Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vertex knockoff

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:08 PM
chadagliam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question vertex knockoff

has anyone encountered problems with the fitment of the vis version of the vertex kit?thanks

http://www.krazykustomzonline.com/im...02DVSP-001.jpg
Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 PM
deyj28

oh boy...get your flame suit ready lol

get the version select kit! fitment is great. I only had an issue with one side skirt, but the body shop fixed that

Last edited by deyj28; 12-24-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:42 PM
chadagliam

geeeze.just wondering.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:20 AM
kevincat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if this helps.....i just order a VIS vertex kit and it fitted like ****. nothing fits. the front was sooooo offf they it wouldnt even go on, the sides were too shorts and some bumps prevent it to go on, the rear was ok but was not installable.

i spoke with the owner of vis in cali and he stated that he currently have a new mold and that mold had a problem. but other than that i have heard good thing bout VIS
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 AM

I think you'd be better of going with the Version Select kit.

www.versionselect.com

I've had good experiences in the past with ORIGIN and Version Select kits with my S14 and S13.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:56 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

To OP, you own a >$25K car, why are you gonna cheap out on something that affects the overall look of your car? Vertex has some of the best quality I have seen in terms of fit and finish amongst all body kit makers considering the price. Not to mention, when you buy KNOCKOFFS, you are esentially helping STEAL from originators like Vertex.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:18 PM
hatchboi

Originally Posted by MethodRN
To OP, you own a >$25K car, why are you gonna cheap out on something that affects the overall look of your car? Vertex has some of the best quality I have seen in terms of fit and finish amongst all body kit makers considering the price. Not to mention, when you buy KNOCKOFFS, you are esentially helping STEAL from originators like Vertex.
+1 on the fit, vertex fits like a glove!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Changvi

Couldn't have said any better.....
Old 12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
kevincat

well seem like you're sponsor by vertex so your answer is super biased.

i think op knows how authentic things fit but he created this thread to get some insight on a particular replica fits.

not all knockoffs are bad.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:42 PM
dozzer1b

I had a VIS hood, it fits like CRAP!!!! i'd stay away from there products!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

well as for myself. i have had good experiences with replicas. in my past cars i've used replica parts. heres a quick list of parts that i've used on my car/friends/family

93 prelude - front bumper - AIT RACING - bad fitment
93 prelude - sideskirts - AIT RACING - bad fitment
b15 cf hood - vis - great fitment
b15 r33 front bumper - vis - great fitment
veilside side wings - replica off a member here - good fitment
nismo front lip - gstmotoring - i had to use screws since bolts didn't line up
z33 carbonfiber lip overlay - ebay -3m tape
z32 - stillen full kit - replica (cousin's car) - good fitment

yeah it was somewhat a hit and miss thing, but overall i've had good experiences
Old 12-24-2008, 07:33 PM
kelsey_kaye

it helps when you're sponsored and/or have the money just for the car. not everyone is sitting this good in life to blow away money for everything authentic, although it would fit better.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 PM
deyj28

^ agreed 100%. Although I have the money to buy the vertex kit, I chose the version select kit b/c cost installed and painted was cheaper then buying the real kit itself. I normally do not buy anythig that is a knock off, but i could not justify paying that much for a body kit when I can get the VS kit for 1/3 of the price.

If I was able to obtain a sponsorship from Vertex I would have gone that route (and still would b/c I am sure the discounted price for a sponsored car is amazing), but living in Wisconsin no body kit company will sponsor the car.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:40 PM
chadagliam

thanks for the help guys.im jus gonna save up for the vertex.i dont wanna run into bs.my seibon vs front lip gave me tons of problems.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Concave
Banned

i thought vertex ripped off origin labs?
Old 12-25-2008, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Concave
i thought vertex ripped off origin labs?
The Vertex aero designs were the original. ORIGIN Lab is a Japanese company (http://origin-labo.jp/pc/) which used some of the Vertex designs to make their own.... but the company has a U.S division http://www.origin-lab.com which is very popular in the U.S among S-chassis owners. Version Select is affiliated with ORIGIN USA. Like I said before... having owned a few of their aero kits... i've never been dissapointed with fitment. check my myspace in my sig below to see pics of my ORIGIN kit on my previous car (S14)... fitment was perfect. This is why I went with Version Select for my 350z.

Last edited by status:one; 12-25-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by kevincat
well seem like you're sponsor by vertex so your answer is super biased.

i think op knows how authentic things fit but he created this thread to get some insight on a particular replica fits.

not all knockoffs are bad.
Originally Posted by kelsey_kaye
it helps when you're sponsored and/or have the money just for the car. not everyone is sitting this good in life to blow away money for everything authentic, although it would fit better.
Originally Posted by deyj28
^ agreed 100%. Although I have the money to buy the vertex kit, I chose the version select kit b/c cost installed and painted was cheaper then buying the real kit itself. I normally do not buy anythig that is a knock off, but i could not justify paying that much for a body kit when I can get the VS kit for 1/3 of the price.

If I was able to obtain a sponsorship from Vertex I would have gone that route (and still would b/c I am sure the discounted price for a sponsored car is amazing), but living in Wisconsin no body kit company will sponsor the car.

Yes I am sponsored by Vertex, but I approached them. Not the other way around. Reason being is because I believe in their products. I used to have a Ings +1 N-Spec kit, before the Vertex. The fitment on the front bumper was better than stock.

In order to get sponsorships you actually have to build the car up to a certain point so that sponsors can see your potential in marketing their products. Also, full sponsorships for major things like aero is rare unless it's a track car. So I still paid for my kit.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:45 AM
deyj28

In order to get sponsorships you actually have to build the car up to a certain point so that sponsors can see your potential in marketing their products. Also, full sponsorships for major things like aero is rare unless it's a track car. So I still paid for my kit.
I could not agree with you more. My previous post was not an attack like other, all I was pointing out is that even though I have built my car to that certain point, I know I will not get a partial sponsorship from them due to my location. b/c I can only show 5-6 months out of the year. although this year will be different b/c I do plan on making a few long trips this year.

BTW your car is amazing!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Thanks man.

Don't give up on trying to get sponsored. I'm in Houston, Tx. so it wasn't easy for me to gain sponsorship either.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:15 AM
kelsey_kaye

Yes I am sponsored by Vertex, but I approached them.

Thanks man.

Don't give up on trying to get sponsored. I'm in Houston, Tx. so it wasn't easy for me to gain sponsorship either.
I get what you're saying method, but it's all preference. Your car is more of a show car if I'm correct?? In that case if everyone was building a car like yours, then I would definitely go authentic, and you can never go wrong with that. Everybody loves the idea of a perfect fit, but I guess for the majority of people that just was the kit for their personal love for cars and not shows, replicas are just fine.

Now I'm curious, how does your sponsorship worked if you still paid for the kit? I'm guessing you still got a decent discount, right? Honestly, I'm quite shocked it was hard to get sponsorship being in Houston. It's not Cali, I know, but still Houston shouldn't be overlooked IMO.

Quick Reply: vertex knockoff