Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seats & Harness Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 10:55 AM
AML225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats & Harness Questions

Hey guys, I hope this is the right subform.

One of the first mods I want to do to my Z is a nice pair of race seats and harnesses with the intentions of eventually tracking my car but also keeping it totally street legal.

I just want to figure out a route that will keep it totally street legal and completely safe but also track functional.

I know if I get harnesses I need a harness bar which mounts to the B pillar frame but do you also need a roll cage for harnesses to be completely safe? I know with stock seats if the car flips and the roof collapses the stock seats will push down or allow you to be pushed down, what about sport seats without a roll cage? Is that just asking for a snapped neck?

Any information or references would be much appreciated, I'm not planning on doing this for another year or more but I wanted to get started on my research and figure out my goals early.

PS- Not sure if it matters but the seats I would want would be semi race seats that are reclinable rather than solid shells.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM
NightRider88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AML225
Hey guys, I hope this is the right subform.

One of the first mods I want to do to my Z is a nice pair of race seats and harnesses with the intentions of eventually tracking my car but also keeping it totally street legal.

I just want to figure out a route that will keep it totally street legal and completely safe but also track functional.

I know if I get harnesses I need a harness bar which mounts to the B pillar frame but do you also need a roll cage for harnesses to be completely safe? I know with stock seats if the car flips and the roof collapses the stock seats will push down or allow you to be pushed down, what about sport seats without a roll cage? Is that just asking for a snapped neck?

Any information or references would be much appreciated, I'm not planning on doing this for another year or more but I wanted to get started on my research and figure out my goals early.

PS- Not sure if it matters but the seats I would want would be semi race seats that are reclinable rather than solid shells.
You probably would want to get a bolt in roll cage....kirk racing has it