Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP.. You fail. Should of worn a condom!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:47 PM
FairladyBlue

Originally Posted by quietkilla6
wow you guys are awsome thanks for all the help
i dont see how bolting a seat in the middle of the back of the car is any more dangerous than a civic. With the proper restarints and bolts holding the seat down theres no reason it would be any different from a back seat of any other car. im not going to duck tape her in WTF? how Dare you question my abillty to be a parent? seriously? im asking whether the opportuity is there im not saying im already in the process. With how deep im in with my car loan and how much i like my car im looking for a chance to meet in the middle.

humans are so primitive..
Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 AM
R3belzBRN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Just get a g35. You will then have a back seat.
+1 for ur view. bought my Z used last 2 years frm a guy near the place i live. he sold it because they just got a son. guess what did he buy... a G35. eheh thats what u call a VQ fanatic! lols
Old 01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
quietkilla6

wow guys thanks for the bash... i love that asking how possible something is suddenly turns me into a retarded hill billy with no respect for life. It was a question not a (HEY LOOK WHAT I DID THREAD). like i said i had seen it done and thought it might be possible. a simple "not possible" or "give it up" would have worked fine not all of us have the cash to afford multiple cars. You guys a seriously ruthless... i have spoken with a few mechanics and body shops and although im not going threw with it they have all said it could be done and perfectly safe. Although they all said it was a terrible idea and not really worth the effort. A couple of bolts arnt going to turn the car into swiss cheese. (I only called because of the bash i go on here. yea im kinda sore) Im in the market for a g sedan as we speak. thanks for reminding me why you guys are so much fun to speak with.

Last edited by quietkilla6; 01-02-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
OldDirty Z33

OMFG you are an idiot! This for sure will make it 2009 douche bag of the year and it just hit 09 lolololol
Old 01-02-2009, 06:11 PM
quietkilla6

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33
OMFG you are an idiot! This for sure will make it 2009 douche bag of the year and it just hit 09 lolololol
wonderd how long it took for someone to say that
Old 01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

wow... well after reading the 1st page of this thread i suggest getting a sedan. maybe a g35/evo/wrx/lexus is series..

i really dont know child safety laws.. how about a booster seat in passenger seat?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
coolblue830

wow guys thanks for the bash... i love that asking how possible something is suddenly turns me into a retarded hill billy with no respect for life. It was a question not a (HEY LOOK WHAT I DID THREAD). like i said i had seen it done and thought it might be possible. a simple "not possible" or "give it up" would have worked fine not all of us have the cash to afford multiple cars. You guys a seriously ruthless... i have spoken with a few mechanics and body shops and although im not going threw with it they have all said it could be done and perfectly safe. Although they all said it was a terrible idea and not really worth the effort. A couple of bolts arnt going to turn the car into swiss cheese. (I only called because of the bash i go on here. yea im kinda sore) Im in the market for a g sedan as we speak. thanks for reminding me why you guys are so much fun to speak with.

seriously the reason you are getting flamed is because it's a silly question. Silly questions deserve silly answers.

Way I see it is you have a couple of choices:

1) Keep the Z; risk the life of your child in an UNTESTED AND UNPROVEN modification, be personally liable for any injury and/or damage if you get in a serious accident (insurance will look at it, and say "WTF did you do? We're not paying for that. Whatever you did to the car probably contributed to some sort of structural failure and contributed to injuries."), cost you extra money to even find someone willing quality work that you can trust, then in the event that you want to sell the car some day or trade it in, spend even more money to get it restored back to original condition...

or

2) get another car.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
welderz

I saw an evo at walmart one time with a gutted interior and a full roll cage and there was a childs seat tied into were the rear seats would have gone it looked like a nice setup safety wise but its just a bad idea i would never do that
Old 01-02-2009, 07:09 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

This statement right here probably sums up why you asked such a stupid question to begin with. I don't think you have a clue about what it takes to modify a car. I'm not sure if you'ved looked under the plastic trim surrounding the rear area of the Z. There is metal under those plastic trim pieces and lots of it. I'm not sure what mechanic or body shop said that it would be safe but they HAVE NO FUKIN CLUE what they are talking about!!!!!!! Or, they realized that they could have made a ton of money from you.

The only time I have seen the structures removed, it was replaced with a 12 point roll cage. If you honestly believe that it's "just a couple of bolts" that need to be removed, then you're beyond help.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:25 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 01-02-2009, 07:43 PM
03aeroZ

my wife is a certified car seat installer (much like firemen, other health care workers, and police can become). She went to a weekend long class about how to install car seats.....and let me tell you, almost every person that brings their car in with their "correctly" installed car seat has it in either wrong or too loose. so, if putting it in the right was is had to do and not always done safe...just putting in a few bolts here and there is in no way going to make your car safe for a car seat.

I have been thinking of getting a G35 for this reason as well, because she showed me some videos of front seat crashes with a car seat and I will in no way, ever have a car seat in the front (air bag on or off). I am sure if you get on youtube, you could find some.

Go ask a certified car seat installer this question and see what happens. They are legally/morally required to report poor car seat installation (like if they see a car seat just seat belted in over the kid....as my wife found once). It just isn't worth it...even though you don't track (what if you get hit by someone else going fast....you going to risk that custom set up to be safe?).
Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 PM
BigD2k5

doooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Last edited by BigD2k5; 01-02-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
quietkilla6

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
IN for the OP response.

OP, this girl sounds like a trap!

PS: use spellcheck
haha my comp doesnt have it,

Originally Posted by MethodRN
This statement right here probably sums up why you asked such a stupid question to begin with. I don't think you have a clue about what it takes to modify a car. I'm not sure if you'ved looked under the plastic trim surrounding the rear area of the Z. There is metal under those plastic trim pieces and lots of it. I'm not sure what mechanic or body shop said that it would be safe but they HAVE NO FUKIN CLUE what they are talking about!!!!!!! Or, they realized that they could have made a ton of money from you.

The only time I have seen the structures removed, it was replaced with a 12 point roll cage. If you honestly believe that it's "just a couple of bolts" that need to be removed, then you're beyond help.
the mechs pretty much had a "anything is possible attitude" like i said i was only asking if it was possible i realisticly wouldnt have done it even if everyone said it was a great idea.

Also my gurlfriend isnt able to get a drivers licence by no fault of her own, but thats not something i can talk about on here.

Last edited by quietkilla6; 01-03-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:21 PM
quietkilla6

Originally Posted by 03aeroZ
my wife is a certified car seat installer (much like firemen, other health care workers, and police can become). She went to a weekend long class about how to install car seats.....and let me tell you, almost every person that brings their car in with their "correctly" installed car seat has it in either wrong or too loose. so, if putting it in the right was is had to do and not always done safe...just putting in a few bolts here and there is in no way going to make your car safe for a car seat.

I have been thinking of getting a G35 for this reason as well, because she showed me some videos of front seat crashes with a car seat and I will in no way, ever have a car seat in the front (air bag on or off). I am sure if you get on youtube, you could find some.

Go ask a certified car seat installer this question and see what happens. They are legally/morally required to report poor car seat installation (like if they see a car seat just seat belted in over the kid....as my wife found once). It just isn't worth it...even though you don't track (what if you get hit by someone else going fast....you going to risk that custom set up to be safe?).
i appreciate an answer that doesnt include "your a fukcin idiot". thanks man.
i honestly just wanted to see what the thoughts were you know? In the end i really wouldnt end up doing it. i was just curious what the likelyhood of pulling this off SAFELY is. I would never jepordize my childs life over something selfish like a car and never thought this woud cause such an uproar. I have herd form many a z owner that the down fall o the z is you cant have one when you have a kid so i figured why not ask?
thanks to those who helped with an inocent question and like i said earlier i am in the market for a g sedan as we speak.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
quietkilla6

and just to be clear... you think this is a bad idea guys?
Old 01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

From all the positive post, yes it's a "Great Idea"...
Old 01-03-2009, 03:34 PM
SA Z-boi

Im guessing you didnt read any of the post from the thread of the guy that put back seats in the back of his z. They tore him a new a.s.s hole and you should know not to ask a question like that on here. Thats a question an uneducated 16 yr old new parent would ask, and Im sure you have more common sense than that.

G35 sedan would be a good choice, sometimes you have to make sacrafices for the things you love, and not be selfish.

Were not saying your a bad guy just think about what you ask here before you post a thread

Last edited by SA Z-boi; 01-03-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:48 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

HAPPY NEW YEAR
I have a 3 year old daughter and i CANT get rid of the z. I have alot of over head on my 04 and with the 370z coming i have a feeling its only going to get worse. I remeber seeing pics of a z with a baby seat in the back. They had to remove the rear dash(?) with the speakers, cubbies and glove compartment . What do you guys think? Is it realistic goal? i figure it will cost less than buying and insuring a four seater but i dont want to get neck deep into something impossible. i dont want a entire back seat just like a racaro medium size seat bolted in like a regular seat. Does anyone have a pic of a stripped z trunk interior? opinions please?
the mechs pretty much had a "anything is possible attitude" like i said i was only asking if it was possible i realisticly wouldnt have done it even if everyone said it was a great idea.

Also my gurlfriend isnt able to get a drivers licence by no fault of her own, but thats not something i can talk about on here.
Now it seems like you're coping out..... These 2 statements are so contradictory. On the first one you're already figuring out costs between the project and insurance. You also stated that you didn't want to get neck deep into something, therefore you were considering it.

The second statement you're saying you were "only" asking if it was possible and but wouldn't have done it......

If you had no intention of doing it, why even bother asking for opinions? That's like asking the FI guys, "hey, is it a good idea to go FI?" with no real intention of doing it. WHY BOTHER?????

Quick Reply: baby seat in the back