Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you like your stock seats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Silkfiveseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you want to upgrade if you...... could......
im pretty sure everyone here would upgrade if they could >.>
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
phinmac

Originally Posted by RandyK1
The LG-1 seats will fit in the Z with no problem. The pic you see of the LG-1 online is the wide version of the seat. I went to a shop in my area to sit in the LG-1 and mesure before I ordered to make sure they would fit. The A4 seat at its widest point is 21.5" wide, the LG-1 seat at its widest point is 20.5", just so you know that they will fit your Z. Also, this place has the best deal on the seats with shipping included you can also order the sliders from the same site but you will have to call in your order as Z sliders are not listed on the site. You will have to go to the Corbeau site and look up the slider part numbers. Here is the site with the best price (very nice people also) http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...cing_Seat.html
Thanks Randy, youre a big help,,, i guess lg1 it is then.. was it comfortable when you sat in it?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 PM
RandyK1

Originally Posted by phinmac
was it comfortable when you sat in it?
Yes, It will hold you in tight and its very comfortable.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love my brides. when i first got them i almost changed my mind because they were " tight", so a few months ago i got a pair of oem leather seats..... wow i had them in the car for 2 days. brides are back and they are staying ! it truly depends on you. i get in my car to drive, not to get from point A to point B.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:25 AM
phinmac

Great thanks for the info Randy. Looks like ill be ordering the LG1.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 AM
phinmac

Originally Posted by Tac-M
love my brides. when i first got them i almost changed my mind because they were " tight", so a few months ago i got a pair of oem leather seats..... wow i had them in the car for 2 days. brides are back and they are staying ! it truly depends on you. i get in my car to drive, not to get from point A to point B.
Brides are nice. I like to drive as well, just wanted something thats more comfortable yet still sport oriented.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:08 AM
o2sys

As the OP and after owning the car about 2 1/2 months...i feel that the stock seats aren't bad for what they are...

I've had recaro sports in my last car and ofcourse the stocks are no where near that but pretty tight for USDM stock seats.

I wouldnt mind upgrading to RECAROs or other aftermarket seats as i believe is one of the best mods you can do to ANY car (Tires and Seats) but the 350z being a low car getting in and out cause EXTRA wear on the bolsters. This came to my concern, thinking the seats will wear faster than it did on my previous car....

I think i will keep the stockers and upgrade to leather hoping the slipperiness will make it easier to get in and out?
Old 12-17-2008, 03:56 PM
Yohda

what are you guys think about Recaro SRD vs black stock leather seats?
I have srd in my z
im pretty daily driver..

which one is look nice and comfortable or quality?
Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
o2sys

Originally Posted by Yohda
what are you guys think about Recaro SRD vs black stock leather seats?
I have srd in my z
im pretty daily driver..

which one is look nice and comfortable or quality?
RECAROs by far are better in everyway.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Yohda

so....

recaro srd > stock leather seats?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have stock cloth seats and i think they're perfect. The driver side is a little worn but you can't see them once im sitting on it lol. They're very comfortable and i have nothing but good things to say about them. But i do want to upgrade to oem leather tho.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:15 PM
350zhaze

Can anyone tell me if there are seat rails out there that would lower the stock seats.. I want to keep my stock cloth seats but I would like them lower to the floor. and I'd like to do this without cutting and hacking away at stuff.

Last edited by 350zhaze; 02-08-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:23 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Honestly, the stock seats are...ok. For me, they do not offer enough support. I slide around on sharp turns, and there isnt enough lumbar support for my lower back. I often find myself using my legs and knees supporting myself so i stay put when im doing some canyon runs.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by aloh
Honestly, the stock seats are...ok. For me, they do not offer enough support. I slide around on sharp turns, and there isnt enough lumbar support for my lower back. I often find myself using my legs and knees supporting myself so i stay put when im doing some canyon runs.
do you have leather or cloth seats? i find my cloth ones hold pretty well on turns but i would suspect you would slip a bit with leather
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 PM
G35cTT

Originally Posted by o2sys
Does everyone like their stock Z seats?

Whether its leather or cloth, do you find them comfortable?

Would you want to upgrade to RECAROs or BRIDEs if you could?

Pros and Cons?

Reason I'm asking is cuz i have a pair or RECAROs from an Mitsu EVO.

The seats are worn but i can get them reupholstered for a very good price, just need to order some brackets to make it fit...

Your opinions please~(i dont have a Z yet, in the proccess of delivery)
I have a G w/ the some Bride buckets of course they're not as comfy as the OEM heated reclinable seats but these buckets weigh about 20lbs each which is alot less then the driver seat and a little lighter then the pass seat if you're trying to reduce any weight that's a plus. It's more of a con if you're a big guy probably, I'm only 5'8 160lb and I have no problem sitting in the seats as my driver side did feel like it stretched wider so it's more comfortable in the leg area. Only real con I can think of is getting in and out you and your passenger has to sort of not climb in but it's not like a regular oem seat were you can slide in and out. You'll get used to it though. Haven't driven for longer then 3hrs in them so not sure how that would go. Plus is when corner the seats just hug and you don't have to have your foot on the dead pedal to try to make your body stick to the seat. If possible try to sit in a demo seat or a fellow Z/G friend that has them to really see if you would like them or not. Initially I didn't like it but now it's not an issue
Old 02-06-2009, 04:22 AM
Carter86

cloth stock here. I love it.

I had sparco speed seat in my AE86 in the past. It held me very well when Im drifting. But it was a bit uncomfortable lol The stock Z seat holds me well at drift events so Im not gonna upgrade it.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Z04

plus if you look at the stock seats their overall design is basically the same as some of these "racing" sets out there, the major difference is that they have a detachable headrest and those others do not.

i love my cloth seats as well.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:54 AM
07rdsterGT

I have the burnt orange w/ ventilated seatbacks. I LOVE THEM. Last year, all summer long, I never had a sweaty shirt because of having leather seats do to the ventilated seatbacks. I couldn't be happier. This winter my butt has been toast every morning on the way to work. It's a win win as far as I'm concerned. They are stock so they have full power but still maintain an aggressive look like racing seats.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
350zhaze

Can anyone tell me if there are seat rails out there that would lower the stock seats.. I want to keep my stock cloth seats but I would like them lower to the floor. and I'd like to do this without cutting and hacking away at stuff.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Get_Zwole

i love my stockers. I have to have leather . When these get more worn ill go to a custom leather rewrap. Id like some aftermarket racers but cant justify spending over a k for seats i already have.

Quick Reply: Do you like your stock seats?