Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille

Ok, took possession of my multi-colored child again, and snapped some pics to share.

New additions are as follows:
-Braille Auto B2015 No-Weight 15lb All Season Battery

Instead of drilling holes and using the J-hook kit, I just cut a small block of wood, and put it under the battery (so I added 1 more lb to the battery, it's still light). Now it mounts with the factory mount in the factory location.

I was going to go with the smaller battery, since this car is not daily driven, but there wasn't a whole lot of weight difference between the two, so I chose the piece of mind with the higher cranking amps of the 15lb battery.

-Weber Sports Carbon Fiber Front Bumper

As with all of the new body pieces, the body shop created new reinforcemnt brackets all over the car. These pieces have a lot more air resistance pushing on them then the factory pieces, so need some reinforcement at highway+ speeds.

Once we put this on we realized that everything behind the bumper looked like crap, so the shop sprayed everything behind the bumper black. Looks much better.

There are two holes in the center CF piece with which you can mount a plate to. I had these painted black as well, and now they blend right in.

The window washer fluid reservoir is still there in case I want it as an extra reservoir (meth injection or something else silly in years to come), however that is painted black as well.

Some hate this bumper, but I absolutely love it. I think it flows perfectly with my hood and my paint scheme. If I ever get FI in this thing, it will be perfect to direct air to both the intercooler and radiator.

-Ings+1 FRP E-Type Rear bumper

Not much too much to say about this. High quality piece with quality fit. Nice big holes in the rear. The shop who put it on said it was the best part of the car.

The grills come silver, and as with all grills in the entire car, I had them painted black. It's a noticable improvement.

Currently I have the veilside v.1 wing on the car (it came with the car - I hate it because it is heavy as hell, and really isn't as functional as it should be). So to go with the E-type rear bumper, I do want to get the E-type spoiler in the future. I'll pick up a carbon hatch to go with it, when I do.

-Sarona Design vented front fenders

Fitment of these was tough, but only because of the new CF doors. Besides that, there were no brackets to mount the stock fenderliners on them, so no more fender liners. Next step is some fat meat (tires) and new rims, so I was going to have to nix the fender liners anyway.

We painted a black strip on the top of these (and a black strip on the hood to fade the fenders into the CF hood seemlessly) to match the rest of the top of the car. It came out well.

-B Magic Carbon Fiber doors

These were very light and took a little bit to actually get on the car. The problem was that they were TOO light. The shop had to reinforce them in high stress areas (like the doorhandle) with some resin, so they would not break.

My only gripe is that now that they are painted you would never know they were carbon fiber (but they do look a lot better painted than if I left them CF).

Putting these doors on eliminated the regular door stops. So to keep the doors from flying open and destroying the door and fender, cable stops were put in.

-Sumopower Driver’s + Passenger’s side Lexan windows 3/16” thick

Since I was making the doors lighter, I figured I would go the whole way and make the windows lighter. The windows no longer go up and down (disconnected them) as this would scratch the hell out of them.

There is some wind-noise on the highway because to get them to a fixed position, they could not be put to the normal up position (remember your windows automatically roll up and down a bit when the door opens and closes). It's not a big deal to me though. And the fact that they don't roll down isn't big either because I am keeping the AC unit in the car.

You can't use window tint on plastic (because plastic lets out gas and will bubble the tint), so these windows are not tinted. Some lexan windows come with a tint in the plastic itself, but alas, mine did not. So, I have my tail lights tinted with VHT nightshades. I'm thinking I'm going to try to tint these windows with the nightshades as well. I may buy some lexan for the rear quarters and try that first before I do these, just to make sure it works.

-Sarona Design side skirts

These weren't new, but since I got the Sarona fenders, I was able to move the Z to the side skirt, where it is supposed to go. I bought new emblems just so they would look good.

That's it, now for the pics....
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-1.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-2.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-3.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-4.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-5.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:46 AM

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-7.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-8.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-9.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-10.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-11.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:48 AM

And more...
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-12.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-13.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-14.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-15.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-16.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:49 AM

Some more...
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-17.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-18.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-19.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-21.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-22.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM

She loves the camera...
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-23.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-24.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-25.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-26.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-27.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM

Keeps going...
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-28.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-29.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-30.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-31.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-32.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:51 AM

Almost done...
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-33.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-34.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-35.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-36.jpg   New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-37.jpg  

Old 12-07-2008, 11:52 AM

And...last one!
Attached Thumbnails New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille-38.jpg  
Old 12-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Changvi

Sorry to break it to ya, the kit looks like its been pieced together. It doesn't flow or what so ever. Especially the front bumper........

Last edited by Changvi; 12-07-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:26 PM
ZKansasZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not my cup of soy sauce but whatever fits your liking, mang !
Old 12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
DelayedZ

Some black volks and bam...sexy time!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:21 PM
350Z maniac

Looks good but you gotta get some new rims..
Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
can'tZme

Rear bumper and spoiler I don't like, but thats just me. Get you some black wheels and your done!
Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 PM
yusoslo

so you have CF doors to offset your GINORMOUS wing and rear bumper and front bumper??
Old 12-07-2008, 01:52 PM
DrZeyas

are you going to get/have some wheels? that's alot of money to leave on some stocks. the car looks super busy, but i'm sure if i saw it in person i would like it
Old 12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
r_seng

i see what you did there... or failed to do...

Old 12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
gennosuke1

wow man no offfense but the color combo doesnt work IMO

kidna wasted your money but at least the front looks like the gtr
Old 12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Sorry..... Some high end parts but lacks execution! As people have stated before, kit looks pieced together with no consideration for the car's existing body lines. Also not sure what's the reason for CF doors and lexan windows when we all know this car will never see the track. I don't think even nice wheels would help.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:24 PM
ttuberz
Banned

why? what is the point of that ridiculous body kit? i don't understand why you wasted your money in ruining the car...fast and the furious was 10 yrs ago man.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM
EVISU

sorry but...this is why i don't have an interest in body kits.
stuff like this just makes a great looking stock car look like a bootleg sports car..
i'd rather invest in performance but hey it's your cup of tea.

Quick Reply: New look: Weber Sports, INGS+1, B-Magic, Sarona, Sumopower, Braille