Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you like your stock seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
red_magic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VanZed
Thanks for the input....I am just about to have the stock cloth replaced with Katzkin
I got my leather dealer installed just to get the warranty to cover them also. By the way I love the stockers. Only thing is, I like the steering wheel low, and when I clutch my thigh hits the steering wheel, even with the lowest seat setting. A little bit annoying, but as of right now I wouldn't change them out. I'd rather spend the cash on performance mods.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
todd3001

i like mine they are ok stock, but i would prolly prefer something more comfortable like recaros.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 AM
bigbgballz

Default stock

07 base cloth seats are fine but i am 6'-4" and i would rather get another seat that will sit me lower and i need some more leg room. Anybody know seat like that ?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
RandyK1

I called Corbeau and they said that they can shave 1" off the base of alot of their seats (but not all of them) for $40 per seat. I asked them about the LG1 seats (the ones I want to order for my Z) and they said that the LG1 is their lowest profile seat and that it couldnt be shaved but because its already low it wouldnt need to be shaved any way. I am 6' 3" and my hair rubs the roof, so a little lower would be great. I found the seats for $349 each shipped (new) plus $100 each for the sliders. I will post a pic when when I get them in the Z. I will be ordering them next week.

Last edited by RandyK1; 10-06-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:00 PM
SchismX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock cloth seats here. The bolsters are becoming badly worn (couple small holes already). New seats are in the future.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:36 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Escobar
I don't mind them, but I would definitely prefer something aftermarket, just can't justify paying for seats, I'd rather spend it on a performance mod.
+1
Old 10-07-2008, 10:48 AM
o2sys

justify paying for seats? Then you have not sat on a good performance seat like recaro/bride.

Seat change the entire feeling of the car, though it may seam like a pure cosmetic change, it can be as good an expensive coilover system type of change.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

my two best mods i've done to the Z:

Aftermarket Seats and LSD.

when you get aftermarket seats.. you WEAR the car. honestly. its like you know so much more on how it will handle.

my non adjustable sparco evo seats are just as supportive and if not more comfortable than oem... and no sliding around when taking sharp turns...

if u want a lower seat base, i highly recommend custom seat rails instead of those pos ones that come from wedge. they only cost maybe $50 more to do a custom set than purchasing a pre-made one. and you can adjust how low the seat is.

really worth it imho.. as for those with side impact air bags. there are resistors u can put in to make sure the airbag light doesnt flash..
Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
350Zdj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^true that. although i like my leather burnt orange so much, ive been really thinking of installing aftermarket seats (the adjustable ones).

Stock's automatic seats and heaters, leather cover, they're pretty nice n fancy. but at the track they're more like hindrances - seat wasnt very supportive as i attacked corners. the leather becomes too slippery when they get old!

also, if you get close to the steering wheel to assume PROPER racing position, you can't comfortably do a full 180 degree turn with both hands cuz the elbows hit/rub the sides of the seat. GRRR!!! disturbs the concentration!

upgrading to an aftermarket seat should also help raise up the power-to-weight ratio. another must-have upgrade imo.

so my conclusion is: 50%love and 50%hate on my orig seats

1 quick question though - will the airbag/seatbelt warning and stuff still work when u replace the orig with aftermarkets?

Last edited by 350Zdj; 10-07-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-07-2008, 01:40 PM
350zhaze

I hate to thread jack, but I was wondering if there is any way to lower the stock seat ride hieght. I love my stock cloth seats but I would just like them to bit an inch lower or so, ya know. anyway of doing this without doing something drastic.

thanks in advance
Old 10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
]1 quick question though - will the airbag/seatbelt warning and stuff still work when u replace the orig with aftermarkets?
yes. still works. if you have a weight sensor in the seat, you'll have to roll it up and trick the car to think there is someone in the seat, and for side airbag just need resistor in place.

everything else in the car for airbags should work...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM
350Zdj

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ah great! thanks so much for the info bro!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my stock black cloth seats but I dream of anything with a carbon fiber back.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye
that was the first thing my dad bitched about when he sat in it.
The stock cloth seats are made to the lowest denominator. Base model Civic seats are more solid than ours base cloth. Strictly talking from a manufacturing standpoint, I don't mind how the stock cloth seats function as far as seating position and support. A bit more heavy duty as far as construction, and slots for a harness would have been nice though...

TK
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 PM
norapat01

I love my stock heated leather seat, great for winter/chilly weather. Not gonna trade it for anything else!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have stock cloth, they are ok, I feel like the back arches backwards too much and is not supportive of the upperback/neck, and the only way to sit super comfortably is to sit wayyy back which I dislike.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 AM
phinmac

Originally Posted by RandyK1
I called Corbeau and they said that they can shave 1" off the base of alot of their seats (but not all of them) for $40 per seat. I asked them about the LG1 seats (the ones I want to order for my Z) and they said that the LG1 is their lowest profile seat and that it couldnt be shaved but because its already low it wouldnt need to be shaved any way. I am 6' 3" and my hair rubs the roof, so a little lower would be great. I found the seats for $349 each shipped (new) plus $100 each for the sliders. I will post a pic when when I get them in the Z. I will be ordering them next week.
Please let me know how they fit... Im looking at the same thing for my Z. Im just wondering about the width and if they will rub the door. Need something more comfortable, my back is a little to wide for stock seats. Been searching for some info on this for days now. thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 09:53 AM
RandyK1

I ended up getting the Corbeau A4 seats insted of the LG-1 seats. I called Corbeau to ask about seat hights and was told that if they shave 1" off of the A4 seats that the A4 seats (shaved) would be lower then the LG-1 seats. I have a 36" waist and the seats feel good. I am glad I got the shaved A4 seats because even shaved they are the same hight as the stock seats are. The A4 seats are a little narrower then the stock seats also so nothing rubs the seats at all.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
phinmac

Thanks, Im not that tall at all about 5'9" and 38 inch waste so being tall wont be an issue. I think the lg1 will work for me, I just didnt know if the width would work in the car.Thanks for the info.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM
RandyK1

The LG-1 seats will fit in the Z with no problem. The pic you see of the LG-1 online is the wide version of the seat. I went to a shop in my area to sit in the LG-1 and mesure before I ordered to make sure they would fit. The A4 seat at its widest point is 21.5" wide, the LG-1 seat at its widest point is 20.5", just so you know that they will fit your Z. Also, this place has the best deal on the seats with shipping included you can also order the sliders from the same site but you will have to call in your order as Z sliders are not listed on the site. You will have to go to the Corbeau site and look up the slider part numbers. Here is the site with the best price (very nice people also) http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...cing_Seat.html

Quick Reply: Do you like your stock seats?