. But, I really don't like the idea of drilling holes into my hatch either.